IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd is in a Great situation right now.
Franchize
post Feb 12 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I think a fight that would have been a big money maker would have been a rematch with Cotto in NYC.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 12 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 12 2013, 06:01 AM) *
Maybe hard core fans are interested in this fight, but don't act like the general public is drooling for this fight. As someone else mentioned Alvarez is gonna help sell this fight, it needs a strong undercard. And I never said I wasn't going to tune in, eventhough I doubt I will buy this one.

The general public cant get excited because the fight hasnt been announced yet. The funny thing is how Guerrero transformed, in a month, from an unworthy bum to the next guy Floyd ducked lol. Mayweather Hater Nation is a powerful force. You mention the general public, Canelo, and having a strong undercard like the general public know who Canelo is. People only know Canelo from Mayweather undercards in the past. Lets be real Canelos only fighting on May 4th because hes fighting on Floyds undercard. HBO couldve just as easily given that day to TR and Canelo would be back fighting on Showtime.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Feb 12 2013, 09:14 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 12 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 12 2013, 02:12 PM) *
I think a fight that would have been a big money maker would have been a rematch with Cotto in NYC.

that was the logical choice until cotto went and lost to trout. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:07 AM