> Marquez Firm, Does not want a 5th fight with pac
checkleft
post Feb 5 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-firm-im...pacquiao--62085

Very surprising to me even though I was not interested in a 5th fight. He makes some good points
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 5 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

whys he being a pussy man

id like to retract that since that's just wrong lol. but i am disappointed I wanted a 5th fight, and no matter how many people are going to say enough is enough, you know you'll tune in.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 5 2013, 03:04 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 5 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 5 2013, 02:01 PM) *
whys he being a pussy man

id like to retract that since that's just wrong lol. but i am disappointed I wanted a 5th fight, and no matter how many people are going to say enough is enough, you know you'll tune in.

I agree with you, I'll definitely tune in but I just think a 5th fight isn't necessary. JMM defined all of those previous bouts with one punch, no need to redefine them all over again.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Feb 6 2013, 02:40 AM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 5 2013, 05:40 PM) *
I agree with you, I'll definitely tune in but I just think a 5th fight isn't necessary. JMM defined all of those previous bouts with one punch, no need to redefine them all over again.

I agree 100%.

P34c3

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 6 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

pac did his best in the first bout....and even with the 3 knockdowns...a lot of ppl thought he lost that one. i thought pac won it by a point. as for the 2nd and 3rd bouts...i don't believe pac won either of those and it was clear he couldn't improve on his previous performance in either bout. the 4th bout erased all doubt as to who is the better fighter. pac's performance has consistently declined with each passing bout. a fifth bout won't be any different. move on marquez. move on pac fans.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 6 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 6 2013, 11:09 AM) *
pac did his best in the first bout....and even with the 3 knockdowns...a lot of ppl thought he lost that one. i thought pac won it by a point. as for the 2nd and 3rd bouts...i don't believe pac won either of those and it was clear he couldn't improve on his previous performance in either bout. the 4th bout erased all doubt as to who is the better fighter. pac's performance has consistently declined with each passing bout. a fifth bout won't be any different. move on marquez. move on pac fans.

+1

This fight is like the best out of 70. Let it go. Marquez should throw the deuce sign on pacquiao. he should either retire on top or fight someone else (Marcos Madiana, Matthysee, Garicia (Swift), or Paulie M) and call it a day.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 6 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 6 2013, 06:17 PM) *
+1

This fight is like the best out of 70. Let it go. Marquez should throw the deuce sign on pacquiao. he should either retire on top or fight someone else (Marcos Madiana, Matthysee, Garicia (Swift), or Paulie M) and call it a day.

marquez has slowed down himself and would be wise to go out on top. he's not as big and strong as the guys you mentioned...and the only one i can see him beating is malignaggi. he's got nothing left to prove..unless he wants to go out with winning titles at 140 or 147 to separate himself from the rest of the great mexican fighters.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 6 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

I thought Pac lost all 3 of the first fights, the only thing that kept him in the mix of those bouts were the knockdowns so with JMM getting the KO it just solidified all of the work he had done previously and defined it more sharper for those who were skeptics.

Why Pac isn't or hasn't bothered to ask for a rematch with Bradley but is begging to get KTFO by JMM is beyond my thinking!!!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 7 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 7 2013, 12:48 AM) *
I thought Pac lost all 3 of the first fights, the only thing that kept him in the mix of those bouts were the knockdowns so with JMM getting the KO it just solidified all of the work he had done previously and defined it more sharper for those who were skeptics.

Why Pac isn't or hasn't bothered to ask for a rematch with Bradley but is begging to get KTFO by JMM is beyond my thinking!!!

Probably won't make the same amount of money lol. While I think Pac won a close fight, I wouldn't have a problem with him fighting Bradley.

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Feb 7 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

I disagree with Pac having lost all 3 fights before getting ktfo in the 4th. I have Pac winning the 1st one with all the knockdowns being counted properly even though Marquez dominated. I have the 2nd fight being a draw. If it hadn't been because of the knockdown it'd be a one point win for Marquez.

Have to score those knockdowns because they were legitimate knockdowns, and they do cost a point each.

The third one was a complete domination by Marquez. 8 rounds to 4. That decision was utter garbage.

Of course nothing more dominant and sweeter than a brutal KO in the 4th.

So its 2-2 for me. But a knockout says a lot rather than just winning on close points. A 5th fight is useless at this point. Marquez proved everything with that counter right that knocked Pacquiao out. (Seriously still in shock he got ktfo when I think about it).

If Pacquiao was the one that scored the KO. He wouldn't give Marquez a rematch again. Face it, this was a cherry picking gone wrong by Pacquiao and Top Rank.

The good thing is that Pacquiao will be able to save face and say Marquez didn't want a rematch so he can just fight Rios or Bradley instead and save face from being KTFO again..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:52 PM