Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kelly Pavlik to retire
KOpower
post Jan 19 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

He said he doesn't want to risk his health and he doesn't have the motivation to train at a high level. He is only 30. It sucks because he makes some exciting fights. I would love to see him in there with Froch, Kessler, or Bute. Those are all exciting fights. Pavlik just lost the desire. It wouldn't be surprising to see him back in 2 or 3 years.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Jan 22 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I'm glad he decided to call it quits, but I feel that he could've waited around for the Ward fight.

Since Ward recently had surgery, I feel that Pavlik would've had a bit more time to prepare and do some soul-searching while he was at it. Trust me, I'm not knocking his decision, but I just wished that he would've gotten that last big payday that he came back and worked hard for.

He had the Ward fight in his back pocket, and if push came to shove, he could've still gotten a big payday against Chavez, if it came down to it. At the end of the day, Im glad that he decided what was best.

Im just big on fighters being financially stable after they leave, excuse me for being a douche. I just cant get with the likes of Shane Mosley giving it a go...50 million times. I believe he'll be the guy to "Brett Favre" it, for the rest of his career.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:51 AM