IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESPN2@6PM(PT)/9PM(ET)-Peterson vs Holt-SPOILERS, Important Information in First Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 20 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Due to the controversy surrounding Lamont Peterson, and the fact that his comeback fight with Kendell Holt is pretty big by ESPN standards, we will be having this preview thread for the fight pinned. Discuss all things related to Peterson, how he will fare in this fight, and any aspects of the controversy in this thread. On Friday Night, we will change the topic title to our customary Round By Round Spoiler thread so users can follow along and reflect on the future of Lamont's career.

Please note we normally do Showbox and ESPN fights in Weekend Wrap up threads, with only the PPV, HBO, or Showtime fights pinned. However, because this is a world title fight (IBF World Jr. Welterweight Championship) with such an electric atmosphere in Peterson's hometown with a very strong challenger in Holt, we will be treating this fight as if it were a PPV, HBO, or Showtime match. This is one of the biggest little fights to hit ESPN FNF in a long time so we are going to treat it as a big deal.

Same rules apply, no new spoiler threads or public streams. Post everything in this thread. Oh, if you are DVR'ing this card, add 30 to 60 minutes because there is a basketball game previous to the fight and doing so should avoid game overtime problems.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Peterson hasn't been in the ring in 17 months, so the first thing I'm looking for, is ring rust. Holt on the other hand, has been a bit more active and coming off of shoulder surgery, so we'll have to wait and see how he performs.

Speaking of performance, isn't this for the IBF title? Yes it is! That only means that these dudes will fight their hardest, leaving no room for excuses or lull period during the fight.

I can imagine how Peterson will neglect his underrated jab and go for the gusto, which will play into Holt's hand when he counterpunches. I hate to sat this, but I have Holt by TKO in the mid round, more than likely, the 7th round.

He tends to slow down and wait for a guy to mess up, and since Peterson will most likely try to smother him with activity and keep it on the inside, Holt may just catch him in mid-punch or backing out of an exchange.

Lamont is my dude, but all Holt has left is a big punch, and Lamont is no stranger to getting hit with unnecessary shots. Holt will be the new champion, and his chamo status will resemble K-9's status...simply holding a belt, and delusionally waiting for a big money fight.

Speaking of K-9, why isn't his fight with Smith NOT on ESPN, and Holt/Peterson not on Showtime? Backwards, right?

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 21 2013, 12:58 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

No local DC officals for this fight at all!

The ref is Tony Weeks from Nevada. The judges are from Connecticut and two from Florida with a lot of experience:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/177273-...r-peterson-holt

We probably won't have to hear a Teddy Atlas "National Commission" rant due to bad scoring! (Thank you!) This is good. No excuses and the playing field should be fair.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 21 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

Ring TV assessment and predictions on the fight:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/177321-peterson-holt

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 21 2013, 12:58 PM) *
We probably won't have to hear a Teddy Atlas "National Commission" rant due to bad scoring! (Thank you!) This is good. No excuses and the playing field should be fair.

What would an episode of FNFs be, without a robbery and hearing Teddy lose his shit??? Those are the epic moments that I hope for! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm glad there aren't any local refs or officials! I'm wondering how much Weeks will let Peterson fight on the inside and keep his head in Holt's chest. I'm wondering if he took notes of the errors in the Khan fight, or is he going to shoot from the hip (which he does a pretty good job of).

PS: I f'd up and thought today was Friday! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm lurking around for some weigh-in pics right now.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 21 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 21 2013, 10:43 AM) *
Peterson hasn't been in the ring in 17 months, so the first thing I'm looking for, is ring rust. Holt on the other hand, has been a bit more active and coming off of shoulder surgery, so we'll have to wait and see how he performs.

Speaking of performance, isn't this for the IBF title? Yes it is! That only means that these dudes will fight their hardest, leaving no room for excuses or lull period during the fight.

I can imagine how Peterson will neglect his underrated jab and go for the gusto, which will play into Holt's hand when he counterpunches. I hate to sat this, but I have Holt by TKO in the mid round, more than likely, the 7th round.

He tends to slow down and wait for a guy to mess up, and since Peterson will most likely try to smother him with activity and keep it on the inside, Holt may just catch him in mid-punch or backing out of an exchange.

Lamont is my dude, but all Holt has left is a big punch, and Lamont is no stranger to getting hit with unnecessary shots. Holt will be the new champion, and his chamo status will resemble K-9's status...simply holding a belt, and delusionally waiting for a big money fight.

Speaking of K-9, why isn't his fight with Smith NOT on ESPN, and Holt/Peterson not on Showtime? Backwards, right?

The layoff is one thing, but I'm more concerned with how Peterson will perform without the elevated testosterone levels.:

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 21 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 21 2013, 03:21 PM) *
The layoff is one thing, but I'm more concerned with how Peterson will perform without the elevated testosterone levels.:

Elevated? I thought he was cleared by a doctor because he had low testosterone? So technically he fought with normal testosterone.

But I have a feeling holt might catch lamont cold with his fast hands. But lamont has crazy resolve, this is definitely an interesting match up.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Feb 21 2013, 07:00 PM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 22 2013, 07:29 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 21 2013, 06:59 PM) *
Elevated? I thought he was cleared by a doctor because he had low testosterone? So technically he fought with normal testosterone.

But I have a feeling holt might catch lamont cold with his fast hands. But lamont has crazy resolve, this is definitely an interesting match up.

I'm not well educated when it comes to drug testing, but I would assume that if his levels were elevated. If his level was normal why did he test positive? I'm not sure Peterson game plan is in most fights, but it always ends up with trying to outlast his opponent. I want make a pick in this one, I will just watch.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 22 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 22 2013, 07:29 AM) *
I'm not well educated when it comes to drug testing, but I would assume that if his levels were elevated. If his level was normal why did he test positive? I'm not sure Peterson game plan is in most fights, but it always ends up with trying to outlast his opponent. I want make a pick in this one, I will just watch.
I think he admitted it, I don't know if he was caught because of elevated testosterone. But don't quote me on that lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 22 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I am super excited for this fight. I think Holt is going to pull it out. I believe Lamont might be mentally damaged from all the crap he was dragged through. Do I believe he was on PEDS? No. He doesn't fight that aggressive and he is not a knockout type of fighter so what would be the use in taking PEDs. I like holt by decision. I will say 8-4 decision

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:51 PM