IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kimbo Slice vs. Shane Tilyard (fight video)
Gambit808
post Feb 2 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...KC5Rr4qP30cMbKz

Good Fight!

Kimbo won't survive the HW division, and yes, I actually complimented the HW division lol

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Feb 2 2013, 10:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Feb 4 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I actually think he doesn't get enough credit. The guy went from playing football, to security, to fighting dudes in backyards to MMA and Boxing. I think he deserves more credit because, while he's not great, he's actually beaten people who do this for a living on multiple occassions.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 4 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 4 2013, 02:50 PM) *
I actually think he doesn't get enough credit. The guy went from playing football, to security, to fighting dudes in backyards to MMA and Boxing. I think he deserves more credit because, while he's not great, he's actually beaten people who do this for a living on multiple occassions.

he hasn't won through skill, but sheer punching power and thats because hes a heavweight. that's it, no skill involved at all. and thats not what MMA or the sweet science is about. and am sure the minute he comes up against a boxer with a bit of skill and decent power kimbo will be tasting that canvas.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 6 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 4 2013, 02:22 PM) *
he hasn't won through skill, but sheer punching power and thats because hes a heavweight. that's it, no skill involved at all. and thats not what MMA or the sweet science is about. and am sure the minute he comes up against a boxer with a bit of skill and decent power kimbo will be tasting that canvas.

I agree. But the fact that he won vs people WITH skill is what he should get credit for. That would be like me being a streetball player who only does tricks and dunks, then playing in the NBA and actually dropping buckets. I don't see him lasting long. Surely he will get exposed. I mean shit, he already did really. The fact that he's made it thus far is slightly impressive though considering the fact that he has no real skill whatsoever. I just don't get why people hate the guy so much. It isn't like he'd be the first football player turned fighter perpetrating a real boxer.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 12:18 PM