IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

Jack 1000
post Apr 19 2013, 03:13 PM
Post #231

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 19 2013, 02:02 PM) *
i scored pac/bradley even. a victory for either by a round or two wasn't out of the question. far from a robbery. don't listen to the fight...watch it.

In discussion of other fights. I do think Bradley-Pacquiao was a bad call, but have seen worse. No way was that 11-1 for Manny or whatever HBO had. I had it 8-4, and my good friend when we watched trying to give all close rounds to Tim had it 7-5 for Manny. That's the best he could do.

Pacquiao-Marquez III. Discargee that Manny got beat to the punch each time. It was close and hard to score. Manny the aggressor, but Marquez scoring the points. I only had it one point in Juan's favor. Pacquiao's most dominate fight over Marquez was I think fight#1. I had him up by I think four points. That first round, with Marquez knocked down, too big a deficiet to overcome for him.

I predict that close rounds go to the more marketable fighter at least 60% of the time in big fights. Two of the judges will give any close rounds, even marginally close rounds to "Little Orphan Annie."

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 19 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #232

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Most of the guys here seem to be fairly reasonable when deciding who won a fight. A lot of the guys are picking Trout to win, because we think he has better credentials for the outcome of this fight. People also think it could be a possible robbery because of Canelo evidently being a protected fighter and Texas' history of bad scoring/robberies.

Most people here and in general seem to to think Pacquiao beat Bradley. There are some people like myself who do think Bradley won or wasn't so easily bested as many people believe so. It's okay to have opinions and different ways of scoring fights, but people that think Pacquiao won it "easily" must of not been watching the fight.

To me, Pacquiao-Marquez III was a very close fight, the outrage of a complete robbery was an exaggeration, like the Bradley fight. Though I had Marquez winning, I didn't think he won by many rounds.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 19 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #233

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

even though this a toss up fight. if trout wins he people gon say canelo is overrated, overhyped, etc etc etc.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 19 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #234

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY-MZlrT41E

Here is the weigh in boys. They both look great! Love the stare down I am still picking Trout.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #235

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 19 2013, 04:13 PM) *
In discussion of other fights. I do think Bradley-Pacquiao was a bad call, but have seen worse. No way was that 11-1 for Manny or whatever HBO had. I had it 8-4, and my good friend when we watched trying to give all close rounds to Tim had it 7-5 for Manny. That's the best he could do.

Pacquiao-Marquez III. Discargee that Manny got beat to the punch each time. It was close and hard to score. Manny the aggressor, but Marquez scoring the points. I only had it one point in Juan's favor. Pacquiao's most dominate fight over Marquez was I think fight#1. I had him up by I think four points. That first round, with Marquez knocked down, too big a deficiet to overcome for him.

I predict that close rounds go to the more marketable fighter at least 60% of the time in big fights. Two of the judges will give any close rounds, even marginally close rounds to "Little Orphan Annie."

Jack

i had pac winning the first fight with marquez. difference was that 10-7 round.

as for the 2nd fight...i had marquez winning.

3rd fight....8-4 marquez.

again...pac/bradley...6-6. i could see it 7-5 either way...but not much more.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 19 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #236

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

the bradley/pacquiao fight was closer than people think. the problem is people watch the fight while listening to the commentators.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #237

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 19 2013, 06:57 PM) *
the bradley/pacquiao fight was closer than people think. the problem is people watch the fight while listening to the commentators.

or...like bradley said...the ppl were watching pacquiao while the judges were watching the fight.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 19 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #238

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Canelo is a slow starter. Trout is gonna get in there and get right to work. When Canelo turns it up in round 4, he'll find out that he's in there with a guy who can take his punches. Trout will continue to outbox Canelo, ultimately frustrating him by about the 11th. At that point DLH will have seen enough and will have Canelo's people stop the fight. Trout will have cemented himself as top dog at 154 and will garner the type of respect that people suddenly gave the great Guillermo Rigondeaux on Sunday morning last week. Trout is that good. bank on it.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 19 2013, 08:44 PM
Post #239

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 19 2013, 09:41 PM) *
Canelo is a slow starter. Trout is gonna get in there and get right to work. When Canelo turns it up in round 4, he'll find out that he's in there with a guy who can take his punches. Trout will continue to outbox Canelo, ultimately frustrating him by about the 11th. At that point DLH will have seen enough and will have Canelo's people stop the fight. Trout will have cemented himself as top dog at 154 and will garner the type of respect that people suddenly gave the great Guillermo Rigondeaux on Sunday morning last week. Trout is that good. bank on it.

sounds good. you left out the part about them being in texas. is lawrence cole reffin this fight? expect favoritism.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 19 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #240

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

Just been watching All Access Cotto Trout.

Austin Trout's wife just cracks me up. She reminds me of my niece she's so OCD lol. Everything in its place etc. I'm rooting for Austin Trout on this one. Its gonna be close I think theres a good chance he's intimidated or even underestimating Canelo and its certainly not clear cut. (Se what I did there my ass is COVERED)

Seriousl I think Trout takes this on points but Canelo is one angry man. I don't know if Trout's bad enough a guy to tease him about his brother or badmouth him. He seems like such a nice guy.

Also Austin is thinking about his wife...Canelo can play a few mind games there too!

Seriously I can't pick em. i'm going for Austin cos he did it the hard way.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 04:27 AM