> Tragic! Boxer dies after TKO loss, Safety
BigFightFan
post Jan 30 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=w...e095252VZxCdQ5x

We as boxing fans always talk about ways to improve the sport of boxing, but neglect the issue of fighter safety. I want to know what you guys think can be implemented to reduce the risk of long term effects from being hit in the head repeatedly. Also what effect would those issue have on the fan base and popularity of the sport. I was thinking maybe go to a mandatory 14 ounce glove size for all fights and maybe even making headgear mandatory, which I know will not be popular with hardcore or casual fans.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Jan 31 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

No matter how much you try to implement, these dudes are still hitting each other. As someone mentioned, it's the fighter's responsibility for their own safety, and boxing licenses pretty much lets a guy know that.

Now, I will add a little bit more spice to the topic while we're talking about post-fight and long-term injuries. Which sport is more taxing on the body, boxing or mixed martial arts? This seems like an easy answer, but it's not, I just want to hear everybody's take on it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 31 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 31 2013, 07:16 PM) *
No matter how much you try to implement, these dudes are still hitting each other. As someone mentioned, it's the fighter's responsibility for their own safety, and boxing licenses pretty much lets a guy know that.

Now, I will add a little bit more spice to the topic while we're talking about post-fight and long-term injuries. Which sport is more taxing on the body, boxing or mixed martial arts? This seems like an easy answer, but it's not, I just want to hear everybody's take on it.

In my opinion boxing, that is all.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:44 PM