IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

Hotsauce
post Apr 18 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #211

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

lmao @ waka flocka
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #212

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 17 2013, 06:35 AM) *
I think that in a perfect world, with fair scoring, Trout should win comfortably.

In the world we live in though ?

Well...things might turn out a little different. You and I both know why.

Sadly true. I'm hoping however, that the microscope GBP is under right now will provoke them to ensure a fair and even playing fi....oh, who am I kidding. Oscar in particular is without integrity and seems to have an almost sick fascination with Canelo that goes beyond the typical, "I believe in my fighter and want the best for him." The dude seems obsessed with Red. Lol

And the media shills right along with him. For instance, why isn't the mainstream media reporting the arrest warrant that the Attorney General in Jalisco decided to move forward with for Canelo and his brother on yesterday. Is that not news? I mean, 3 days before his biggest fight, warrants for assault and battery are being sought for a popular boxer, fighting in America...yet no mention by mainstream press?

And how many of them bothered to report on the alleged 2011 incident of assault on a flyweight (a man half his size) in the first place? They didn't.

Yet Broner's club habits are "news". Someone recently asked about double-standards in boxing by the media et al...here we see yet another example of it. Add to that, the complete media blackout in regards to Robert Guerrero's gun case. No one has pressed him to respond. No questions. We don't even have him on camera saying: "I'd prefer not to talk about it...it's an open case...blah blah blah."

Nothing.

Because regardless of your thoughts on gun laws...any arrest looks bad...and we can't have certain fighters looking bad, can we? Just like we can't have certain fighters appearing to actually be good, decent guys doing the best with what they've been given.

Anyway....though Canelo is safely tucked in Texas, and I doubt this effects the fight going through....I, for one, wonder if word of the warrant has gotten to Canelo and if this might effect his mindset at all as he prepares for such an important match.

Rant over. =)

This post has been edited by VJones: Apr 18 2013, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 18 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #213

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 06:52 PM) *
Sacred money dont make no money!

moneys been on Trout for quite a while now. It's going nowhere lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2013, 05:31 PM
Post #214

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 10:59 AM) *
Oh okay, sounds like an interesting job. Im sure its not interesting for you this weekend, though. LOL

Waka is garbage for the most part, I can only stand to hear some of his stuff. Imagine having Waka Flaka scream garbage this weekend, when you could've been home. Oh the joy! Lol.

They let you know, on yesterday?! WTF? They better a hot naked woman ready in your room when you get there, or at least a nice bathroom that'll make you feel like a King when you take a shit. Where's the courtesy nowadays??? Madness, I tell ya....straight madness!

I would die if I had to hear that so called "artist" say anything. The Corporate world loves rappers, for what ever reason. I am trying to book a local artist so we can actually save money but if I can I may pool Lil Brother out my ass but they broke up so who knows. Hey Mase is always looking for work so maybe I can get him for 50 bucks. Corporate black women are sexy as hell to me but trying to bed them is a different story. They want your real name and phone number! Yeah right. It is interesting when there isn't a fight on that I have been waiting to see for three months. Anyway, I just dread these functions. I hope they cancel it.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 18 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #215

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

From Fightnews:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alvarez-tr...nference-187514

Jose Suliman's comments worry me about the officiating, big time:

Alvarez-Trout Press Conference

WBC champ Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and WBA champ Austin Trout faced off today at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter during their final press conference for Saturday’s WBC/WBA super welterweight unificationn fight at the Alamodome.

Canelo Alvarez: “I just want to prove that I’m the best and I’m ready!”

Austin Trout: “I am the best fighter at 154 lbs and have no doubt I’ll come out with my hands raised.”

Promoter Oscar de la Hoya: “No matter who wins, the public is the inevitable winner. We just want a good, clean, fair fight.”

WBC President Jose Sulaiman: “No matter what the press have to say, Canelo Alvarez is the absolute best champion.”

(On that note, Delahoya trying tp be neutral is a mask. He wants Alvarez to win just as much as Suliman does.) We may still have some bullshit with the officiating. (I wonder if Laurence Cole will give his prediction? Shit!) I just don't see neutrality for Trout. Even Alvarez gets a mandated rematch clause should he lose, no such situation for Trout.

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #216

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 05:37 PM) *
Sadly true. I'm hoping however, that the microscope GBP is under right now will provoke them to ensure a fair and even playing fi....oh, who am I kidding. Oscar in particular is without integrity and seems to have an almost sick fascination with Canelo that goes beyond the typical, "I believe in my fighter and want the best for him." The dude seems obsessed with Red. Lol

And the media shills right along with him. For instance, why isn't the mainstream media reporting the arrest warrant that the Attorney General in Jalisco decided to move forward with for Canelo and his brother on yesterday. Is that not news? I mean, 3 days before his biggest fight, warrants for assault and battery are being sought for a popular boxer, fighting in America...yet no mention by mainstream press?

And how many of them bothered to report on the alleged 2011 incident of assault on a flyweight (a man half his size) in the first place? They didn't.

Yet Broner's club habits are "news". Someone recently asked about double-standards in boxing by the media et al...here we see yet another example of it. Add to that, the complete media blackout in regards to Robert Guerrero's gun case. No one has pressed him to respond. No questions. We don't even have him on camera saying: "I'd prefer not to talk about it...it's an open case...blah blah blah."

Nothing.

Because regardless of your thoughts on gun laws...any arrest looks bad...and we can't have certain fighters looking bad, can we? Just like we can't have certain fighters appearing to actually be good, decent guys doing the best with what they've been given.

Anyway....though Canelo is safely tucked in Texas, and I doubt this effects the fight going through....I, for one, wonder if word of the warrant has gotten to Canelo and if this might effect his mindset at all as he prepares for such an important match.

Rant over. =)

whoa!!! arrest warrant!? no shit!? who did he assault this time?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #217

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2013, 07:32 PM) *
From Fightnews:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alvarez-tr...nference-187514

Jose Suliman's comments worry me about the officiating, big time:

Alvarez-Trout Press Conference

WBC champ Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and WBA champ Austin Trout faced off today at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter during their final press conference for Saturday’s WBC/WBA super welterweight unificationn fight at the Alamodome.

Canelo Alvarez: “I just want to prove that I’m the best and I’m ready!”

Austin Trout: “I am the best fighter at 154 lbs and have no doubt I’ll come out with my hands raised.”

Promoter Oscar de la Hoya: “No matter who wins, the public is the inevitable winner. We just want a good, clean, fair fight.”

WBC President Jose Sulaiman: “No matter what the press have to say, Canelo Alvarez is the absolute best champion.”

(On that note, Delahoya trying tp be neutral is a mask. He wants Alvarez to win just as much as Suliman does.) We may still have some bullshit with the officiating. (I wonder if Laurence Cole will give his prediction? Shit!) I just don't see neutrality for Trout. Even Alvarez gets a mandated rematch clause should he lose, no such situation for Trout.

Jack

wtf!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) aaaaaaaah shit! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) this is some bullshit right here!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 18 2013, 09:39 PM
Post #218

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

You know, at first when I saw the two neutral judges, I had a small hope that Trout would get a fair shake. I'll still put that at 40%. 60% says that some fuckery goes down that benefits Alvarez. I think Cole or the commission doctor will be involved in a possible premature stoppage, or some kind of headbutt shit. The ball is in Cole's and or the commission doctor to somehow fuck this up. Maybe we will all be wrong and get that 40% fair shake! Let's hope.

One thing I am convinced is that Trout WILL give it his all.

Jack

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 18 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #219

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Honest question for you guys....

Where will this fight be judged more fairly: this forum or Texas?

To me it seems like everyone is convinced that Canelo will lose a decision and that the only way he wins is if the judges give it to him. Confirmation bias is a very real thing and it sounds like that's what we are setting ourselves up for here.

I EXPECT the judges to get it right. They got it right in the Cotto fight and hopefully they get it right here. I think Trout wins, but it is 50-50 and Canelo could certainly pull it out. I want Trout to win. It should be a very interesting fight but if we go into it with the expectation that the judges will mess it up, there is a very good chance that Canelo will find himself in a no-win situation here. Heck, there are guys here that think Bradley won the Pacman fight.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 18 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #220

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 07:11 PM) *
whoa!!! arrest warrant!? no shit!? who did he assault this time?

Same case from 2011 (Archie Solis)...just the crap-covered wheels of justice moving in slow motion as usual...so it's now finally catching up to him. GBP and Sulaiman did there best to cover it up, but it seems that now the Attorney General is intent on charges.

But you know if Austin Trout had some charges somewhere, the media would be all abuzz about it...intent on distracting that man with questions from every turn.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 07:59 PM