> Malignaggi vs. Mosley, Update: Fight is financially falling apart
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2013, 10:40 PM) *
The crying and bitching Mosley had been doing is pathetic. No one wants to see him fight. No one! If Paulie can say fuck you then you know you hit rock bottom. I think Mosley should stick to training, no one will fight him, no one. I think Marcos and Paulie is a great match, I think Marcos will punish Paulie for 9 rounds before sending him to Showtime to be a full time announcer. The boxing gods have answered one of my prayers let's see if they can answer the other 5.

I have to agree with you here.

Gotta respect Shane's career, but the whoring for big paydays at the end, wasn't a good look at all. Paulie may not be able to beat a top WW, but hell, most of the current WWs are B+ fighters, and they cant even beat a guy at their level...so I cant say that he wont go into those fights without a chance.

I like Maidana more nowadays...as long as he can repeat and maintain the same performance from the Soto-Karass fight. I missed his old "slug it out" days, but the boxer-like mentality should keep him around longer.

Old slugger or now boxing style, Maidana murders Paulie...too much balls, not a care in the world about getting hit, and a newlt adopted boxing style= nightmare for Paulie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 24 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Schaefer said it could possibly be Maidana-Matthysse and Malinaggi-Berto now

With that said, I'm glad Paulie decided not to take this fight.Though I think he would've beaten Shane, it did little for him at this point in his career and it would've further diminished Shane in the boxing communities eyes. I read he was getting paid $350K for the fight. That's a generous price fir him considering he hasn't won in 4 years. I hope this brings him closer to the realization that it's over

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 25 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2013, 09:24 PM) *
I have to agree with you here.

Gotta respect Shane's career, but the whoring for big paydays at the end, wasn't a good look at all. Paulie may not be able to beat a top WW, but hell, most of the current WWs are B+ fighters, and they cant even beat a guy at their level...so I cant say that he wont go into those fights without a chance.

I like Maidana more nowadays...as long as he can repeat and maintain the same performance from the Soto-Karass fight. I missed his old "slug it out" days, but the boxer-like mentality should keep him around longer.

Old slugger or now boxing style, Maidana murders Paulie...too much balls, not a care in the world about getting hit, and a newlt adopted boxing style= nightmare for Paulie.

Shane would get put on his ass by anyone at this point of his career. Instead of going for a knockout or slug it out with a fighter that has been touching him all night, he would smile and try to touch gloves. Paulie would get blitz by Marcos and his fellow countryman. Paulie should fight Josesito Lopez and call it a day!

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 27 2013, 01:44 AM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I'll be honest. Paulie, love him to death as a fighter. Great commentator too. He was in the right place at the right time when he got the WBA 147 pound belt. If Berto and Ortiz had been in the picture, we wouldnt even be talking about Paulie and a 147 pound belt. He's smallish for the weight and has literally NO power. Thats why he can afford to turn Mosely down. Everyone at 140 and 147 wants this fight because it is so winnable for most of the top guys. Thats why Mosley targeted him. Its a no brainer for Mosley. Its another opportunity to get a belt and ANOTHER big fight behind it. Malignaggi is the path of least resistance for all at 140 - 147. Surprised Amir Khan isnt jumping all over this one. Wouldnt shock me if mayweather picks Paulie. Paulie is at the center of the 140-147 universe. He can pick and choose who he will surrender his belt to, because he WILL surrender it.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 27 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 26 2013, 10:44 PM) *
I'll be honest. Paulie, love him to death as a fighter. Great commentator too. He was in the right place at the right time when he got the WBA 147 pound belt. If Berto and Ortiz had been in the picture, we wouldnt even be talking about Paulie and a 147 pound belt. He's smallish for the weight and has literally NO power. Thats why he can afford to turn Mosely down. Everyone at 140 and 147 wants this fight because it is so winnable for most of the top guys. Thats why Mosley targeted him. Its a no brainer for Mosley. Its another opportunity to get a belt and ANOTHER big fight behind it. Malignaggi is the path of least resistance for all at 140 - 147. Surprised Amir Khan isnt jumping all over this one. Wouldnt shock me if mayweather picks Paulie. Paulie is at the center of the 140-147 universe. He can pick and choose who he will surrender his belt to, because he WILL surrender it.

That would be career suicide. I am a Mayweather fan and I would shit on him from here until the rest of his career if he picks Paulie. Paulie poses no threat to Floyd it would be like watching Alabama play Hampton University in football. 100-0 would be the score. No thank you.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 29 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 25 2013, 06:27 PM) *
Shane would get put on his ass by anyone at this point of his career. Instead of going for a knockout or slug it out with a fighter that has been touching him all night, he would smile and try to touch gloves. Paulie would get blitz by Marcos and his fellow countryman. Paulie should fight Josesito Lopez and call it a day!

I dont know about Shane. Im not sure we'll ever see him get stopped...he's just one of those fighters. If Canelo landed all of those bobs and Shane never went down, then that could either mean that, he still has a granite chin, or Canelo doesn't hit as hard we're lead to believe.

Paulie would get eaten alive by Maidana, and Lopez fight is further suicide...imagine a faster Cano with decent movement, and you'll come up with a nightmare named Josesito Lopez. Lol

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:58 AM