> donaire vs rigondeax in april
Cheesey1
post Jan 19 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 19 2013, 02:05 AM) *
Them being in house is the reason its not happening. When they are both in house its even easier to keep a cash cow... I mean popular fighter away from a threat.

I guess...but it shouldn't be. The Bobfather strikes again. WTF was Rigo thinking when he renewed his contract?
Rigondeaux: Why, why, why?

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jan 20 2013, 12:27 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Jan 19 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

It was on the local tabloids here in the Philippines too.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 19 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Jan 19 2013, 10:20 AM) *

Tabloids...that's what a lot of (most?) internet boxing sites are too.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 19 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 19 2013, 02:05 AM) *
Them being in house is the reason its not happening. When they are both in house its even easier to keep a cash cow... I mean popular fighter away from a threat.

funny how that works. certain boxers not being in house won't get a fight unless they sign. certain in house fighters are signed so that toprank can protect their investments.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 19 2013, 06:19 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Jan 19 2013, 10:20 AM) *

that's the oldest game in the book...name drop a big opponent to keep u relevant and face an easier opponent instead. oscar was really good at doing this at various times in his career...but at least he faced most of the guys he was naming as "possible" opponents. they do it to get a rise out of the fans and build excitement.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I usually dont believe Arum when it seems like he's going to give us what we've been waiting for, but he usually screw us when it comes to his top tier fighters.

In this case, I actually believe that this fight will happen. I also read another article that stated Bob's interest in a Mares/Donaire fight for April 13th. Now THAT's some bullshit.

If you think about it, Rigo isn't that marketable under Bob's umbrella, and he only has about 11 or 12 fights, so I can see him feeding Rigo to Donaire. It cant be any worse than those other no-hopers that Donaire fought.

I actually see Donaire stopping Rigo, and that's based off of my observation of the Rigo/Marroquin fight. I forgot that Rigo would have to move up a weight class as well.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 22 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2013, 03:27 PM) *
I usually dont believe Arum when it seems like he's going to give us what we've been waiting for, but he usually screw us when it comes to his top tier fighters.

In this case, I actually believe that this fight will happen. I also read another article that stated Bob's interest in a Mares/Donaire fight for April 13th. Now THAT's some bullshit.

If you think about it, Rigo isn't that marketable under Bob's umbrella, and he only has about 11 or 12 fights, so I can see him feeding Rigo to Donaire. It cant be any worse than those other no-hopers that Donaire fought.

I actually see Donaire stopping Rigo, and that's based off of my observation of the Rigo/Marroquin fight. I forgot that Rigo would have to move up a weight class as well.

i saw something earlier where donaire's manager or someone said the contracts for that haven't been signed yet. i'm not holding my breath on it happening and if donaire doesn't fight him...i'm going to come to the conclusion that he wants no part of him because he knows he can't beat him and that bob signed rigo to protect donaire. i think i need to look up this marroquin fight to see what all the fuss is about. i think i missed that one.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 30 2013, 01:50 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Looks like this fight is nearly done. And a very interesting comment from rigos manager saying top rank has a legal obligation to make the fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 30 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 30 2013, 01:50 AM) *
Looks like this fight is nearly done. And a very interesting comment from rigos manager saying top rank has a legal obligation to make the fight.

cool

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:37 PM