Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Andre Dirrell
Marcus
post Feb 17 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,254

Everytime i come across Andre Dirrell i often find myself feeling sorry. Dirrell is one of the most gifted and athletic boxers i have ever seen inside that squared circle. I mean his skills, reflexes, agility, accuracy, stamina, POWER, speed (ESPECIALLY for a super middle weight). Dirrell has the ENTIRE package. And to see Carl Froch in the position he is in now in big money fights as a current IBF world champion. Crowned with the honor of testing his skills against Andre Ward, exposing Lucian Bute, being a 2x world champion, and now having a big money fight with Mikkel Kessler. I just think to myself imagine if there was never a robbery in Nottingham in that Froch -Dirrell fight. Dirrell could've been in the position that Froch is in now, or better yet the position that Ward is in right now as the #2 P4P figther in the world. To see Dirrell now with no big money fights- actually no fights AT ALL is disheartening. All that talent, all those skills, all that potential not given the opportunity to be showcased to the fans. All that hardwork, those late nights and early mornings putting in work, and nothing to show for it...
What do you guys think of Andre Dirrell and his situation?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Feb 19 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I think Dirrell is good but not great. That said, he has a lot of talent. I think that injury he sustained vs Abraham was probably worse than anyone thought. It's a shame what's happened to him. I thought he beat Froch. I thought he was schooling Abraham. It's a shame he's far below them on the totem pole.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 07:26 AM