IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kid Chocolate vs GGG is the fight we should be pushing for.
Cshel86
post Jan 31 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Kid Chopped-Tooth would be on his unicycle in this one...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 1 2013, 02:46 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 31 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Changed my mind on this. Me thinks quillen can win this fight, after watching the fight again against rosado Gennady was hurt several times and backing up against a Jr middleweight. I think a guy with quillens patience power counter ability and quickness being a full fledged middleweight will give golovkin a hurting especially if ggg doesn't learn to move his head more. I like this fight, both of these guys to me are more hype than anything still even tho quillen had his coming out party in his last fight.

But if either fights a guy like macklin I won't be mad at all

whoa! really?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 2 2013, 10:59 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 1 2013, 03:46 PM) *
whoa! really?

Yep, both haven't fought a legit top contender but golovkin still struggled with a smaller not top guy and quillin leaves something to be desired although being very entertaining he doesn't have good defense and sometimes just sits there without letting em go. A more experienced guy with better skills could def give both a lot of problems.

I wouldn't mind seeing quillen Rubio. And macklin ggg

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 3 2013, 03:56 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 2 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Yep, both haven't fought a legit top contender but golovkin still struggled with a smaller not top guy and quillin leaves something to be desired although being very entertaining he doesn't have good defense and sometimes just sits there without letting em go. A more experienced guy with better skills could def give both a lot of problems.

I wouldn't mind seeing quillen Rubio. And macklin ggg

golovkin didn't lose a round and really busted up rosado. the rosado that lost to ggg will be extremely difficult for anyone to beat at 160. don't be fooled because this dude was ko'd by angulo before. he's grown on the job and will dominate at 154. quillen will destroy rubio and ggg will destroy macklin.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 3 2013, 11:36 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I also like Quillin's chances against Golovkin. 'Kid Chocolate' needs to improve his D though.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 4 2013, 01:54 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 3 2013, 04:56 AM) *
golovkin didn't lose a round and really busted up rosado. the rosado that lost to ggg will be extremely difficult for anyone to beat at 160. don't be fooled because this dude was ko'd by angulo before. he's grown on the job and will dominate at 154. quillen will destroy rubio and ggg will destroy macklin.

I think it was chels or you that said something about "giving people wins for guys they haven't fought". I don't know about him dominating because he was hurting in there too. But I don't want to give either of these guys victories against guys they haven't fought especially since they haven't fought any top competition. I know ggg had a reputation in the ams but just havent seen anything really special yet.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 4 2013, 12:36 AM) *
I also like Quillin's chances against Golovkin. 'Kid Chocolate' needs to improve his D though.

Definitely agree especially with a guy who looks like he has some pop. Love his speed and pop tho

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 4 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 4 2013, 02:54 AM) *
I think it was chels or you that said something about "giving people wins for guys they haven't fought". I don't know about him dominating because he was hurting in there too. But I don't want to give either of these guys victories against guys they haven't fought especially since they haven't fought any top competition. I know ggg had a reputation in the ams but just havent seen anything really special yet.

cshels says that all the time...i agree. i don't think i'm giving him credit for guys he hasn't beaten...but i do see how certain styles match up and where one guy can exploit another. rosado held his own...but he did not win a single round in that fight. some were more competitive than others...but ggg did dominate. at this point...i believe both ggg and quillen can beat martinez who is the best at 160 without question.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 4 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 4 2013, 03:21 PM) *
cshels says that all the time...i agree. i don't think i'm giving him credit for guys he hasn't beaten...but i do see how certain styles match up and where one guy can exploit another. rosado held his own...but he did not win a single round in that fight. some were more competitive than others...but ggg did dominate. at this point...i believe both ggg and quillen can beat martinez who is the best at 160 without question.

Damn, that's quite an assessment. I still have to see how Martinez looks post rehab, and of course factor in his age cause he's no spring chicken.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 4 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 4 2013, 08:16 PM) *
Damn, that's quite an assessment. I still have to see how Martinez looks post rehab, and of course factor in his age cause he's no spring chicken.

i didn't even consider the injury. i'm going off the best martinez that i've seen. he's always been flawed...he's just had opposition that couldn't exploit those flaws. considering the injury..and age...i'm even more convinced both beat him at this point. it's unfortunate because martinez blazed a serious trail and imo, did not get the recognition he deserved for doing so. he should be a star at the top of boxing with mayweather, pac and ward. unfortunately, he isn't aligned with a major promoter and he can't get the money and recognition he's worked for and deserves.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 5 2013, 02:36 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I know Chavez is suspended for a few months, but why no Quillen fight for him?? Chavez is the most protected guy in boxing... I'd live to see Chavez Jr go up against a top 10 middle. it would make my day to see him in a fight with a guy thats not purposely overmatched.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:28 PM