IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Preview and Discuss the Mathyssee-Dallas Fight/Card Here, This Saturday on Showtime.
Jack 1000
post Jan 23 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

What do you think?

If I read this right, Lucus is a 33-1 favorite! Read Fightnews here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/matthysse-...cing-way-163074

I don't think this is a Showtime caliber card, considering what they have provided in the past. But it is interesting because both fighters have had some controversial losses. I don't know, I see this as a stay busy fight that could have been on standard cable. Thoughts?

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I have no interest in Matthysse/Dallas...NOW, had it been Matthysse/Lundy, then I'd be a bit pumped. I've seen Dallas fight a few times on FNFs, but I truly don't remember his performances all that well. I THINK (I think, I think, I think) either Dallas or one of his opponents came into a fight waaaay over the weight limit, and the fight went on anyway. Mind you, I THINK that was a Dallas fight, but dont quote me.

I dont like the idea of this fight being at a 33-1 odds...shit usually goes ALL wrong with those kind of odds. Matthysse can very well lose, but I dont feel like it will be this weekend. Well...this 33-1 odds wont leave the back of my mind. Lol

Im more pumped for Soto-Karass/Aydin...those dudes are gonna go for broke. I love to see guys like Karass, with several losses and an extremely huge will to win...it always makes for a great fight!

I actually have Karass by TKO...I feel like he's gonna catch Aydin with something that he just doesn't see coming. Dont get me wrong, Aydin can take a punch and he packs one as well, but I think Karass will land something retarded, and change the pace of the fight. I see the tide of this fight changing several times.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 24 2013, 03:24 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2013, 12:10 PM) *
I have no interest in Matthysse/Dallas...NOW, had it been Matthysse/Lundy, then I'd be a bit pumped. I've seen Dallas fight a few times on FNFs, but I truly don't remember his performances all that well. I THINK (I think, I think, I think) either Dallas or one of his opponents came into a fight waaaay over the weight limit, and the fight went on anyway. Mind you, I THINK that was a Dallas fight, but dont quote me.

I dont like the idea of this fight being at a 33-1 odds...shit usually goes ALL wrong with those kind of odds. Matthysse can very well lose, but I dont feel like it will be this weekend. Well...this 33-1 odds wont leave the back of my mind. Lol

Im more pumped for Soto-Karass/Aydin...those dudes are gonna go for broke. I love to see guys like Karass, with several losses and an extremely huge will to win...it always makes for a great fight!

I actually have Karass by TKO...I feel like he's gonna catch Aydin with something that he just doesn't see coming. Dont get me wrong, Aydin can take a punch and he packs one as well, but I think Karass will land something retarded, and change the pace of the fight. I see the tide of this fight changing several times.

for me...virgil hunter is the game changer in that matthysse/dallas match up. it should be interesting for as long as it lasts. add the fact that dallas' father passed recently...and the outrageous odds...this is reminiscent of tyson/douglass in my view.

soto-karass/aydin will be a war. i'm going with aydin by ko. soto-karass has been on a really bad run lately. loss to maidana, ko'd by rosado, losses to mike jones... i almost feel bad for him.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:07 PM