Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Matthysse vs Peterson
leonthegee
post Feb 23 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

It seems that Shafer wants to try and make this fight for May 18th in DC with Brook vs Alexander on the undercard. I like this matchup but ive been reading alot of hate on other sites. You know the usual GBP is trying to protect Garcia. But Garcia vs Judah is scheduled for April 27th so I dont see why this fight cant be made. Matthysse has to fight somebody right? At least he gets a title shot. Personally I dont care where Dannys ranked I think Peterson is the best at 140. A win over Peterson could put Matthysse in line for a Mayweather shot. What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Feb 23 2013, 10:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 23 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 23 2013, 10:58 AM) *
It seems that Shafer wants to try and make this fight for May 18th in DC with Brook vs Alexander on the undercard. I like this matchup but ive been reading alot of hate on other sites. You know the usual GBP is trying to protect Garcia. But Garcia vs Judah is scheduled for April 27th so I dont see why this fight cant be made. Matthysse has to fight somebody right? At least he gets a title shot. Personally I dont care where Dannys ranked I think Peterson is the best at 140. A win over Peterson could put Matthysse in line for a Mayweather shot. What do you guys think?

A mayweather shot? I don't think so but I wouldn't doubt it. This fight would be amazing! I think both guys craft is extremely underrated and I agree with you, out of everyone at 140 I believe lamont is the toughest guy to beat. And last night was he putting some mustard on those shots! Him and matthysse would be for the number one spot, and I bet Garcia moves up after his upcoming fight just to avoid the winner (and to try to land a mayweather fight, I think he has a better chance due to being a bigger draw and being a lot less of a risk than lucas). This is an awesome match up though

And by the way its obvious schaeffer really wants to beef up this card because Alexander seems to be intent on stinking absolutely everyone out, fuck being the undercard this should be headlining.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Feb 23 2013, 11:10 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 23 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I think Peterson should fight JMM. That would be something. Matthysse needs to fight Marcos and get it over with. Actually I would love to see Matthysse fight Khan. That would be fire works. I do believe that Peterson and Khan need to rematch each other!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 23 2013, 02:15 PM

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 23 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 23 2013, 09:08 AM) *
A mayweather shot? I don't think so but I wouldn't doubt it. This fight would be amazing! I think both guys craft is extremely underrated and I agree with you, out of everyone at 140 I believe lamont is the toughest guy to beat. And last night was he putting some mustard on those shots! Him and matthysse would be for the number one spot, and I bet Garcia moves up after his upcoming fight just to avoid the winner (and to try to land a mayweather fight, I think he has a better chance due to being a bigger draw and being a lot less of a risk than lucas). This is an awesome match up though

And by the way its obvious schaeffer really wants to beef up this card because Alexander seems to be intent on stinking absolutely everyone out, fuck being the undercard this should be headlining.

I agree with you about Danny having the bigger following but fans would call Garcia vs Mayweather a cherrypick fight. Matthysse is older, has been around, a little bit more polished than Danny, some people feel hes been avoided, and Showtime loves him. We already heard Broner say last night hes moving up after Burns and he wants Danny. Ive always said the only one that can cockblock Matthysse from Danny is Broner.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 23 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 23 2013, 11:40 AM) *
I agree with you about Danny having the bigger following but fans would call Garcia vs Mayweather a cherrypick fight. Matthysse is older, has been around, a little bit more polished than Danny, some people feel hes been avoided, and Showtime loves him. We already heard Broner say last night hes moving up after Burns and he wants Danny. Ive always said the only one that can cockblock Matthysse from Danny is Broner.

Lmao. I concur, broner is less risk for Danny than mayweather or matthysse and the Garcia camp doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get a pay day, the look like they want to build a brand and be around for a while.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 23 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 23 2013, 10:04 AM) *
Lmao. I concur, broner is less risk for Danny than mayweather or matthysse and the Garcia camp doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get a pay day, the look like they want to build a brand and be around for a while.

Where you and I disagree is I dont believe Danny is scared of Matthysse. He has to deal with suits like Haymon and Shafer. These guys can sell diseased fish to Long John Silvers lol. Broner vs Garcia is a PPV fight. Once they offer Danny those $ signs he will have no choice but to bite. Most fighters dont run their own carreers. Its the suits that call the shots and make the desicions.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Feb 23 2013, 12:45 PM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

Hope this gets made, I like Matthysse in this one.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 23 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I posted the article source in the Peterson-Holt thread last night, the article which Schaefer said it is originally from The Ring website. I hope GB is serious about making this matchup because in a span of less than 24hrs, boxing fans, trainers, even fighters are already picking who they think would come out victorious

With that said, if Schaefer can make this fight happen then that's another win for us boxing fans. And like Check said, this is your main event fight right here. Devon shows flashes of ring brilliance but he seems content just to grunt like he's having an orgasm and getting the W lol

In no way should this fight play 2nd fiddle to any match involving Devon. It's truly a 50/50 fight in my mid but I think Lamont's defense will play a factor in this one... As far as a Mayweather shot, I doubt and hope that doesn't happen. But then again this is boxing and in this sport, hell has froze over many times

@Dolimite, you know there is no way that Peterson will fight Marquez, he's contractually obligated to GB now. That fight likely will never happen

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 23 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 23 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Where you and I disagree is I dont believe Danny is scared of Matthysse. He has to deal with suits like Haymon and Shafer. These guys can sell diseased fish to Long John Silvers lol. Broner vs Garcia is a PPV fight. Once they offer Danny those $ signs he will have no choice but to bite. Most fighters dont run their own carreers. Its the suits that call the shots and make the desicions.

So true, I hope a lot of these fighters wise up and start controlling their own destiny

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 24 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 23 2013, 11:18 AM) *
I think Peterson should fight JMM. That would be something. Matthysse needs to fight Marcos and get it over with. Actually I would love to see Matthysse fight Khan. That would be fire works. I do believe that Peterson and Khan need to rematch each other!

From what I understand, they fought in the amateurs (for the Olympic squad, I do believe) and Maidana beat him a couple of times.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:56 PM