IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Deontay Wilder vs. Mike Tyson's first 26 Opponents.
Gambit808
post Jan 18 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Pretty Interesting question that I'd like to here some points on. I was chatting with a friend and he asked why Deontay Wilder's name can't generate the same kind of Buzz that Iron Mike generated when comparing the two's first 26 opponents. My answer was simply, well, one has a Gold medal and the other a Bronze. He came back saying well on a Professional level "one looks like Gold (Wilder) and the other Bronze (Tyson)" which is true (I guess), I mean both guys opposition were either over-matched or both these 2 guys skill level made it look so, Yet (on paper) Wilder has the better Win-K.O. ratio.

How can you compare this argument?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
wolterb
post Jan 19 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

^totally agree.

i would bet wilder could become special though. i don't know anything of his character, but he has the athleticism and physique to compete in the heavyweight division if trained right. he won't gather the attention tyson did by beating on bums though for the reasons already stated. no one knows his potential until he steps it up even a smidge though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 21 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jan 19 2013, 08:13 PM) *
^totally agree.

i would bet wilder could become special though. i don't know anything of his character, but he has the athleticism and physique to compete in the heavyweight division if trained right. he won't gather the attention tyson did by beating on bums though for the reasons already stated. no one knows his potential until he steps it up even a smidge though.

i know amateurs and newly turned pros that are much more skilled than the opposition wilder has been facing. that last guy he ko'd was extremely flawed. mike fought some no hopers that looked like part time boxers...but some of those guys had actual skill. we'll see.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 12:55 PM