IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 01:23 AM) *
So you don't see anything wrong with a fighter who hasn't proven anything in his weight class trying to demand a future HOF fighter to sign a contract or he'll do his own thing? I think he played himself in that sense

I don't see anything wrong with him going on his own date, it'll get more attention and be a bigger event. But for him and his team to put a deadline on any fighter, let alone Floyd to fight them is ridiculous. He needs someone in his camp to stop sucking him off and tell him how it really is. But when I found out Reynoso was his manager I knew that wasn't going to happen. He's a prima donna who over values his worth

he's not in any position to be making any demands...but on the flip side...why beg for a fight when u can get paid on your own? canelo has a very tough fight in front of him. leveraging that match up to get a fight with floyd is just good business....especially if it works. it won't. floyd is floyd and we all know he will fight the opponents he chooses when he chooses them. he said it himself...he's robbing the bank legally. he has no intention of facing any real threats and every match from here on out will be very carefully planned. with this being said...i have to give canelo more props at this point because he's facing a much tougher opponent than floyds opponent. trout is no joke and there is a very serious chance canelo loses to him. props to canelo for doing his own thing and trying to prove his greatness. it's been a loooooooooong time since floyd has done that.

i'm looking more forward to april 20th than may 4th....and with april 20th being on regular showtime....i'm sure way more ppl will be tuning in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #62

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 09:21 AM) *
Exactly. Red Head head is smelling himself way too much. What if he loses to Trout? That means he still gets a Mayweather fight? BS. He will soon learn that Cinnamon isn't a main spice. This dude cashed himself out way too early and over nothing.

cashing himself out? i think he's going all in and rolling the dice. if he wins...he's sitting pretty. that takes balls. lets see if he can pull it off.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #63

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 28 2013, 02:03 PM) *
I saw something in Trout vs Cotto.... Trout is very dangerous and stayed within himself to secure a win but I think he could have stopped Cotto or made him quit.. He dominated Cotto-- Alvarez has not beaten anyone and I do not feel he will be able to handle Trout at all.. I think Trout dominates this kid...

i'm picking trout to win as well...but i can't count canelo out. he's still a pretty decent puncher and he may be a more natural 154lb fighter than cotto. i'll wait to see them side by side.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 06:54 PM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 28 2013, 03:14 PM) *
No shit man!

I mean at least the Vegas venue on Floyd's undercard would stand a chance of fair officiating. I can see it now. Two Texas locals and one Mexican judge or Californian. Or whatever, the judges will likely all be from Southwest States. You get two guys in the money maker's pocket, it makes no difference where the third judge is from. Trout will have to near kill Alverez to get a decision in Texas. The officials will take to "Cinnamon Head" like bees to honey!

Alverez just saved his own ass from a loss, unless the fight is a brutal beating. Trout better do a Martinez on Chavez here if he wants to win and not get caught in the last round!

Jack

look for a premature stoppage from cole if trout stumbles just a little.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #65

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2013, 03:26 PM) *
Just what we fuckin' needed...a bunch of Revenge of the Nerds judges, smh.

The kicker here is, thanks to Alvarez and his disgusting since of entitlement, he can win or lose here, but his chances at a Floyd fight have gone sour in the meantime. He better hope he does the minimum here, and at least beat Trout convincingly. I dont want to put too much mustard on Trout's victory over Cotto, but he's the first able-body that Canelo's fought on U.S. soil.

trouts victory over cotto was legit. he made so many adjustments in that fight. he is underrated.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 28 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #66

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 04:50 PM) *
cashing himself out? i think he's going all in and rolling the dice. if he wins...he's sitting pretty. that takes balls. lets see if he can pull it off.

I agree, but he looks bad or gets a gift decision than what? It will be hard to look good against Trout, very hard. Trout can take a punch and he is a complete boxer. He made Cotto look old. Canelo better be ready for a real fight. This is not a Matthew Hatton type of fighter and since this will be Alvarez's first real 154 fight he may not be used to a hard hitter. So yeah he rolled the dice, usually the house wins.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 28 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #67

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

This was the only obvious move for Canelo if what Richard Schaeffer is saying is the truth...and I have no reason to believe that he isn't. Richard said that Canelo wanted a guarantee that if BOTH fighters won, Canelo-Mayweather would be made in the fall. Floyd wouldn't give him that guarantee, so Canelo took his fight off the Mayweather PPV.

This tells me that Floyd wasn't very serious about fighting Canelo in the fall. Why else would Floyd have an issue with this? Canelo is doing him a big favor by fighting Trout on his undercard and boosting his PPV ratings...which makes him a richer man. Canleo-Trout is one of the bigger fights of the year and Canelo was willing to put it as an undercard fight. All Mayweather had to do was say yes to a fight with Canelo in the fall if BOTH men won. That is extremely reasonable and if Floyd wanted to right Canelo in the fall then I have to imagine he would say yes.

I think we are setting up for a 1 year Floyd layoff after the Ghost fight or maybe a fall fight with Danny Garcia or Devon Alexander. If he really wanted to fight Canelo, I can't see him turning this deal down considering the extra PPV buys that will be lost.

Maybe Floyd was just stringing Canelo on this entire time, telling him he will get a shot in the near future if he just fought a few times on Floyd PPV's. That boosted Mayweather's ratings which allowed him to leverage a deal with Showtime. Now Canelo essentially said put up or shut up...either agree to a fight if we BOTH win or I am taking a major fight off the PPV. There has to be a reason that Floyd is willing to diminish his own PPV card.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 28 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #68

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 28 2013, 06:01 PM) *
This was the only obvious move for Canelo if what Richard Schaeffer is saying is the truth...and I have no reason to believe that he isn't. Richard said that Canelo wanted a guarantee that if BOTH fighters won, Canelo-Mayweather would be made in the fall. Floyd wouldn't give him that guarantee, so Canelo took his fight off the Mayweather PPV.

This tells me that Floyd wasn't very serious about fighting Canelo in the fall. Why else would Floyd have an issue with this? Canelo is doing him a big favor by fighting Trout on his undercard and boosting his PPV ratings...which makes him a richer man. Canleo-Trout is one of the bigger fights of the year and Canelo was willing to put it as an undercard fight. All Mayweather had to do was say yes to a fight with Canelo in the fall if BOTH men won. That is extremely reasonable and if Floyd wanted to right Canelo in the fall then I have to imagine he would say yes.

I think we are setting up for a 1 year Floyd layoff after the Ghost fight or maybe a fall fight with Danny Garcia or Devon Alexander. If he really wanted to fight Canelo, I can't see him turning this deal down considering the extra PPV buys that will be lost.

Maybe Floyd was just stringing Canelo on this entire time, telling him he will get a shot in the near future if he just fought a few times on Floyd PPV's. That boosted Mayweather's ratings which allowed him to leverage a deal with Showtime. Now Canelo essentially said put up or shut up...either agree to a fight if we BOTH win or I am taking a major fight off the PPV. There has to be a reason that Floyd is willing to diminish his own PPV card.

Which means he is over looking Robert and what if Canelo loses against Trout or looks awful against him? They should of negotiated this fight after May 4th. Who the hell is Alvarez to dictate terms? Come on now. I can see if he actually cleared his division out but he hasn't. Plus Trout and Alvarez is a great fight for boxing fans but the not the casual fan. Just think about how many non Mexican fans know who Alvarez and Trout are. Broner has a bigger name than both of them

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 28 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #69

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

If Canelo loses, he doesn't get a shot. That would be in the contract if what Richard Schaeffer said was true and there is no reason to believe that it isn't. There is also almost no way Canelo "loses bad" to Trout. Trout isn't a scrub. If it is a close fight and Canelo wins, it is still a great win.

Alvarez isn't dictating the terms at all. Mayweather wanted a HUGE fight on his undercard in order to drum up even more interest. Canelo isn't just going to agree. Canelo-Trout is a major fight that deserves its own night and own card. If Mayweather wanted it on the undercard, he should have come with a legitimate offer to a guy that has already fought TWICE on a Floyd undercard.

Trout-Canelo is too big of a fight to be on anyone's undercard. Canelo was willing to give in to Mayweather, but he needed something more in return. Mayweather refused to give him any guarantee, so he passed. This isn't a case of Canelo trying to call all the shots. This is a case of Canelo telling Floyd that he isn't his b*tch.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 28 2013, 09:07 PM
Post #70

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 28 2013, 05:21 PM) *
If Canelo loses, he doesn't get a shot. That would be in the contract if what Richard Schaeffer said was true and there is no reason to believe that it isn't. There is also almost no way Canelo "loses bad" to Trout. Trout isn't a scrub. If it is a close fight and Canelo wins, it is still a great win.

Alvarez isn't dictating the terms at all. Mayweather wanted a HUGE fight on his undercard in order to drum up even more interest. Canelo isn't just going to agree. Canelo-Trout is a major fight that deserves its own night and own card. If Mayweather wanted it on the undercard, he should have come with a legitimate offer to a guy that has already fought TWICE on a Floyd undercard.

Trout-Canelo is too big of a fight to be on anyone's undercard. Canelo was willing to give in to Mayweather, but he needed something more in return. Mayweather refused to give him any guarantee, so he passed. This isn't a case of Canelo trying to call all the shots. This is a case of Canelo telling Floyd that he isn't his b*tch.

Again why does Mayweather have to give into Canelo's demands. They could of talked about the fight after May 4th. This just looks like a stunt on Red Head's behalf. Why even make this public. He could of still landed Mayweather but you don't tell a man to sign this fight or else! Mayweather gave the biggest in this era the middle finger because Pac and Arum tried to strong arm in the same manner. Come on. Plus how dumb would Floyd look if he already signed on to face Canelo has the venue ready only for Canelo to lose! It doesn't make sense. Plus people who tend to fight Red Head end up losing so I doubt if Mayweather wnated that voodoo on him. Red Head is a jinx. You know what happens to opponents who overlook their opposition?

See K9, Ortiz, Berto, and Paris. They all have taken Ls!

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:32 PM