IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather-Alexander? Not Guerrero? (Topics Merged), Update:IBF Will Not Sanction Mayweather-Alexander (Brook is Mandatory)
Dolimite
post Feb 14 2013, 07:15 AM
Post #161

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 13 2013, 10:12 PM) *
I hope Roger is still in his corner come fight night in addition to Floyd Sr., but his health comes before any of that

You know his health is bad if Floyd went back to his dad. Roger has been with for a very long time. He looked a little shaky in the last interview that I saw with him. I hope the brother is okay. He has great boxing knowledge.

As for father and son to be working together again, I hope this helps their overall relationship. That fight that they had was brutal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #162

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dric @ Feb 13 2013, 04:51 PM) *
I totally agree with everything you said. Floyd needs to stop bsing around and announce whether he is fighting or not and cut out the BS. If he's waiting on an opponent out of the guys you mentioned he needs to state that.

Thanks, I tend to rant from time to time. Guys around here just poke fun at me and move on, nothing major. Lol. Oh yeah, welcome to the forums!

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 13 2013, 10:07 PM) *
You are upset that he hasn't announced who is fighting? Waiting is half the fun. It is like meeting a girl and she puts out within the first 5 minutes, yeah that can be great but it kills the chase. I think its cool, either way he is fighting someone in May. I have no idea who is fighting I can only speculate. Enjoy this, it is gamemanship that I can appreciate. Great marketing tool and what is even better people are talking about a fight that has yet to have an opponent. And why is Floyd getting so much heat. Red Head hasn't even announced who he is fighting. Red Head remind you is already in training camp! Floyd might make his announcement during the all star game just like he did last year. So lets rock!

As big of a draw as Floyd is, what's so cute about this waiting game that he makes the world play??? It's frustrating, not because I want to see him fight, but because this year in boxing has started off awfully wrong with cancellations and such.

Now, if these fights were happening on schedule, then I could care less about Floyd and the announced opponent. Since there hasn't been any decent boxing going on, this guy decides to rack all of the attention, and doesn't even say who he's gonna fight. That's the annoying part, either announce the opponent, or stay out of the media. Dont facebook, dont tweet, dont upload pictures, nothing.

So again, what's so cute about this waiting game and Floyd's ongoing thirst for attention? Nothing at all. Guys will go on and on, vindicating everything that this dude does. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 11:58 AM
Post #163

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Not sure how true this rumor is, about Guerrero turning down 2 or 2.5M dollars, but if it is, then this does nothing but further validates people's point about Guerrero being a mindless douche.

If Victor Ortiz (who had a pretty decent fan base) only made $2.5M up front, then why does Robert Guerrero thinks he even deserves THAT much? It does look bad on paper, for Floyd to be racking in $20M+, while his opponent only gets about $2-$2.5M.

It looks bad on paper, but shit, should Floyd be blamed for this? I think not. As long as you work for somebody, you'll never get paid your worth, and in Robert's case, GBP is his employer (so to speak).

You guys already know how I feel about these new age fighters, and they're failure to make the cut. The blame is split down the middle, between the fighters themselves, and their promoters. Their promoters are doing crappy jobs with getting them meaningful fights, and just when they're signed for meaningful fights against average competition, their performance is sub par.

Guerrero has NEVER made $2 (and up), so why is he asking for more money (if this rumor holds any weight)? Good grief, Marquez was only guaranteed $3.2M against Mayweather, and the world knew who he was for the most part.

Fighters are fighters, but they also need to learn a little math. Now, if Guerrero was the first to pop Berto's cherry, rather than Ortiz, then I could understand his argument. Well hell, had he been the first to do it, then he probably would've gotten the same money as Victor.

Some guys just need to recognize where they are on the boxing totem pole. If he actually does want more money, then his best chances are to beat him, and THEN try this. I just don't get it. Can one argue that Ortiz did more than Guerrero before he landed a Mayweather fight? For starters, I can say that he was promoted better.

Shit, it's like mofos didn't even know that Robert was part Mexican, until Floyd fans started dancing about a May 4th date...as if Floyd really needs to fight a damn Mexican in May or September..but they're fans of the sport, right? Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 14 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #164

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Shels I agree with you, I brought this up to some friends of mine who are friends of the sport and they gave mt the "well he's taking punches to the head" speech. I had to counter by trying to explain to them that while I agree with the physical demands of this sport, but not to be cold hearted, but that doesn't have any value fiscally to the fight or more importantly the promotion.

Guerrero doesn't bring any value to a PPV event. He barely sells tickets in Cali, at least Ortiz had a decent following. Nobody knew who Guerrero was for the most part until his wife got ill and he started calling out Floyd. His wins at 147, are nice. He beat Berto in ugly fashion and I think it would've been different if the fight was anywhere else with a different ref also. And though he beat Berto, he didn't look good doing it, let's not act like Berto wasn't hitting him with some shots

The Aydin fight, he was also getting hit with some silly shots. His short run at 147 is shaky to me. But the fact remains is that he doesn't have a fan base, barely sells tickets in his backyard and his style isn't necessarily a crowd pleaser, especially when compared to Ortiz. He should take the $2mil before the ppv numbers and get some money on the back end. His team says there are no money issues but the rumor is he wants $4mil. He aint worth that, especially before the PPV #'s are counted. He should take the 2 and get some back end money, that'll probably give him $4mil in the end. But to demand 4 upfront is ridiculous due to the fact that he brings nothing financially to the table

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 15 2013, 03:04 PM
Post #165

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 14 2013, 09:53 PM) *
Shels I agree with you, I brought this up to some friends of mine who are friends of the sport and they gave mt the "well he's taking punches to the head" speech. I had to counter by trying to explain to them that while I agree with the physical demands of this sport, but not to be cold hearted, but that doesn't have any value fiscally to the fight or more importantly the promotion.

Guerrero doesn't bring any value to a PPV event. He barely sells tickets in Cali, at least Ortiz had a decent following. Nobody knew who Guerrero was for the most part until his wife got ill and he started calling out Floyd. His wins at 147, are nice. He beat Berto in ugly fashion and I think it would've been different if the fight was anywhere else with a different ref also. And though he beat Berto, he didn't look good doing it, let's not act like Berto wasn't hitting him with some shots

The Aydin fight, he was also getting hit with some silly shots. His short run at 147 is shaky to me. But the fact remains is that he doesn't have a fan base, barely sells tickets in his backyard and his style isn't necessarily a crowd pleaser, especially when compared to Ortiz. He should take the $2mil before the ppv numbers and get some money on the back end. His team says there are no money issues but the rumor is he wants $4mil. He aint worth that, especially before the PPV #'s are counted. He should take the 2 and get some back end money, that'll probably give him $4mil in the end. But to demand 4 upfront is ridiculous due to the fact that he brings nothing financially to the table

I think Guerrero's banking on public perception a little. I think he knows Floyd wants no part of Trout or Alverez. He wont beat Trout(yeah i said it to the Mayweather faithful) and Alverez will want more than 4million, plus there is significant risk that he wont beat Alverez. Mayweather brings Alexander into the mix in order to shake Guerrero back to reality. The public booed the Alexander option, so that brings us back to the Ghost... However, there is always Paulie Malignaggi. I hear he's looking for a dance partner at 147. Nobody will accept that one but Mayweather fans.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:26 AM