Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cotto vs Bradley at 154? Maybe?
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Alright guys, Im reaching here...I gotta talk boxing. This boxing drought is getting the best of me. We're all about 0-5 against these cancelled/postponed fights. I was thinking about what Bradley should pursue after his upcoming fight against whoever tha fuck this guy is. I've seen him a fight a couple of times, but the name never stuck with me.

What if Arum decided to give Tim a consolation fight, for not making the Pac rematch happen? What if he can pull Miguel into this, and make it worth it? Obviously, they'd have to fight in NY, because those NY fans dont care if Miguel fights a damn kangaroo, they'll be there to see. What if this fight leads to a Manny rematch for both of these guys?

I'm sure Bradley hasn't gotten that delusional with his newly-acquired, controversial, fame, so I don't thin he'd argue about making the 154 lb limit. A rough and rugged (part-time slick boxer) Bradley, vs a fight 'til the end Cotto. If Miguel fought Trout, with no regards to how tickets sales would pan out, then why not Bradley? A guy who "beat" Manny?..a guy that Cotto lost to?

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BrutUalBK
post Feb 21 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Alright guys, Im reaching here...I gotta talk boxing. This boxing drought is getting the best of me. We're all about 0-5 against these cancelled/postponed fights. I was thinking about what Bradley should pursue after his upcoming fight against whoever tha fuck this guy is. I've seen him a fight a couple of times, but the name never stuck with me.

What if Arum decided to give Tim a consolation fight, for not making the Pac rematch happen? What if he can pull Miguel into this, and make it worth it? Obviously, they'd have to fight in NY, because those NY fans dont care if Miguel fights a damn kangaroo, they'll be there to see. What if this fight leads to a Manny rematch for both of these guys?

I'm sure Bradley hasn't gotten that delusional with his newly-acquired, controversial, fame, so I don't thin he'd argue about making the 154 lb limit. A rough and rugged (part-time slick boxer) Bradley, vs a fight 'til the end Cotto. If Miguel fought Trout, with no regards to how tickets sales would pan out, then why not Bradley? A guy who "beat" Manny?..a guy that Cotto lost to?

Thoughts?

First of all, Bradley isn't moving to 154 anytime soon--sure he walks around at 165ish but when he trains he carries very little bodyfat so he is 147lbs pure muscle so those guys like Trout is too big/tall for him and I think he'll be slower at that weight. Arum is not thinking about marketing Tim (this current fight is proof of that) and a consolation fight isn't happening nor will there be a rematch vs Pac, they (Arum/Roach) are trying to keep Pac as far away as possible from technical fighters like Tim.

The only match up Pac is allowed is someone who walks right in with no defense or they'd rather fight and lose to JMM in a 5th fight but only if that is in Manila/somewhere in the Philippines. Manny should be the one begging Tim for a rematch after Brad's next fight because at least it would be a safe fight for Pac (meaning he won't get put to sleep) but I can guarantee that Manny isn't going to be calling out anyone named Floyd or Bradley.

As far as Cotto (who promotes himself now), he'd be unwilling to fight Manny under Arum because Bob wants Miguel to drain himself to fight Pac, that isn't happening again because Cotto is no longer Bob's slave. I don't think that Tim has been delusional about anything, he wants the best fights out there but Bob Arum isn't willing to have anyone excel ahead of his devalued Cashcow (Manny) which is why he waited so long to try and get Bradley a fight and offered him no rematch with Pac even though they have a rematch clause in their contract.

Forget about 154 with Bradley vs Cotto or anyone else for that matter, it isn't happening and Arum isn't willing to do business with GBP or Floyd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:40 AM