IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In light of Lance Armstrong's Exposure, What are your thoughts of Random Testing now???
BrutUalBK
post Jan 18 2013, 09:37 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/lan...e-france-011713

Not too long ago I remember being ridiculed and laughed off a certain boxing forum for suggesting that Blood Doping through Blood Transfusion was possible but listen to the interview in the link posted and then provide your feedback.

I'm a firm believer that testing not only for boxing but for all sports should be mandated and sanctioned by all sports organizations to ensure that we are all playing on an even field and if they're not going to make it mandatory then simply allow everyone to dope, disregard the testing and may the stronger doper win.

Your thoughts??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Jan 18 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #2

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

I like and appreciate your thoughts on the matter Brut. I am all for a clean sport, but given what I have read and heard, it seems unlikely, no matter what steps are taken. I am not going to point fingers, but I would not be at all surprised if just about all top boxers are cycling on and off certain PEDs and/or taking masked PEDs.

I watched a video of an interview with Victor Conte and Joe Rogan that really opened my eyes. As you all probably know, Victor and Angel Heredia worked with Olympians and helped them pass Olympic drug testing with the use of unidentifiable PEDs. Victor went on to call the current testing in boxing and IQ test. You know when the test is, so cycle off. Of course, random testing would detour this behavior, but would not stop it... IMO.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 18 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 18 2013, 09:37 AM) *
http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/lan...e-france-011713

Not too long ago I remember being ridiculed and laughed off a certain boxing forum for suggesting that Blood Doping through Blood Transfusion was possible but listen to the interview in the link posted and then provide your feedback.

I'm a firm believer that testing not only for boxing but for all sports should be mandated and sanctioned by all sports organizations to ensure that we are all playing on an even field and if they're not going to make it mandatory then simply allow everyone to dope, disregard the testing and may the stronger doper win.

Your thoughts??

Agreed completely.

It shouldn't be lost on anyone that the agency that's been criticised (U.S.A.D.A) by people who are supposedly in the know, is the same agency that busted Armstrong. Before Armstrong's confession, many even went so far as to say that the U.S.A.D.A's findings of guilt were ridiculous.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 18 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

QUOTE (Southeastpaw @ Jan 18 2013, 08:47 AM) *
I like and appreciate your thoughts on the matter Brut. I am all for a clean sport, but given what I have read and heard, it seems unlikely, no matter what steps are taken. I am not going to point fingers, but I would not be at all surprised if just about all top boxers are cycling on and off certain PEDs and/or taking masked PEDs.

I watched a video of an interview with Victor Conte and Joe Rogan that really opened my eyes. As you all probably know, Victor and Angel Heredia worked with Olympians and helped them pass Olympic drug testing with the use of unidentifiable PEDs. Victor went on to call the current testing in boxing and IQ test. You know when the test is, so cycle off. Of course, random testing would detour this behavior, but would not stop it... IMO.

Yeah SP, I'm aware of Conte and the craziness with the cycling on and off of testing and how if Boxers (or any other sportsmen/sportswoman) if they know how they'd come off and then go back on the minute testing was over but random as you stated would detour it although we know nearly nothing is 100%.

About the only other testing I think that can detect when levels are not normal would be to pull hair follicle samples and DNA test them throughout the year. I got banned from a certain site because I spoke about how these athletes were able to perform blood transfusions, they clowned me so badly on that site that no matter what level of science I brought before them they simply summed it up to me being some kind of conspiracy idiot because I used the reference in relation to Pacquiao possibly doping or using PEDS at a time when he (Manny) was like some sort of demi-god.

Now, we have Lance Armstrong admitting to using the Blood Transfusion method to cycle on/cycle off (no Pun intended) during his training. Amazing how vindication can come.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 18 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 18 2013, 09:15 AM) *
Agreed completely.

It shouldn't be lost on anyone that the agency that's been criticised (U.S.A.D.A) by people who are supposedly in the know, is the same agency that busted Armstrong. Before Armstrong's confession, many even went so far as to say that the U.S.A.D.A's findings of guilt were ridiculous.

I've read so many disses towards W.A.D.A. and U.S.A.D.A but it was 99% from those who were Pac fans because they were using any source/resource to defend the claims being leveled against him about PED usage, now the cat is out the bag so to say that if the world's most reknown Cyclist was using and now has admitted to it after being caught that surely Manny Pacquiao or any other athelete figure should not be above suspicion.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 18 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

My stance is that I'm disgusted. Not by the people cheating, but by the people that say "Well people are going to do it anywa. What difference does it make?" There are going to be certain kids who turn out to be failures in life. It doesn't mean that you stop parenting. Cancer hasn't gone away, but we still spend millions of dollars on research. Same with AIDS.Shit, we haven't even found a fool proof solution to the common cold yet (not even Big Momma). What people don't realize is, this is beyond winning and losing. Especially in contact sports, the ramifications of steroids can be catastrophic. Bodies are unnaturally doing things they shouldn't be doing. Boxing, of all sports, should be the most strict. Even when you win you lose in boxing. I've nver known a fighter to fight his entire career and not get hit. Maybe steroids never goes away. That doesn't mean you stop doing your due diligence to ensure you've exhausted every effort to make your sport a clean one. I'm no genius or psychiatrist, but I'm willing to bet a cheater would be far less apt to use if he knows the ramifications of getting caught, as well as the methods in which to catch him, are extremely high.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jan 18 2013, 11:48 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 18 2013, 10:27 AM) *
My stance is that I'm disgusted. Not by the people cheating, but by the people that say "Well people are going to do it anywa. What difference does it make?" There are going to be certain kids who turn out to be failures in life. It doesn't mean that you stop parenting. Cancer hasn't gone away, but we still spend millions of dollars on research. Same with AIDS.Shit, we haven't even found a fool proof solution to the common cold yet (not even Big Momma). What people don't realize is, this is beyond winning and losing. Especially in contact sports, the ramifications of steroids can be catastrophic. Bodies are unnaturally doing things they shouldn't be doing. Boxing, of all sports, should be the most strict. Even when you win you lose in boxing. I've nver known a fighter to fight his entire career and not get hit. Maybe steroids never goes away. That doesn't mean you stop doing your due diligence to ensure you've exhausted every effort to make your sport a clean one. I'm no genius or psychiatrist, but I'm willing to bet a cheater would be far less apt to use if he knows the ramifications of getting caught, as well as the methods in which to catch him, are extremely high.

I agree with you which is why I'm all for Mandatory/Random Testing throughout the life cycle of any athlete as long as he/she is active in sports-especially those that are considered contact sports (boxing, MMA, Football, etc.).

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Jan 18 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #8

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 18 2013, 11:27 AM) *

I understand your view. I'm not saying stop the testing. But I that doesn't mean that I should be surprised when someone turns up positive. Victor is right about testing in boxing. For a contact sport to have scheduled testing is ridiculous. It definitely turns into an IQ test instead of a drug test. Like I said, I am all for a clean sport. But I am not naive about what is going on. And stricter testing does need to happen. But let's not be surprised at the amount of fights that get scratched for a while after a tighter leash has been administered due to drug use.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 18 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 18 2013, 11:24 AM) *
I've read so many disses towards W.A.D.A. and U.S.A.D.A but it was 99% from those who were Pac fans because they were using any source/resource to defend the claims being leveled against him about PED usage, now the cat is out the bag so to say that if the world's most reknown Cyclist was using and now has admitted to it after being caught that surely Manny Pacquiao or any other athelete figure should not be above suspicion.

Yup. Every pro. boxer (amateurs too would be nice) should be randomly tested for P.E.Ds (and coke too). If the sport becomes more structured then paying for it will be sorted out too e.g. a central fund can be set up to cover those costs.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jan 18 2013, 01:41 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 18 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 18 2013, 11:27 AM) *

Definitely.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 03:32 AM