IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Bundrange vs. Smith, No New Threads, Duplicate Streams, or Discussion of NBC Sports Card
Jack 1000
post Feb 23 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

The IBF Jr Middleweight Title is on the line tonight between Cornelius Bundrage and Ishe Smith. All comments here.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 23 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Jack thank you for starting this thread!

I am actually excited about this fight. Most of Mayweather's fighters will be featured tonight and I am curious will he give an interview during the fights? I haven't seen Ishe Smith fight before but I have seen K-9 and well he has holes in his game but he can punch. I am not sure who has the advantage. K9 is hitting 40 and Ishe is trying to be the first Las Vegas born champion. The story lines are great and the fiasco at the weigh ins will spill over in the ring. I am ready to see Love take his place in his division. I am pulling for Smith just because I want to see a first time Las Vegas born champ and Love, they both seem like good guys. Hell team TMT! But then again this is boxing and K9 already said that the boss was next so that should add fuel to the fire.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 23 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

One of those fights I'll probably watch just because nothing else is on. I kinda like Bundrage, I think he wins tonite, but see him as the most vulnerable champ at 154. I think he could have done better than Ishe Smith... Where was Kirkland, Angulo, Molina when the network picked Smith?

If Shane Mosley wanted to pick up an easy belt at 154, he shoulda picked Bundrage. If Shane cant beat Bundrage, then he should truly retire. Bundrage is gonna try to bang, he's not gonna hide and he's vulnerable. Thats a match that Mosley could have won.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 23 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

For some reason I like Smith in this one

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 23 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Im looking forward to getting another look at JLeon Love. I think hes Mayweathers best prospect.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Both of these guys are bullies, in their own respective ways. I like Ishe in this one, he's shown a lot of poise over the past year or so, and he's more disciplined at this point of his career.

It's something about K-9 when he fights nowadays, it's almost like he's thinking of the next big opponent (that he'll never get) while he's across the ring from his present challenge. I know that he always goes for the knockout, but he seems to be serially pissing his way through fight s nowadays....that could play into his demise tonight.

Maybe it's father time first, then the possibility of not getting those big fights, that actually drives him to fight the way he does nowadays. It's almost like he's thinking, "Okay, this is my last shot. If I don't win, then I'm out of the rat race for good". He's always been a "go for the KO" fighter, but he was more poised back then.

I guess this fight will come down to patience and timing, and with that in mind, I'll give it to Ishe by decision, or MAYBE he catches K-9 coming in (somewhere around the 7th). Both guys know how to make it a dog fight, but K-9 gets gassed waaaay too quick, and Ishe still has the tendency to get hit with unnecessary shots...gladly, those shots came from guys who couldn't punch.

Ishe keeps the intelligent pressure on him, closes the distance, and possibly stops K-9 based on K-9 wearing himself out and not seeing a punch coming.

PS: I wonder if Ishe will go to the body.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Floyd is probably putting too much pressure on Love, by talking to him during the introductions.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Ooooweeee...

Findley looks like he don't give a fuuuuck.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Love had a great round, sticking the jab and all.

Findley is swole as hell! Lol. I've seen him fight, but I cant remember who it was.

I had no idea Floyd was training Love, or is it just for this fight?

Nice look

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 23 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Love had a great round, sticking the jab and all.

Findley is swole as hell! Lol. I've seen him fight, but I cant remember who it was.

I had no idea Floyd was training Love, or is it just for this fight?

Nice look

Roger is his trainer but for some reason he couldn't make it. It's definitely interesting to see Floyd "cornering" a fight. He did say that he was getting into it but I had no idea it was this soon.

I've seen Findley fight before but I can't remember any of his opponents but he is a solid fighter.... Love needs to keep jabbing but he's measuring that right hand, if Findley sees it he can capitalize off of it. He makes the same motion every time before he throws the right hand

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:48 PM