IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saul and Floyd in September? What About Alverez?, Size Up Both Potential Opponents For Floyd Here
Dolimite
post Jan 15 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 15 2013, 07:37 AM) *
Remember that The Ghost is not gonna have a native California ref or a guy like Russell Mora in there to allow him to be dirty by holding and hitting and working inside. They will have a fair ref, but its not gonna be like Lou Moret did in the Berto fight where he allowed Robert to do anything he wanted, and even borderline to illegal low blows.

Fighting dirty may be Robert's only chance to make this competitive. If the Ghost is in Floyd's face and throwing balls to the wall and bombing. Floyd has not had to deal with that since the first Castillo fight. It's almost like Floyd would have to go to California or get Mora as a ref to get that kind of situation where they will let Robert do what he wants.

You know, Guerrero's fight with Floyd could be like Hatton's fight with Floyd. The potential for the opponent to do more, but Cortez did not let Hatton fight inside against Floyd. I was even getting pissed at Hatton's holding in that fight. A Nevada ref won't let Robert hold and fight inside, so this is a swell up and bust up fight with Floyd winning comfortably after about the 4th round.

I will pick Floyd by TKO in the 12th (on cuts.)

Jack

The last guy that got dirty with Mayweather ended up seeing the canvas very early. At this stage of the game Mayweather spots fighters styles very earlier Guerrero has a shot at beating Mayweather just like any other fight but the odds are not on his side. We shall see come May 4th
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 15 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 15 2013, 08:33 PM) *
The last guy that got dirty with Mayweather ended up seeing the canvas very early. At this stage of the game Mayweather spots fighters styles very earlier Guerrero has a shot at beating Mayweather just like any other fight but the odds are not on his side. We shall see come May 4th

Doubt Robert is gonna try to make out w/ may like ortiz after pulling something dirty. He would more than likely follow it up with something else instead, just the kind of guy he strikes me as.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 15 2013, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 10 2013, 03:18 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Now that we know that Floyd is fighting Alexander or so he says it still is completely unknown who Saul is fighting... I am guessing it is either between the winner of K9 and Smith. We shall see.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 12 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 15 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Remember that The Ghost is not gonna have a native California ref or a guy like Russell Mora in there to allow him to be dirty by holding and hitting and working inside. They will have a fair ref, but its not gonna be like Lou Moret did in the Berto fight where he allowed Robert to do anything he wanted, and even borderline to illegal low blows.

Fighting dirty may be Robert's only chance to make this competitive. If the Ghost is in Floyd's face and throwing balls to the wall and bombing.1 Floyd has not had to deal with that since the first Castillo fight. It's almost like Floyd would have to go to California or get Mora as a ref to get that kind of situation where they will let Robert do what he wants.

You know, Guerrero's fight with Floyd could be like Hatton's fight with Floyd. The potential for the opponent to do more,2. but Cortez did not let Hatton fight inside against Floyd. I was even getting pissed at Hatton's holding in that fight. A Nevada ref won't let Robert hold and fight inside, so this is a swell up and bust up fight with Floyd winning comfortably after about the 4th round.

I will pick Floyd by TKO in the 12th (on cuts.)

Jack

1. I thought he dealt with it well in the fight with Jesus Chavez and Hatton

2. Hatton was doing more mauling than boxing, he was just wrestling/i wouldn't call that crap fighting.

Guerrero will need more than an inside game to beat Floyd, he will need to be able to be faster than Mayweather. That is the key to beating Floyd

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 17 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #25

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Zab was faster and ended up going for a dq to save himself from being TKO'd.... Guerrero needing to be faster than Mayweather is funny...because that just isn't happening unless he slips flOYD some HALDOL or something...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:17 PM