IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scared of the Taxman?, Is Pacquaio telling the market that made him to suck an egg?
Cheesey1
post Feb 13 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Nice to see that Top Rank and Pacquaio are prepared to say a big F.U to the market that made Pacquaio.

No matter how popular he is in his homeland, without the American market, Pacquaio would not be anywhere near the level he is now.

Of course Pacquaio can do whatever he wants, but people should call it for what it is once and for all and stop painting him as some sort of good guy (of course they won't, but I like to dream).

I don't care where he fights, or if he fights again. I just thought this was too funny to ignore.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 13 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 13 2013, 06:07 PM) *
Nice to see that Top Rank and Pacquaio are prepared to say a big F.U to the market that made Pacquaio.

No matter how popular he is in his homeland, without the American market, Pacquaio would not be anywhere near the level he is now.

Of course Pacquaio can do whatever he wants, but people should call it for what it is once and for all and stop painting him as some sort of good guy (of course they won't, but I like to dream).

I don't care where he fights, or if he fights again. I just thought this was too funny to ignore.

he wasn't training here when freddie wanted him to because he didn't want to have to pay taxes. this isn't news. that's the name of the game for ppl making outrageous amounts of money....avoid paying taxes.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 13 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 13 2013, 06:07 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I should've known this was your work, just by reading the title. Lol

Good stuff. Im not surprised here, at all. If I could go to another country for a distinct purpose, just to avoid taxes, then I would too. Let's not act like Bob wasn't reporting Manny's purses as $6M (somewhere in that neighborhood) to the NSAC, while he ended up racking up his purse on the back end.

I know Manny may not be the smartest business man, but Im sure made more than what Bob reported to the NSAC. Lol

I haven't read anything concrete on whether or not Manny will be fighting in another country for sure, but Bob has done this before. Remember the imaginary stadium? Bob is a genius. Damn that just hurt to say, but its true.

PS: I laughed my ass off at the title of this thread because I remember your "Bobfather" threads, and I cant remember if it was you or Maxpayne that opened the thread about Manny harboring that fugitive. Either way, those shits were classic! I HAVE to search the archive for them. Lol

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 13 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

CShel, yeah man. Those were the good old days, 'the Bobfather' and 'the Saint.' That fugitive stuff was hilarious. I can't remember if it was MaxPayne or me. Classic stuff either way! Leave it to Manny...

Re. the Bobfather, I don't think he's that smart. It's just that no one really calls him on his 'creative thinking.' The things he does are so transparent that it would almost be insulting if I didn't find it tragically funny.
Re. if he's confirmed that his next bout will be all about doging American taxes, you're right he hasn't confirmed it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were being so public about it as some sort of lame show of support for his boy Mitt Romney and the rest of the gang (Manny was pro Romney, hence Romney's appearance at Pacquaio's beheading).

DaProf, I hear you about tax dodging being how a lot of rich people roll, but even Mayweather (not exactly the guy the IRS has had the best relationship with over the years) hasn't suggested anything this brazen. Yes, Mayweather's mentioned possibly fighting in the UK at some point, but there would be no tax advantage in a country like that (unless I'm grossly mistaken).

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 13 2013, 11:54 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I thought it was mildly entertaining how after he suffers an humiliating defeat that now he doesn't want to fight in the good ol USA, maybe he and Arum think/know that the free ride on the coat tails of gullible fans who viewed him as savior. I can't help but think that all those photoshops and memes of him on the canvas planking may have made him say f*ck America lol

With that said, the fact of the matter is a lot of athletes try to find ways to pay the least amount of taxes possible. NFL players and NBA players have to file taxes in each state they play in, that's some BS to me but that's the name of the game. Uncle same gon get that bread at all costs

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 14 2013, 05:47 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

tbh if it really is 40% tax that's a fucking lot, I'd do the exact same if I was faced with that

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 14 2013, 08:07 AM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 13 2013, 11:54 PM) *
I thought it was mildly entertaining how after he suffers an humiliating defeat that now he doesn't want to fight in the good ol USA, maybe he and Arum think/know that the free ride on the coat tails of gullible fans who viewed him as savior. I can't help but think that all those photoshops and memes of him on the canvas planking may have made him say f*ck America lol

With that said, the fact of the matter is a lot of athletes try to find ways to pay the least amount of taxes possible. NFL players and NBA players have to file taxes in each state they play in, that's some BS to me but that's the name of the game. Uncle same gon get that bread at all costs

True story, Chi. Everyone, those w/ or w/o dough, look to save as much $$ in taxes as possible. You're right, major sports leagues in the U.S. are taxed in each state, as their companies are conglomerates. I'm glad you know that, as so many fans aren't aware and I hate hearing the "you get paid x amount of money..."

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

As long as my measly check looks the same every two weeks, then I'm fine. I don't even look at the taxes that are being taken out anymore...it makes the strongest man take a knee and gasp for air.

With that said, 40% is a lot to eke out...especially when you're making the money that Manny's making. Hell, I'm almost afraid to get a raise, in fear of taxes making it seem as if I never received one. One would say that I'm the typical American knucklehead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 14 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2013, 10:56 AM) *
As long as my measly check looks the same every two weeks, then I'm fine. I don't even look at the taxes that are being taken out anymore...it makes the strongest man take a knee and gasp for air.

With that said, 40% is a lot to eke out...especially when you're making the money that Manny's making. Hell, I'm almost afraid to get a raise, in fear of taxes making it seem as if I never received one. One would say that I'm the typical American knucklehead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

It's like a uppercut to the nuts.

But this just makes me hope marquez doesn't take the fight more because he's in for a screw job if it goes to the cards

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 14 2013, 11:14 AM) *
It's like a uppercut to the nuts.

But this just makes me hope marquez doesn't take the fight more because he's in for a screw job if it goes to the cards

Out of the first 4 fights, people only remember the 4th fight, and possibly the 1st (because of all the knockdowns). If Marquez gets jobbed again, that will be his version of riding off in the sunset. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: This time, he'll make a little more money, and he'll be vastly remembered for putting Manny to sleep in the 4th fight.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:57 PM