Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> hbo commentary team, kellerman/poppa/ward
daprofessor
post Jan 23 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

what did u guys think? i really enjoyed wards commentary...he needs to settle in a little bit more but he's going to be good.

kellerman is getting worse. not sure who's call it was to not interview the losers in those matches...but wtf!? give them their time on the mic!!!

also...i didn't like how kellerman was doing that merchant-esque shit...asking loaded questions and giving golovkin excuses for a performance that didn't need any excuses.

i'm starting to think he's being fed those questions by someone who doesn't have a clue. maybe i've been overly critical of merchant all this time when the blame should fall on the dipshit speaking to him in his ear piece!? nah.

did anyone else find that cut away to the locker room, where ggg was talking to his mom on the cell phone, kind of odd?

also...as a whole...i thought they all played follow the leader in the first match. i didn't agree with all the rounds...but none of them seemed to be trying to balance the view of it. consequently, they all went off the cliff together. there needs to be a guy on the telecast who can offer a different perspective. that's why i love roy and big george.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Jan 25 2013, 09:09 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Was I the only one that got the feeling that none of the commentators were all that interested in the card last weekend? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I guess, just hearing Bob Papa's voice or name scroll across the screen, just sucks the life out of me. He's not horrible...just boring as hell. I actually like Max Kellerman nowadays...couldn't stand him in the past.

I think he grew on me during the Morales/Maidana fight, or maybe its because it was only him and Lampley that night, and no disgruntled 3rd wheel at the announcer's table. At times, he put too much mustard on some of commentary last weekend, but overall, he's pretty solid. He does better when Roy's there though...him and Papa seemed lost at times.

Ward always does somewhat of a decent job, but from his tone, it sounded like he'd much rather have been some place else (at home resting that shoulder), but maybe thats just me. Lol. He sort of reminded me of Austin Trout's commentary, nothing special, but solid nonetheless.

Why all the disdain for Kellerman? Back up off my homie! Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 28 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 25 2013, 10:09 AM) *
Was I the only one that got the feeling that none of the commentators were all that interested in the card last weekend? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I guess, just hearing Bob Papa's voice or name scroll across the screen, just sucks the life out of me. He's not horrible...just boring as hell. I actually like Max Kellerman nowadays...couldn't stand him in the past.

I think he grew on me during the Morales/Maidana fight, or maybe its because it was only him and Lampley that night, and no disgruntled 3rd wheel at the announcer's table. At times, he put too much mustard on some of commentary last weekend, but overall, he's pretty solid. He does better when Roy's there though...him and Papa seemed lost at times.

Ward always does somewhat of a decent job, but from his tone, it sounded like he'd much rather have been some place else (at home resting that shoulder), but maybe thats just me. Lol. He sort of reminded me of Austin Trout's commentary, nothing special, but solid nonetheless.

Why all the disdain for Kellerman? Back up off my homie! Lol

he killed it with his bullshit leading questions and offering up excuses for a guy who didn't need them. that is what turned me off to merchant...he's gone now and max seems to be doing that same shit in his absence. i don't know if it's max or the idiot on the other side of the earpiece. either way...the words are coming out of max's mouth so he gets the disdain! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) also...his arrogance and dismissive ways towards rosado were not cool. i get that he picked golovkin to win by impressive ko...we all did...but damn! show the man some respect! he went in there and held his own and did much better than anyone anticipated. he'll be a force at 154 very soon.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:46 PM