IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd is in a Great situation right now.
xxxxxx
post Feb 11 2013, 01:06 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

Look at the situation Floyd has put himself in when it comes to his position in the sport of boxing. He is peaking right now when it comes to his position in all aspects that relate to his active boxing career. He not only has 2 sanctioning bodies in different Divisons waiting on his decison...Hes got HBO and Showime willing to go above and beyond to get His Fight on May 4. Now hes got fighters fighting and begging for their 1 shot at Fame. Mayweather got everyone wanting him at this point. It don't even matter who he fight, he could go fight 1 of the Paulies, make a story of it, and make 50 million. Just to get to this position is an amazing accomplishment, but the longer he stays around he runs the bigger risk of making a permenant mistake, but even if he loses he still gonna make that paper in a boxing ring.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 11 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Floyd is a genius. A month ago Guerrero was looked at as a cherrypick fight. Now the world is yearning for this matchup. Even going as far to say Floyd is ducking Guerrero now. Freaking brilliant.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 11 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 11 2013, 09:05 AM) *
Floyd is a genius. A month ago Guerrero was looked at as a cherrypick fight. Now the world is yearning for this matchup. Even going as far to say Floyd is ducking Guerrero now. Freaking brilliant.

Lol! The world is not yearning for this fight. This fight will barely crack a million buys, definitely want come close to Floyd/Cotto

This post has been edited by BigFightFan: Feb 11 2013, 05:31 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 11 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 11 2013, 10:30 PM) *
Lol! The world is not yearning for this fight. This fight will barely crack a million buys, definitely want come close to Floyd/Cotto

any PPV cracking 1 million is generally a success.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 11 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 11 2013, 06:30 PM) *

Will do well over a milli. Specially w/red on the undercard. But your 1000% right no one is yearning for Alexander or guerrero, both fights will be ugly.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Feb 11 2013, 07:18 PM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 12 2013, 07:06 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Hey, anytime you can perform your job and make millions, i'd say you are in a good place. Now with that said, if Mayweather is the real deal, he takes on Trout or Canelo. At the very least, he takes Guerrero. If it isnt one of those three, then he's not worthy of being called the best of this era.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 12 2013, 07:30 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 11 2013, 03:30 PM) *

You obviously dont read threads on other boxing websites. A month ago this fight was unmarketable. Now people actually think Floyd is ducking Guerrero. And I meant yearning when I said yearning so stop fronting like you arent gonna go buy this fight.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 12 2013, 08:01 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 12 2013, 07:30 AM) *
You obviously dont read threads on other boxing websites. A month ago this fight was unmarketable. Now people actually think Floyd is ducking Guerrero. And I meant yearning when I said yearning so stop fronting like you arent gonna go buy this fight.

Maybe hard core fans are interested in this fight, but don't act like the general public is drooling for this fight. As someone else mentioned Alvarez is gonna help sell this fight, it needs a strong undercard. And I never said I wasn't going to tune in, eventhough I doubt I will buy this one.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 12 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #9

Lightweight

I really don't see this as a great situation to be in for Floyd. Beating Guerro will not do anything to add to his legacy, its only a payday.

+Quote Post
truth
post Feb 12 2013, 10:33 AM
Post #10

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

Floyd is in a good position i think we see him beat the Ghost and the see him fight canelo although trout will win in the fight against canelo because it will be stipulated for canelo to fight on the undercard after that fight may against trout so he has three fights on the horizon

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:13 PM