IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

Jack 1000
post Apr 18 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #221

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Honest question for you guys....

Where will this fight be judged more fairly: this forum or Texas?

To me it seems like everyone is convinced that Canelo will lose a decision and that the only way he wins is if the judges give it to him. Confirmation bias is a very real thing and it sounds like that's what we are setting ourselves up for here.

I EXPECT the judges to get it right. They got it right in the Cotto fight and hopefully they get it right here. I think Trout wins, but it is 50-50 and Canelo could certainly pull it out. I want Trout to win. It should be a very interesting fight but if we go into it with the expectation that the judges will mess it up, there is a very good chance that Canelo will find himself in a no-win situation here. Heck, there are guys here that think Bradley won the Pacman fight.

KO Power,

I think that our general expectations on the forum at least for some officiating bullshit are so high, that if there is a bad decision no matter how bad, we won't be shocked much at all because we saw this coming. If the verdict is fair, we will be more shocked in a good way that the powers that be got it right. Trout-Cotto was a surprise. Trout not only got it, but a New York judge had it a near shutout for him! If any of those judges have it a near shutout for Trout it will be one of the biggest shocks in the history of boxing! LOL!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #222

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 05:42 PM) *
moneys been on Trout for quite a while now. It's going nowhere lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 06:31 PM) *
I would die if I had to hear that so called "artist" say anything. The Corporate world loves rappers, for what ever reason. I am trying to book a local artist so we can actually save money but if I can I may pool Lil Brother out my ass but they broke up so who knows. Hey Mase is always looking for work so maybe I can get him for 50 bucks. Corporate black women are sexy as hell to me but trying to bed them is a different story. They want your real name and phone number! Yeah right. It is interesting when there isn't a fight on that I have been waiting to see for three months. Anyway, I just dread these functions. I hope they cancel it.

Just go and find Broner and his crew of goonies to rap at the convention, you're sure to save some money there. Remember, "They liiiiive though!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Totally agree, corporate women, hardworking women, women with degrees, etc...are hard to bed nowadays. They tend to forget about the basic, bang your dude, make sure he's happy, and dont be so quick to object to everything.

That's why I like the "throwaway" chicks, at least you're sure to get your meat wet without having to meet a bunch of unreasonable/unrealistic demands. Then we have to see these dumb caption pics on social networks about "H*es get wifed up, good girls and single" blah, blah, blah. Again, we're simple creatures...food, sex, and silence! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2013, 11:38 PM) *

To me it seems like everyone is convinced that Canelo will lose a decision and that the only way he wins is if the judges give it to him. Confirmation bias is a very real thing and it sounds like that's what we are setting ourselves up for here.

I EXPECT the judges to get it right. They got it right in the Cotto fight and hopefully they get it right here. I think Trout wins, but it is 50-50 and Canelo could certainly pull it out. I want Trout to win. It should be a very interesting fight but if we go into it with the expectation that the judges will mess it up, there is a very good chance that Canelo will find himself in a no-win situation here. Heck, there are guys here that think Bradley won the Pacman fight.

You have to look at this way...between Canelo and Trout, who has more to look forward to? Who's more known? Who does the people want to see Mayweather fight? There's your answer right there.

Oh yeah, we're talking about Texas here...Texas? Yep, Texas. The home of skullduggery when it concerns boxing, and 2012 showed us that Texas is still alive and willing to screw whoever.

Again, it's about who is more marketable. Why do you think JMM was robbed in his 3rd fight with Manny? People were still hanging on to a possible Mayweather fight, and that's what Manny had to forward to. How far do you think Marquez would've gone, had he beat Manny in the 3rd fight? Hell, what are his options after KO'ing Manny? Bradley? Rios? Pfffft...riiiight.

Hell, he already fought Mayweather and looked like hot garbage, so his ceiling IS Manny Pacquiao. What do think people will be demanding, if Trout beats Canelo? The same thing they were clamoring for after he beat Cotto (who also had hit his peak in the sport in the Mayweather fight)? Not much at all. By the way, who IS Austin Trout??? This is how the average mind of a casual fan operates.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 09:14 AM
Post #223

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Oh yeah...shoutouts to the slowest freakin' week ever. I've a day ahead all week long, and now that's it's Friday, I don't even know how to deal with myself. These weeks are only slow when a good fight is coming up. LOL

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 19 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #224

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 19 2013, 12:07 AM) *
KO Power,

I think that our general expectations on the forum at least for some officiating bullshit are so high, that if there is a bad decision no matter how bad, we won't be shocked much at all because we saw this coming. If the verdict is fair, we will be more shocked in a good way that the powers that be got it right. Trout-Cotto was a surprise. Trout not only got it, but a New York judge had it a near shutout for him! If any of those judges have it a near shutout for Trout it will be one of the biggest shocks in the history of boxing! LOL!

Jack

I know what you're saying, but in 50-50 rounds if they give it to Canelo then I see this board calling it a robbery. That is where we are headed, imo. If Trout out-boxes Canelo like he did Cotto, I fully expect Trout to get a fairly easy result. I think we all should.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 19 2013, 10:21 AM
Post #225

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 10:12 AM) *

Just go and find Broner and his crew of goonies to rap at the convention, you're sure to save some money there. Remember, "They liiiiive though!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Totally agree, corporate women, hardworking women, women with degrees, etc...are hard to bed nowadays. They tend to forget about the basic, bang your dude, make sure he's happy, and dont be so quick to object to everything.

That's why I like the "throwaway" chicks, at least you're sure to get your meat wet without having to meet a bunch of unreasonable/unrealistic demands. Then we have to see these dumb caption pics on social networks about "H*es get wifed up, good girls and single" blah, blah, blah. Again, we're simple creatures...food, sex, and silence! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You have to look at this way...between Canelo and Trout, who has more to look forward to? Who's more known? Who does the people want to see Mayweather fight? There's your answer right there.

Oh yeah, we're talking about Texas here...Texas? Yep, Texas. The home of skullduggery when it concerns boxing, and 2012 showed us that Texas is still alive and willing to screw whoever.

Again, it's about who is more marketable. Why do you think JMM was robbed in his 3rd fight with Manny? People were still hanging on to a possible Mayweather fight, and that's what Manny had to forward to. How far do you think Marquez would've gone, had he beat Manny in the 3rd fight? Hell, what are his options after KO'ing Manny? Bradley? Rios? Pfffft...riiiight.

Hell, he already fought Mayweather and looked like hot garbage, so his ceiling IS Manny Pacquiao. What do think people will be demanding, if Trout beats Canelo? The same thing they were clamoring for after he beat Cotto (who also had hit his peak in the sport in the Mayweather fight)? Not much at all. By the way, who IS Austin Trout??? This is how the average mind of a casual fan operates.

Then how do you explain the robbery that was Bradley-Pac? Pac is CLEARLY the more marketable fighter and he won that fight fairly easily. How do you explain Cotto-Trout when that fight was supposed to pave the way for Canelo-Cotto this summer?

True robberies rarely happen. You single out Pac v Marquez but that was a CLOSE fight that could have gone either way. I expect a reasonable decision by the judges. I think Trout will win, but to me it seems like many people WANT Trout to win so badly that they are already making up excuses in the case that Trout loses.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 19 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #226

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 11:21 AM) *
Then how do you explain the robbery that was Bradley-Pac? Pac is CLEARLY the more marketable fighter and he won that fight fairly easily. How do you explain Cotto-Trout when that fight was supposed to pave the way for Canelo-Cotto this summer?

True robberies rarely happen. You single out Pac v Marquez but that was a CLOSE fight that could have gone either way. I expect a reasonable decision by the judges. I think Trout will win, but to me it seems like many people WANT Trout to win so badly that they are already making up excuses in the case that Trout loses.

The Pac/Bradley robbery was set in place to keep Manny honest. Remember, Floyd had just cracked a guaranteed $32M a month before that, so what do you think Manny was gonna do for his next fight? Had he beat Bradley, he would've been asking Bob for more money, but Bob put an end to that quickly.

So...what would've been Bob's answer, had Manny asked for more money? "Look kid, you just lost your last fight. There isn't gonna be enough money out there to pay you (insert Manny's request here) for your next fight." Manny being the simpleton that he is when it comes to business, he would've taken that excuse and left it alone.

Besides, the numbers for that Bradley fight weren't all that great, then the talks of an immediate rematch, disgusted fans. Pac was longer gunning for the megafight after the Bradley fight (as if Arum ever wanted it in the first place), he officially became a slave to Arum's agenda. THEN he got a forced into a 4th JMM fight, and got put to sleep.

Can you mentally picture how far behind the curve Manny is right now, when it comes to landing a megafight...funny how the world has pretty much given up on it, according to the recent ring disasters that Manny's been a victim of. All the while, Arum is happy and chuckling, because he longer has to deal with the media pressure/demands of a fight that he never wanted to make in the first place. He has Manny all to himself now, and can jerk him around however he plans to.

As for Cotto/Trout and the possibility of a potential Cotto/Canelo clash, let's be real here...Cotto made a bad business decision by taking the Trout fight. We've all seen Cotto take his licks like a man, just to build his way back up to a superfight...he's done it twice in the past few years. Let's not act like Canelo (or GBP) has a problem fighting smaller and/or shot fighters.

No worries there, he'll just do it again when it comes down to a Canelo fight. NOW, had Canelo lost a fight, that would've hurt his chances of ANYTHING big, hence why he never stepped up to face Trout or any other formidable 154lber, leaving the dirty work to real champions like Miguel.

Robberies happen for financial reasons, period. I singled out Pac/JMM 3, because Pac looked perpetually shitty in that fight and got beat to the punch every time. What Pac/JMM fight HASN'T been close?! C'mon dude, that was a moot point.

I don't expect the decision to be fair this weekend, if it goes to the cards. It's okay if you don't feel that way, but cut the shit with all of the nonsense about "this forum" and how we see it playing out. Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't get on here acting like a whiney little bitch if a robbery happens, because I'll be the first to tell you to STFU.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 19 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #227

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 09:12 AM) *

BAND CAMP!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #228

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 11:54 PM) *
Same case from 2011 (Archie Solis)...just the crap-covered wheels of justice moving in slow motion as usual...so it's now finally catching up to him. GBP and Sulaiman did there best to cover it up, but it seems that now the Attorney General is intent on charges.

But you know if Austin Trout had some charges somewhere, the media would be all abuzz about it...intent on distracting that man with questions from every turn.

absolutely. that's how the 'just-us' system works. smh.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #229

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2013, 11:38 PM) *

-pernell whitaker/julio cesar chavez

-zahir raheem/rocky juarez

-paulie malignaggi/juan diaz....

i can keep going but i think u get the point. texas has a history of fucking it up.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #230

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 11:21 AM) *

i scored pac/bradley even. a victory for either by a round or two wasn't out of the question. far from a robbery. don't listen to the fight...watch it.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:46 PM