> Tragic! Boxer dies after TKO loss, Safety
BigFightFan
post Jan 30 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=w...e095252VZxCdQ5x

We as boxing fans always talk about ways to improve the sport of boxing, but neglect the issue of fighter safety. I want to know what you guys think can be implemented to reduce the risk of long term effects from being hit in the head repeatedly. Also what effect would those issue have on the fan base and popularity of the sport. I was thinking maybe go to a mandatory 14 ounce glove size for all fights and maybe even making headgear mandatory, which I know will not be popular with hardcore or casual fans.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cheesey1
post Jan 31 2013, 01:02 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

I'm willing to guess that during 'Marquez/Pacquaio - The Decapitation' a doctor, or someone else from the commission had looked at Marquez' broken nose, or was at least aware of it and made the decision to let him continue to fight. I'm somewhat sure the kid in the article didn't have that same level of medical attention.

Even with ultra vigilant referees and proper, proactive regulations, it will still be a risky sport with lots of blood, guts and KOs, which is fine. At least there will be a greater chance of death being avoided. This is boxing, not gladiators fighting to the death.

If the fans think it's too soft, then they should get in the ring themselves.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:01 AM