Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Malignaggi vs. Mosley, Update: Fight is financially falling apart
Dolimite
post Jan 15 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #11

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

You guys realize that there will be no knock out for this fight. Mosley lost his pop and Paulie never had it. This fight is going to like watching old people bone, just painful and pathetic. This fight should be free on access cable. But I will say it will gain a lot of steam because it will be on the weekend that is before the big fight! So people will already be hyped for May 4th. Why is Shane coming back. When was the last time he won a fight? I am actually picking Paulie to win. Shane's stamina left years ago. Oh well. Next think you know Reddick Bowe and Michael Moore will be fighting... geez. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 15 2013, 04:01 PM) *
Man, I really don't want to see Mosley being a champ....or wearing anything other than a bathrobe and sipping on some kool-aid while watching his son doing the same mistakes he did.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Damn Mit!

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 15 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Then again, there has been talks of Devon and Mosley fight before right? hmmm....

Yeah, and gladly, it fizzled out quickly! The thing is, Devon needed that "name" on his resume, but he was too little too late. Paulie on the other hand, has fought top champs and is at the end of his career, so a Mosley fight doesn't sound as bad on his end. Devon fighting Mosley seemed like a vulture move.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 15 2013, 07:02 PM) *
Next think you know Reddick Bowe and Michael Moore will be fighting... geez. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

Dont speak too soon...Bowe was actually considering a comeback a year or two ago. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 15 2013, 09:50 PM
Post #13

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

The fact that the sanctioning bodies would even approve this fight is ridiculous. Shane ain't had a win since 09. I'm going with Paulie for the win, I don't care how much pop Shane has or has lost. I don't hink he can pull the trigger anymore

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 15 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Paulie is a small welter and has no pop, so I think mosley won't be afraid to pull the trigger. I'm hoping for a good fight with mosley forcing the exchange and some good moments. But I think Paulie will win UD

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 16 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Ambivalent about this match up, but if I have to pick then unfortunately I've got to pick Paulie 'the Weird One' Malignaggi. Reason being what others have said, Mosley's reflexes are shit, shot...whatever. His reluctance/fear against Alvarez and Pacquaio were certainly part of it, but I think his reflexes at this stage are very, very questionable.

Although if Shane can catch Malignaggi then the geezer might win.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 16 2013, 02:22 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 15 2013, 06:24 PM) *
This is easy. Mosley all the way. I don't see Paula giving Mosley any thing to be worried about. Mosley has lost stamina and might I say his power as well. Paula goes hand in hand with Timothy Bradley in the pillows category. Add that to Mosley's horse like chin. This will be a snoozefest fight. A lot of jab, hugging maybe tapping of gloves and huffin and puffin from Mosley.

Can't believe Mosley gets a title shot. But I see this fight as a close one with no definite winner. Probably the most boring fight of 2013.

I don't know what Golden Boy is cookin up but they should let Paula hold the belt. They can make a Devon Alexander fight that can spark some interest including the beef with the two. Then again, there has been talks of Devon and Mosley fight before right? hmmm....

Good post, agree with you but Im still leaning towards Paulie. That boy can take leather and I think his activity can give him the edge if he makes it to the cards.

Sad part is, I don't see Shane retiring win or lose.

What do you guys think? Will Shane ride off into the sunset if he wins? Or do you guys see him sticking around? Especially since the checks are nice and that fuckdoll he was dating didn't look cheap, especially after a savage divorce that he got shafted in lol

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jan 16 2013, 04:43 AM
Post #17

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Shane "I need the doe" Mosley will definitely not retire if he wins. Ego and the sole fact he actually won (if he wins) will get into his head, he will think he still got it and lose the title in his next fight.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jan 16 2013, 05:55 AM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

This is that shit I don't like! a guy loses his last 3 title shots, retires, and then comes back to a title fight. Mosley should have to work his way up the ladder to get a title fight. Both of these guys are trying to cherry pick. Paulie thinks Shane is shot and Shane thinks he can press the action and hurt malignaggi since he has no power.

I hate to say this but my money is on the fruit cake(malinaggi) by decision.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 16 2013, 07:59 AM
Post #19

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 16 2013, 12:22 AM) *
Good post, agree with you but Im still leaning towards Paulie. That boy can take leather and I think his activity can give him the edge if he makes it to the cards.

Sad part is, I don't see Shane retiring win or lose.

What do you guys think? Will Shane ride off into the sunset if he wins? Or do you guys see him sticking around? Especially since the checks are nice and that fuckdoll he was dating didn't look cheap, especially after a savage divorce that he got shafted in lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Fuckdoll!!!!! He knew how much she was when they met. Shane has to retire if he loses to Paulie he will not fight anyone as soft handed as he. What happen to the Shane that gave Mayweather a run for the first 3 rounds bring that Shane back. If Shane wins and that is a big if then he will be asking for a rematch with Floyd or a fight with Cotto, imagine that one.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 16 2013, 08:43 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

That cotto fight was awesome, god Damn cotto was a beast then. Gotta be one of my favorite fights in my lifetime.

Thought mosley was gonna put cotto on his ass. I mean if chop chop and zab nearly got him down I figured mosley could stop him. Never did I think cotto could outbox sugar either.

BTW anyone know why zab and mosley never went at it?

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 16 2013, 08:56 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:37 AM