Floyd Vs. Trout?
Floyd Vs. Trout?
Feb 9 2013, 05:42 PM
Joined: 17-May 11
Member No.: 12,254
As we all know by now, Floyd Vs. Guerrero fell through because Robert has his head way too far up his own ass to accept the 2.5 Million that Floyd is offering him and he wants 4 million.
First off, these are my 3 reasons why Robert doesn't deserve a 4 million dollar payday:
1) Thats Half of Cotto's guaranteed purse when Cotto fought Mayweather. Guerrero hasn't accomplished half of what Cotto has accomplished in the sport, he doesn't have half the fans that Cotto has, and he hasn't made Half the impact on boxing that Cotto has made in the past 10 years. Cotto is a legend and between himself and Marquez he's arguably the 3rd biggest draw in boxing.
2) Victor Ortiz was more than happy to accept that 2.5 million and the Caliber of fighters that Ortiz fought from 140-147 preceding his Mayweather bout was more impressive and extensive than that of Guerrero's. I also think Victor Ortiz's fanbase is greater than Guerrero's although they are pretty similar.
3) Guerrero doesn't even have a belt to bring to the table. He is not a world champion at 147. He brings NOTHING to the table for Floyd. There is no reward fighting this guy. Just another payday but he will do nothing for Floyd's legacy. At LEAST with the possibility of Mayweather-Alexander floyd would have an extra belt to add to his collection. But Guerrero is an interim titlist that JUST began making noise with his move to 147.
There aren't many viable oppenents for Floyd at this point and he's in a position in which he just might have to take the most challenging fight out there...
Top 5 WW(besides Floyd himself):
1. Marquez: (Marquez does not want to fight Floyd)
2. Pacquaio: (Floyd won't fight Pacquaio. He only fights those coming off of big wins. Pacquiao just had a devstatsting loss.)
3. Bradley: (Fighting in March. Won't be available for a May bout. Top Rank will mess up negotiations.)
4. Alexander: (Fighting Kell Brook in May)
5. Guerrero: Wants 4 million dollars that he is NOT worth. Unless he accepts that 2.5 Floyd won't budge.
Top 5 JMW(Besides Floyd himself):
1. Austin Trout: AVAILABLE NO opponent. Ready to go. Just beat Cotto. Trout called Floyd out 1-2 weeks ago on BET. Undefeated GBP/Haymon fighter in his PRIME.
2. Canelo Alvarez: His appointment with Floyd is in September. Makes no sense to fight him now when Floyd could keep optimizing revenue with Canelo on the undercard.
3/4. Erislandy Lara/Vanes Martirosyan: They're due for a rematch with each other, and they don't have strong fanbases.
5. Miguel Cotto: (Floyd won't fight Cotto again. He only fights those coming off of big wins. Cotto just had 2 losses in a row.)
Sergio Martinez is due to fight Martin Murray in April. Won't have enough time to train for a Mayweather fight.
Mayweather-Matthysee? Highly unlikely. And all other top 5 140 pounders are scheduled for a fight already. If Bundrage beats Smith then MAYBE floyd would fight him but its hard to see that happening. And if Smith beats Bundrage Floyd won't fight his own fighter. With the way things are, Floyd really only has 2 options-Trout or Guerrero. Until Guerrero accepts that 2.5 Floyd really only has Trout. Not a tuneup any fighter would want, but thats just whats available. Forget Floyd's history pertaining to guys bigger than him.. just look at the circumstances of this situation.
And as for Canelo-Trout, with Kirkland, Ortiz, Rosado(I'd love to see Canelo-Rosado. PR vs. Mexico), and Angulo back in the mix, I doubt GBP will risk the Mayweather-Canelo fight by putting Saul in the ring with a high risk opponent like Trout. Canelo has something that Mayweather doesn't have... OPTIONS.
This post has been edited by Marcus: Feb 9 2013, 05:55 PM
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 11th March 2014 - 12:13 AM|