IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Deontay Wilder vs. Mike Tyson's first 26 Opponents.
Gambit808
post Jan 18 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Pretty Interesting question that I'd like to here some points on. I was chatting with a friend and he asked why Deontay Wilder's name can't generate the same kind of Buzz that Iron Mike generated when comparing the two's first 26 opponents. My answer was simply, well, one has a Gold medal and the other a Bronze. He came back saying well on a Professional level "one looks like Gold (Wilder) and the other Bronze (Tyson)" which is true (I guess), I mean both guys opposition were either over-matched or both these 2 guys skill level made it look so, Yet (on paper) Wilder has the better Win-K.O. ratio.

How can you compare this argument?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mitukczuk
post Jan 19 2013, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Wilder doesn't have that beast aura around him..and he is not trained by Cus or other legendary trainer. Those are for me two main reasons of why there is no ongoing conversation and comparison of those two. In the early years (before King took over) of Mike's career he was surrounded by very smart team and D'Amato's presence alone was partially what brought the media and all to Mike.

Also, Mike's style was very unique. Deontay is lacking that certain fighting charisma...there are many fighters who just KTFO everyone, but only a few have that something that makes you wanna see their every fight.

BTW - Wilder is a freak !!
And so is the guy he is fighting here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUlfI5VlZuY

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Jan 19 2013, 08:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 02:23 AM