IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kid Chocolate vs GGG is the fight we should be pushing for.
Kratza
post Jan 21 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 21 2013, 05:41 PM) *
Don't know about serg having a suspect chin. He's only been down against big punchers/bigger guys and a lot of his kds are in part because of his bad balance.

And no way to know how good a chin quillin has at this point. But in the fight aginst the French dude he got wobbled about three or four times as well and idk how big a puncher the other guy was.

But he still gets caught when he can't use his legs, when his legs are on his side sure he won't go down but as we saw in the Chavez Jr fight he was taking little to no punishment at all until he got hit which shows he can be hurt if his legs aren't with him

N'dam had an almost identical record to Quillen but i'm not sure about his opposition and really i have never seen Quillen in any kind of trouble with any opponent and so i think his chin can hold up to a big puncher

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2013, 09:58 PM) *
why a suspect chin for Martinez?

He's been dropped/hurt by powerful guys (Chavez jr etc.) but the only reason I think he was dropped is because of his knees
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 21 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 21 2013, 11:26 PM) *
But he still gets caught when he can't use his legs, when his legs are on his side sure he won't go down but as we saw in the Chavez Jr fight he was taking little to no punishment at all until he got hit which shows he can be hurt if his legs aren't with him

N'dam had an almost identical record to Quillen but i'm not sure about his opposition and really i have never seen Quillen in any kind of trouble with any opponent and so i think his chin can hold up to a big puncher

He's been dropped/hurt by powerful guys (Chavez jr etc.) but the only reason I think he was dropped is because of his knees

Yeah Chavez is the only one that's managed to drop him without it being his balance being terrible, but against Chavez he'd been working every minute of every round against a Cruiserweight realistically

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 22 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jan 21 2013, 06:26 PM) *

I thought he was dropped because of the monster pace he kept up and exhaustion caught up but his damaged legs could have definitely been the reason as well.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2013, 07:17 PM) *
Yeah Chavez is the only one that's managed to drop him without it being his balance being terrible, but against Chavez he'd been working every minute of every round against a Cruiserweight realistically

Exactly what I thought but as I said the knee could have definitely been a factor.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jan 23 2013, 04:44 AM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

With what I've seen of these champion(s) and titlists, I'll rank them as follows as to wkn I think will beat who at 160 - for 2013 only:

1. Martinez
2. Golovkin
3. Chavez, Jr.
4. Quillin
5. Geale

To me, GGG ranks so high due his superb balance, power, apparent stamina, and some appreciable level of ring smarts;he ranks just behind Sexy due to his lack of a good defensive skill.

P34c3

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jan 23 2013, 05:03 AM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

BTW, going by my list, and regarding the poser in the original post, I'll want to see 2 vs 3 (GGG-Chavez, Jr.) next, or ASAP.

P34c3

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 23 2013, 12:36 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (duwdu @ Jan 23 2013, 05:03 AM) *
BTW, going by my list, and regarding the poser in the original post, I'll want to see 2 vs 3 (GGG-Chavez, Jr.) next, or ASAP.

P34c3

That would be a foty type fight

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jan 24 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #17

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

i can see ggg losing only because he seems to be in love with his power. like kosta was before he lost to vince. once Kosta lost, he finally started putting punches to together and setting things up. GGG will find someone who won't go down and get outboxed then after that go a tear and become one of the best mw's.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 24 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (flazi @ Jan 24 2013, 05:52 PM) *
i can see ggg losing only because he seems to be in love with his power. like kosta was before he lost to vince. once Kosta lost, he finally started putting punches to together and setting things up. GGG will find someone who won't go down and get outboxed then after that go a tear and become one of the best mw's.

i thought he did just that in his fight with rosado? i saw GGG make several adjustments when he realized he wasn't getting rosado out of there. i think he is far more skilled and talented than KT. he also has great power in both hands and deceptive defense. he's not as straight up as max would have u believe.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jan 25 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #19

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

true but what i mean is someone who won't go down and won't be affected much by his shots. still in that fight he was looking for that one big punch, he didn't frustrated which i like and it might have been a case of knowing that his opponent was not a mw and not used to that kind of power but i did see him overrely on the power. yeah he threw jabs to set up other stuff but i still him in love with his power like KT was. Yes way more skilled than KT and that says a lot cause KT was a beast. Yes his defense was not bad either even with the 0 head movement which is surprising but i guess its from his long amateur background.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 31 2013, 02:14 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Changed my mind on this. Me thinks quillen can win this fight, after watching the fight again against rosado Gennady was hurt several times and backing up against a Jr middleweight. I think a guy with quillens patience power counter ability and quickness being a full fledged middleweight will give golovkin a hurting especially if ggg doesn't learn to move his head more. I like this fight, both of these guys to me are more hype than anything still even tho quillen had his coming out party in his last fight.

But if either fights a guy like macklin I won't be mad at all

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 31 2013, 02:15 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 05:40 AM