Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> nothing in sight..., i was excited about the new year
daprofessor
post Feb 7 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

but there are no good fights on the horizon! wtf!?!?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

i have to wait til april!?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
VJones
post Feb 8 2013, 04:08 AM
Post #2

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Had a similar lament earlier today. What a muddy start to the boxing year, indeed! I've yet to get really excited about any matchup and some of the recent fights have been either uninspiring, a complete mismatch or fluke-ish. And the few upcoming fights I was looking forward to: Garcia/Judah, Alexander/Brooks, Banks/Mitchell have been postponed or whatever (who knows) with some truly suspect injuries. I mean its almost surreal the frequency of these postponements of late. Smh.

Please let nothing happen to Broner or Reese in the next 2 weeks. May they both be sequestered in log cabins in the deep woods until the weigh-in! AND please let Reese present a challenge to Broner for at least six rounds or at the very least bring out a virtuoso performance from him that inspires my belief that he might just be the second coming of Floyd Mayweather after all. Thank you lord. Amen.

As for Floyd's bait and switch antics; my mischievous/rebellious side is rather enjoying it. It annoys me that Floyd can't sneeze without these penny-click wannabes writing an article about it...or that for months, they've reported with aplomb that Guerrero was his next opponent, as if contracts had been signed and Floyd had made an announcement. I like how they're all scrambling now to not look like bigger idiots...Dan Raphael has given me much laughter in the past couple days on his twitter: "I call BS on @floydmayweather...I do not believe he's fighting Alexander...it will be @Ghostbing." As he secretly sweats and prays FMJ doesn't make him eat those words by actually fighting Alexander...or someone else (still got fingers crossed for that May/JMM Dos). =)

Anyway....I'd like to segue into a mini-rant of my own: Nonito Donaire is now officially on my hated boxers list right along side Robert Guerrero, Karl Frotch, and honorary member Joshua Clottey. Someone please tell Donaire to shut up and fight someone of relevance. This guy has the biggest ego for someone who hasn't even done anything yet. We can thank the HBO cheerleaders and boxing "media" for helping to elevate his already high opinion of himself. I am ever convinced that Donaire nor Arum (for slightly differing reason) wanted any parts of Mares. And Donaire definitely wants no parts of Rigo.

If he doesn't fight Rigo in April...he stays on my hate list for life! Because that's a fight I want to see (one I think Donaire on size/reach alone should win) and I'm convinced he will weasel out of. But we'll see.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 8 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 8 2013, 05:08 AM) *
Had a similar lament earlier today. What a muddy start to the boxing year, indeed! I've yet to get really excited about any matchup and some of the recent fights have been either uninspiring, a complete mismatch or fluke-ish. And the few upcoming fights I was looking forward to: Garcia/Judah, Alexander/Brooks, Banks/Mitchell have been postponed or whatever (who knows) with some truly suspect injuries. I mean its almost surreal the frequency of these postponements of late. Smh.

Please let nothing happen to Broner or Reese in the next 2 weeks. May they both be sequestered in log cabins in the deep woods until the weigh-in! AND please let Reese present a challenge to Broner for at least six rounds or at the very least bring out a virtuoso performance from him that inspires my belief that he might just be the second coming of Floyd Mayweather after all. Thank you lord. Amen.

As for Floyd's bait and switch antics; my mischievous/rebellious side is rather enjoying it. It annoys me that Floyd can't sneeze without these penny-click wannabes writing an article about it...or that for months, they've reported with aplomb that Guerrero was his next opponent, as if contracts had been signed and Floyd had made an announcement. I like how they're all scrambling now to not look like bigger idiots...Dan Raphael has given me much laughter in the past couple days on his twitter: "I call BS on @floydmayweather...I do not believe he's fighting Alexander...it will be @Ghostbing." As he secretly sweats and prays FMJ doesn't make him eat those words by actually fighting Alexander...or someone else (still got fingers crossed for that May/JMM Dos). =)

Anyway....I'd like to segue into a mini-rant of my own: Nonito Donaire is now officially on my hated boxers list right along side Robert Guerrero, Karl Frotch, and honorary member Joshua Clottey. Someone please tell Donaire to shut up and fight someone of relevance. This guy has the biggest ego for someone who hasn't even done anything yet. We can thank the HBO cheerleaders and boxing "media" for helping to elevate his already high opinion of himself. I am ever convinced that Donaire nor Arum (for slightly differing reason) wanted any parts of Mares. And Donaire definitely wants no parts of Rigo.

If he doesn't fight Rigo in April...he stays on my hate list for life! Because that's a fight I want to see (one I think Donaire on size/reach alone should win) and I'm convinced he will weasel out of. But we'll see.

i agree with most of what you said...except i don't get the guerrero hate.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- daprofessor   nothing in sight...   Feb 7 2013, 10:18 PM
- - Cshel86   I agree here Professor. The year typically starts ...   Feb 8 2013, 12:28 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 8 2013, 01:28 AM) I ...   Feb 8 2013, 03:25 PM
|- - DubC   QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2013, 11:28 PM) I ...   Feb 9 2013, 12:27 AM
|- - Cshel86   QUOTE (DubC @ Feb 9 2013, 12:27 AM) Anyon...   Feb 9 2013, 01:46 AM
- - VJones   Had a similar lament earlier today. What a muddy s...   Feb 8 2013, 04:08 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 8 2013, 05:08 AM) Had...   Feb 8 2013, 03:26 PM
- - Franchize   I agree. This year has been absolutely horrendous....   Feb 8 2013, 09:04 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 8 2013, 10:04 AM) ...   Feb 8 2013, 03:24 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 8 2013, 04:08 AM) Had...   Feb 8 2013, 02:40 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 8 2013, 03:40 PM) ...   Feb 8 2013, 03:27 PM
|- - Plah   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 8 2013, 03:27 PM...   Feb 8 2013, 03:31 PM
|- - DubC   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 8 2013, 02:27 PM...   Feb 9 2013, 12:39 AM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (DubC @ Feb 9 2013, 12:39 AM) Agree...   Feb 10 2013, 03:01 AM
- - daprofessor   the good news... linares is fighting on the under...   Feb 8 2013, 05:18 PM
- - checkleft   QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 8 2013, 05:18 PM...   Feb 8 2013, 06:46 PM
|- - daprofessor   QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 8 2013, 07:46 PM) ...   Feb 8 2013, 06:52 PM
- - mgrover   kinda of a let down? good things come to those who...   Feb 8 2013, 07:18 PM
- - BrutUalBK   I'm an optimist so I will wait until the last ...   Feb 8 2013, 07:29 PM
- - Cshel86   For some silly odd reason...maybe because no one t...   Feb 9 2013, 02:02 AM
- - VJones   QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 8 2013, 03:40 PM) ...   Feb 10 2013, 05:01 AM
- - mrchitown   QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 10 2013, 04:01 AM) So...   Feb 11 2013, 09:36 PM
- - daprofessor   QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 10 2013, 05:01 AM) So...   Feb 12 2013, 02:39 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 12:55 AM