Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pacquiao/Cotto 2, anyone?
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I know that most of you guys are thinking, "Man this fight makes no sense, give it a rest Cshel". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Seriously though, at this point, Pac has lost his last two outings, and so has Cotto. Unfortunately, the fashion in which Manny just lost, may have given Cotto a bit of wiggle room, if they so decide to negotiate again.

This time though, Manny would have to take the 154 lb limit. Yeah I know, Manny's still the bigger draw of the two, but shit, if Marquez doesn't give him a chance, then a Cotto rematch will still be a decent money maker. The undercard or at least the co-feature bout would have to be worth the buy.

If Marquez doesn't budge when it comes to a 5th fight, then what's left for Manny? Rios?! Bradley rematch?! Yeah, had he beaten JMM, then ppl would want to see him punish Tim, but he happened to get knocked out by JMM, so that isn't truly a safe fight anymore.

What if Miguel decides to take less money this time, in exchange for Manny agreeing with the true 154 lb weight limit? Miguel has an Alvarez fight dangling over his head, depending on how May 4th goes. Other than that, there's not much left out there for him...maybe an Ortiz fight, which is easy to make, and will draw a bit of money.

What do you guys think?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dre98
post Feb 16 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #2

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 06:47 PM) *
I know that most of you guys are thinking, "Man this fight makes no sense, give it a rest Cshel". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Seriously though, at this point, Pac has lost his last two outings, and so has Cotto. Unfortunately, the fashion in which Manny just lost, may have given Cotto a bit of wiggle room, if they so decide to negotiate again.

This time though, Manny would have to take the 154 lb limit. Yeah I know, Manny's still the bigger draw of the two, but shit, if Marquez doesn't give him a chance, then a Cotto rematch will still be a decent money maker. The undercard or at least the co-feature bout would have to be worth the buy.

If Marquez doesn't budge when it comes to a 5th fight, then what's left for Manny? Rios?! Bradley rematch?! Yeah, had he beaten JMM, then ppl would want to see him punish Tim, but he happened to get knocked out by JMM, so that isn't truly a safe fight anymore.

What if Miguel decides to take less money this time, in exchange for Manny agreeing with the true 154 lb weight limit? Miguel has an Alvarez fight dangling over his head, depending on how May 4th goes. Other than that, there's not much left out there for him...maybe an Ortiz fight, which is easy to make, and will draw a bit of money.

What do you guys think?

I Definitely respect that. I would watch that fight only if Pacquiao moved up to 154 with no catch weight. I can see it be plausible though.

Bradley probably gonna fight peterson vs holt winner

On a side note do you think Andre Berto's fight will be on Espn Or is gbp really gonna make that ortiz 2?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 16 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I don't see why Cotto can come in at 154 and Pac will probably come in at 150-152

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Feb 16 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Pacquiao again with the easy win. I'm not sure that Cotto has much left in the tank. If Pacquiao fights the same way he did before he got knocked out by Marquez then it will be a long night for Cotto again. Not a good fight.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 16 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 05:47 PM) *

What do you guys think?

Man, although it is a great idea, I can honestly tell you that it will never happen as long as Arum is in the mix. Bob Arum will not allow Pac to fight Cotto unless Miguel agrees to drain himself so forget about it.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 17 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

This fight would be interesting for me only because of the fact Pac would be going out of that KTFO loss. Other than that, I think styles make fights in this one..Pac would do the same he did last time imo. Cotto would probably be more game, but it wouldn't be enough. Personally, I first need to see Pac in a tune-up to see if hes back or not.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Feb 17 2013, 02:35 PM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 17 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Loser retires?? Pac beat Cotto so bad the first time, that I'm not crazy about it. However, just to get rounds in, Pacquiao should pick an easy opponent and get his weight back up. Cotto is an easy opponent.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 17 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #8

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

At 154 and 154 only with OSDT. No re-dehydration clause and the fight has to be at Madison Square Garden! That will be the only way I see this fight. And like someone says, loser retires and winner takes a very long break.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 17 2013, 05:14 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 17 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

anybody know what the fight night weight was for the first match?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 17 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 17 2013, 05:56 PM) *
anybody know what the fight night weight was for the first match?

I thought that Cotto had to come in 1-2lbs lower than the WW limit but I guess we could google it or go to www.boxrec.com to find the answer. In order for MC to get a fight with MP he (Miguel) will not be allowed to come in at the Jr MW limit, Arum knows a Miguel that is at his limit is dangerous and will destroy Manny.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:13 PM