Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HBO: Broner-Reese Saturday Night Preview
Jack 1000
post Feb 11 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Discuss the Broner-Reese fight here. (Preview and Comment.)

According to Box Rec, Gavin Reese is not a nobody nor total shit. He is the British Lightweight Champion with about 40 fights and 18 KO's He also is a former WBA Super Lightweight Champion. Very strong, very tough, and supposedly game as hell. Here is Gavin's record (from Boxrec:)

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...0&cat=boxer

Going around the Net, the consensus is that he is NOT coming to lay down. His only loss was to a very good fighter in the 12th round according to British reports, Andriy Kotelnyk back in 2008. I don't think this guy is coming to pull an Audley Harrison like against Haye or Price! (UGGHHH!) Throughout boxing history, there have been so many UK contenders who fold like accordions when they come over to America to fight top competition. But those who don't fold, have done very well. Where to rank Gavin Reese going into this fight with Adrian Boner, for the WBC Lightweight World Title?

I think Reese could be tougher than expected. However, toughness only. Hopefully, he will show heart and determination Broner has a huge reach advantage, and the Brits say Gavin is slow though determined. He is also been quoted by Broner as "dangerous."

This is a beat-down, stopped on cuts with Broner winning by TKO 8. Reese takes two rounds on courage, tops.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Feb 15 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

If Rees happens to pull an upset here, then we can agree that it'll be bittersweet. The victory will be great for him and fans, cool...on the other hand, we'll be forced to watch no-hoper bouts with a strong curiosity of seeing the underdog pulling off the upset. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2013, 08:20 PM) *
If Rees happens to pull an upset here, then we can agree that it'll be bittersweet. The victory will be great for him and fans, cool...on the other hand, we'll be forced to watch no-hoper bouts with a strong curiosity of seeing the underdog pulling off the upset. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

no hoper = showcase (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i don't have a problem with these once in a while...especially if a guy is coming off a tough fight. has broner had a tough fight yet? i didn't see the whole fight with ponce....i stopped watching about the 6th or 7th round...and a lot of ppl said broner looked like shit...but from the rounds i saw, he was pretty much having his way.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:37 AM