> Broner Vs Gamboa, Biggest fight for boxing outside mayweather vs Pacquiao
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 21 2013, 11:10 AM) *
I don't put much stock into the size thing but the weight thing sticks out to me, I'm sure Broner was about 150 on fight night in his last fight so that alone will help one to absorb punishment better than someone who is lighter. Floyd was skinnier than most of his opponents back then and though taller, he didn't have the weight.

Rees was 150 last weekend as well. You're right though, Broner does outweigh most of his opponents on fight night, but only by a few lbs. Dude is just big for that weight class. We see the same thing with Donaire and some of his opponents.

You have to go back and look at some of Floyd's old fight...dude was waaay larger than some of those guys (not just in regards to height).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dre98
post Feb 21 2013, 12:58 PM
Post #12

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 21 2013, 10:23 AM) *
THIS!

I still want to see this one, just for the record.

We'll once again see how much of a midget Broner's opponent's happen to be on fight night. Broner is just a big kid for these lower weight classes, which reminds me of Floyd fighting all of those midgets at the beginning of his career.

If anything, Gamboa needs to be first in this fight. Im almost sure that he's gonna be at a disadvantage in regards to reach and height, so he'd better make the most of his moment. If this fight had taken place when Broner fought Ponce (when he was still new on the scene), then I'd give Yuri a bigger shot.

I like this fight though, I really do. Gamboa's been dropped and caught by slower punchers, so a Broner shot would pout him on queer street. Gamboa does it to himself though. In this one, we wont see him running into punches like he usually does when he gets dropped, this time, we'll see him get hit from the outside by tactical punches.

Let me not get excited, we'll probably end up getting Lopez/Gamboa, I heard that Juanma still wants that fight...or does he really NEED that fight now. He never came off as ducker when it came to that fight, neither of them did. We shall see.

I just want to see the fight because I feel the skill level of both fighters will be exciting. I like to see who would out smart who. In the Ponce De leon fight Broner didn't really make any adjustments. Despite all the other knocks against gamboa and his current situation his skills wins him fights look at your Danny Garcia or Tim bradley. Bradley has been down against Holt , but Pacquiao couldn't knock him down with two bad ankles. So forget all that chin stuff Khan made through tough as fight with maidana. I give Gamboa a chance. I guarantee all the people in this thread would watch the fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 21 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

with gamboa's missteps in his career lately...joining 50...being named a PED user...he's placed himself on the back burner. he's going to have to do some damage repair outside the ring as well as knock off more rust. he's in a bad position right now and i can't see broners ppl matching him against gamboa anytime soon.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 21 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

This is one I'd like to see. I think Broner takes it due to his size. I think he imposes his size and will on The smaller and faster guy.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 21 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 21 2013, 01:10 PM) *
with gamboa's missteps in his career lately...joining 50...being named a PED user...he's placed himself on the back burner. he's going to have to do some damage repair outside the ring as well as knock off more rust. he's in a bad position right now and i can't see broners ppl matching him against gamboa anytime soon.

SMS Promotions taking over!!! LMAO. The LW division is already a joke. Who can Shortboa beat not named Broner that is creditable? GBP can probably match or even surpass any offer 50 can make to the Burns/Vasquez winner. So who else is out there?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 21 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

This would end in some form of round 9 tko from accumulation, or the ref calls it off. Broner wins simple

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 21 2013, 05:57 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 21 2013, 05:12 PM) *
SMS Promotions taking over!!! LMAO. The LW division is already a joke. Who can Shortboa beat not named Broner that is creditable? GBP can probably match or even surpass any offer 50 can make to the Burns/Vasquez winner. So who else is out there?

there are plenty of guys out there for gamboa to beat. he's probably the 2nd best guy in the division. broner beats him at this point...but they are probably each others best opponent to date.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 21 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 21 2013, 03:57 PM) *
there are plenty of guys out there for gamboa to beat. he's probably the 2nd best guy in the division. broner beats him at this point...but they are probably each others best opponent to date.

There are plenty of guys in the 135lb division? Thats funny then why is everybody lobbying for Broner to move up?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 22 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I think Broner would KO Gamboa late in the fight. Both fighters skill-wise are a joy to watch, but Gamboa's chin is just china and the layoffs he has doesn't help him either. Defensively is where I think this fight will be decided and Broner gets the better of Gamboa in that dept everytime

+Quote Post
sduck
post Feb 22 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Welp, I had it like 50-50 for both, but Broner destroys Gamboa, it's clear now unless evident otherwise.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:21 AM