IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is Teddy Atlas Over-Rated For His Knowledge of Boxing? (Topics Merged)
Jack 1000
post Jan 8 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Will Teddy go Ape-Shit again? In the Williams-Molina fight, if Molina gets a homecourt decision? Do you think Williams will have to score a KO to win against Molina? It's in New Mexico, and I don't think that venue is gonna do justice to Williams should it go to the cards.

Jack

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/dannie-wil...833#more-159833
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
checkleft
post Jan 11 2013, 08:54 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I've heard a lot of judges don't give less than 10-7 rounds.

But yea hes arrogant and he let's his judgement get clouded but I like him. He's been a student of the game for a long time and he isn't afraid let people know what he thinks, unlike almost every other boxing analyst/announcer their is.

I don't agree with his national governed commissions, but I would like to see a powerhouse body in the US that governs boxing sort of like how the NBA is the holy grail of pro basketball or how the NFL is the major market for football. That way fighters can worry less about state commissions or crooked judges and promoters ect. The way that the ufc has structured itself is pretty well in that way other than there is only one head honcho in Dana who can't be overridden, but I think they have a better system in.
Of course that would be difficult because Dana owns the ufc which is basically his company and you would have to create a league/system that is appealing enough.to draw most of the major athletes but this might just be wishful thinking on my part. I'm sure stranger things have happened.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 11 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 11 2013, 08:54 AM) *
I've heard a lot of judges don't give less than 10-7 rounds.

But yea hes arrogant and he let's his judgement get clouded but I like him. He's been a student of the game for a long time and he isn't afraid let people know what he thinks, unlike almost every other boxing analyst/announcer their is.

I don't agree with his national governed commissions, but I would like to see a powerhouse body in the US that governs boxing sort of like how the NBA is the holy grail of pro basketball or how the NFL is the major market for football. That way fighters can worry less about state commissions or crooked judges and promoters ect. The way that the ufc has structured itself is pretty well in that way other than there is only one head honcho in Dana who can't be overridden, but I think they have a better system in.
Of course that would be difficult because Dana owns the ufc which is basically his company and you would have to create a league/system that is appealing enough.to draw most of the major athletes but this might just be wishful thinking on my part. I'm sure stranger things have happened.

unfortunately, what he thinks isn't always in line with reality. i like him to because he educates the fans for the most part...but he needs to stop with his holier than thou..."this is what's wrong with boxing" rants.

a monopoly for boxing will not work. dana white and the ufc's model doesn't work for boxing. the ufc is tiny in comparison to boxing so what it is able to do with its very limited easily recycle-able talent is not possible in boxing.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:13 AM