IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Danny Garcia Withdraws From Judah Fight (Alleged Broken Rib?), Fightnews Claims Fight Postponed Till April 27, 2013
checkleft
post Jan 28 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 28 2013, 04:01 PM) *
injuries in boxing are very real and very common. if he did in fact hurt his thumb and ribs....stepping into any fight would be a tall order. u don't just recover over night from either injury. the fact that the bout has been rescheduled to april gives me reason to believe there's truth to it. while i don't believe zab is going to win this fight, i also don't believe garcia or his pops takes any opponent lightly. u don't get to this level half assing...especially against a guy like zab judah.

Still as suspect as it is, real or not, this puts Judah at a disadvantage. Last year there were a few key fights in which fighters were forces to overtrain due to cancellations and/or injuries (Khan, ortiz)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 28 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #22

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 28 2013, 02:01 PM) *
injuries in boxing are very real and very common. if he did in fact hurt his thumb and ribs....stepping into any fight would be a tall order. u don't just recover over night from either injury. the fact that the bout has been rescheduled to april gives me reason to believe there's truth to it. while i don't believe zab is going to win this fight, i also don't believe garcia or his pops takes any opponent lightly. u don't get to this level half assing...especially against a guy like zab judah.

Since we have information on the fight being rescheduled, I tend to believe Danny's injury at this time. Why fight with health issues or injury? Fighters at 100% have a greater opportunity to give it there all. No excuses, legit or otherwise. If the fight was just cancelled with no planned rescheduled date, I would be more suspicious of Danny's injury. However, for now, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 28 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 28 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Since we have information on the fight being rescheduled, I tend to believe Danny's injury at this time. Why fight with health issues or injury? Fighters at 100% have a greater opportunity to give it there all. No excuses, legit or otherwise. If the fight was just cancelled with no planned rescheduled date, I would be more suspicious of Danny's injury. However, for now, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jack

What about the rumors of dannys dad saying hes not ready because of Danny partying it up? I mean I'm not saying he isn't hurt but the sequence in which this injury came to fruition makes it seem like the Garcia camp was scrambling to name an injury to delay the fight.

I mean theirs reports of chambers saying Danny looked fine in camp, then theirs corley coming out and saying it was a bad thumb injury, now its a severe rib injury. It just sounds like damage control to me

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jan 28 2013, 04:41 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 28 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 28 2013, 05:06 PM) *
Still as suspect as it is, real or not, this puts Judah at a disadvantage. Last year there were a few key fights in which fighters were forces to overtrain due to cancellations and/or injuries (Khan, ortiz)

postponing fights come with the territory and plenty of fighters have benefited from this type of trick(if it is that) for decades. zab will have to back off of training...and bring that intensity back. not easy to do....especially at his advanced age.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Jan 28 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #25

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

Fuck! I know it takes major balls to step in a ring and fight someone risking your health but as a boxing fan, I hate it when a fight is postponed on an injury.

Like someone else said, I believe this would put Zab in a disadvantage. Though I do not believe he will win regardless if the fight would happen Feb 9th, but I do believe Zab will put up a good fight.

Moving a fight date presents problems on the opponent. They have to re-immerse themselves in training and whatever fire was burning within them for a fight would have to be on hold and reignited again.

We've seen this happen with Mayweather vs Marquez (same rib injury), Ward vs Froch, Mosley vs Berto, Khan vs Peterson 2, Ortiz vs Berto 2. Now I don't think the outcomes would've been different from some of these fights. But their opponents would've offered a better fight had their fights not been postponed.

They should have Athletic commisions review all injury reports, presented with doctor's assesments and findings rather than just immediately postponing a fight with just a damn picture.

They better have one more heated press conference to heat up Zab again prior to their now April showdown. Otherwise we might see another Khan vs Judah again...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 28 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 28 2013, 07:34 PM) *
Fuck! I know it takes major balls to step in a ring and fight someone risking your health but as a boxing fan, I hate it when a fight is postponed on an injury.

Like someone else said, I believe this would put Zab in a disadvantage. Though I do not believe he will win regardless if the fight would happen Feb 9th, but I do believe Zab will put up a good fight.

Moving a fight date presents problems on the opponent. They have to re-immerse themselves in training and whatever fire was burning within them for a fight would have to be on hold and reignited again.

We've seen this happen with Mayweather vs Marquez (same rib injury), Ward vs Froch, Mosley vs Berto, Khan vs Peterson 2, Ortiz vs Berto 2. Now I don't think the outcomes would've been different from some of these fights. But their opponents would've offered a better fight had their fights not been postponed.

They should have Athletic commisions review all injury reports, presented with doctor's assesments and findings rather than just immediately postponing a fight with just a damn picture.

They better have one more heated press conference to heat up Zab again prior to their now April showdown. Otherwise we might see another Khan vs Judah again...

Very reasonable. I agree with this, not only should they review all injuries but they should have a neutral doctor confirm them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 28 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 28 2013, 07:34 PM) *

the thumb injury is definitely something that can be reviewed...but the rib injury, just like shoulder or back injuries...are sometimes hard to detect. xrays don't always show damage and swelling isn't always obvious. the commission won't review it. the rival promoter/manager will to make sure there is no breach of contract. these things are always possibilities and should be covered in a contract.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 28 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Danny put up a photo of his rib, even though it wasn't an x-ray...Zab going off on twitter saying he's faking. Though I hate the postponement regardless if it's legit or not, it does add more intrigue to the fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 29 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Jan 28 2013, 06:34 PM) *

We share the same sentiments. As if January wasn't a dry enough month for boxing, now February has a few skips and bumps in it. Lol

Its cool though, at least the fight isn't cancelled all together, now THAT would be some BS. If anything, this card just got more interesting. Oh yeah, let's expect them to throw Paulie on the card, since its the same date of the now-dead Mosley fight.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 29 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 29 2013, 02:55 PM) *
We share the same sentiments. As if January wasn't a dry enough month for boxing, now February has a few skips and bumps in it. Lol

Its cool though, at least the fight isn't cancelled all together, now THAT would be some BS. If anything, this card just got more interesting. Oh yeah, let's expect them to throw Paulie on the card, since its the same date of the now-dead Mosley fight.

Garcia wasn't training hard. he was living that life and now he realized that he had a real chance to lose. This guy lost my respect. He has to put a virtuoso performance to gain my fanship back.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 02:33 AM