Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pacquiao/Cotto 2, anyone?
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I know that most of you guys are thinking, "Man this fight makes no sense, give it a rest Cshel". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Seriously though, at this point, Pac has lost his last two outings, and so has Cotto. Unfortunately, the fashion in which Manny just lost, may have given Cotto a bit of wiggle room, if they so decide to negotiate again.

This time though, Manny would have to take the 154 lb limit. Yeah I know, Manny's still the bigger draw of the two, but shit, if Marquez doesn't give him a chance, then a Cotto rematch will still be a decent money maker. The undercard or at least the co-feature bout would have to be worth the buy.

If Marquez doesn't budge when it comes to a 5th fight, then what's left for Manny? Rios?! Bradley rematch?! Yeah, had he beaten JMM, then ppl would want to see him punish Tim, but he happened to get knocked out by JMM, so that isn't truly a safe fight anymore.

What if Miguel decides to take less money this time, in exchange for Manny agreeing with the true 154 lb weight limit? Miguel has an Alvarez fight dangling over his head, depending on how May 4th goes. Other than that, there's not much left out there for him...maybe an Ortiz fight, which is easy to make, and will draw a bit of money.

What do you guys think?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
p4pcrown
post Feb 16 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #2

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,358

Pacquiao again with the easy win. I'm not sure that Cotto has much left in the tank. If Pacquiao fights the same way he did before he got knocked out by Marquez then it will be a long night for Cotto again. Not a good fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:10 PM