IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Bundrange vs. Smith, No New Threads, Duplicate Streams, or Discussion of NBC Sports Card
checkleft
post Feb 24 2013, 12:43 AM
Post #101

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 11:53 PM) *
No I don't think he could beat Molina but I hope them 2 don't fight because that would be like watching Devon Alexander shadow box lol

Hahaha. You guys are killing it, it Fucking comedy night in here or something?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 24 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #102

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 24 2013, 12:37 AM) *
Naw, Shelly, that wasn't it....it referenced the Shoney's thread in there, but wasn't the actual thread.

Here it is...I edited the post, probably after you read it.

To my surprise, we talked about that shit more than once, but this is the official thread. lol

My bad.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 24 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #103

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 23 2013, 11:43 PM) *

We're only working with what these fighters are giving us hahaha

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 24 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #104

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Great night of boxing...we got some technical rounds, rough rounds, dirty rounds, and a bunch of airtime from Floyd while Showtime does their pimp walk after the new deal.

Nice mash-up...kinda reminds me of an after-the-club morning at a Shoney's buffet.

Ahhhh. Memories of Shoney's late at night...

Mosely can get a belt at 154. He can beat Smith. Someone also mentioned Cotto... Yup, him too. Shit a guy like Bradley may be able to move up and pitter pat Smith to a decision. Pacquiao too... Ishe is suddenly a wanted man with crosshairs on his chest. Kudos to him for gutting it out. I'm happy for him and hope he makes the most of his title. He has always had potetntial. maybe the title will change some things in him...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 24 2013, 01:07 AM
Post #105

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 24 2013, 12:43 AM) *

Man Chi and Noles are putting it all out there tonight, lol. Just another day in the office for us...especially the creep posts about a fighter's significant other. Hell, K-9's chick DOES need to be consoled in this time of career disaster for her husband...one at a time...me first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 24 2013, 01:05 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Here we go!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 24 2013, 03:31 AM
Post #106

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 10:34 PM) *
Great night of boxing...we got some technical rounds, rough rounds, dirty rounds, and a bunch of airtime from Floyd while Showtime does their pimp walk after the new deal.

Nice mash-up...kinda reminds me of an after-the-club morning at a Shoney's buffet.

Evenly matched good, but sloppy fight! It's like both of them had these little 10-15 punch hard shot spurts and each gassed and waited to reload. First fight was better, but I think those scorecards were pre-filled out against Findley like that. Ref was Sam Williams. (Bundrange-Smith.) He has done fights in Michigan for awhile. Frank Garza is the other big name for Michigan fight refs. I had it 7-4-1 for Smith. Or maybe 8-3-1, scored in my head. (Made the first round even cuz of the point deduction.)

Smith vs. Corey Spinks? "Battle of the Criers" "When it Rains....It Pours!" LOL! That could be the tag for that fight! hahahaha!

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 24 2013, 08:37 AM
Post #107

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I know I am late with my response...late night

Showtime: Loved the energy from the announcers it seemed like everyone was hyped and excited to be there. When they called the fights they actually sounded like fans and not critics of the fighters. The energy was so much different than HBO. Watching HBO is like listening to three Simon Cowells. I always enjoy the Magic Man's commentary. Joe Cortez was even interesting. Good show from Showtime

Mayweather: Loved how he hyped up his fighters. He talked more about his fighters than he did his own fight. I did appreciate that. I have no idea what kind of instruction he was giving Love but it seemed to work. I really hope Roger gets better. It was also cool how he said his dad, Roger and Jeff would all be in his corner, outstanding! He showed maturity, he didn't have a lot of bling on he just looked like a fan of the sport a promoter trying to build his fighters. This is the Floyd I love listening to and watching.

J Love: Finely pressured this guy and used some dirty tactics but he kept his cool and stayed with the game plan. I was actually thinking this is how the Guerrero Mayweather fight may look. Love showed discipline and poise in the ring. I think he needs to work on his ring generalship a little more but he had a hard test and he passed. I want to see him stay active and improve all around, he has a nice future, he will get better. Loved the support that his family and fans gave.

Ishe Smith: He stayed focused and never got flustered. He keep pounding away looking for his shots and started landing them at the right time. I did at times think he could of cut the ring off and fight in the middle of the ring more. He finally used his jab to set up his offense. Loved the post interview after the fight. Yes he cried and nearly killed his son but I understand, the moment was a lot and he had been through hell and back. I so appreciate seeing things like that. He will continue to improve good fight and congrats Las Vegas for having your first champ. He gave a shout out to Vernon Forrest and Chico, I thought that was great.

K9: WTF! You are losing a fight but you chose to talk crap in the middle of getting your butt whipped? Then he was jumping all over the place swinging out of control just a terrible way to fight. Terrible. He should had fought a smarter fight instead of jumping around. I think he gassed out toward the end from all that jumping around and wild swinging.

Great night for boxing!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 24 2013, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Feb 24 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #108

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

To be honest, I fell asleep in the middle of the K9 Ishe fight. Woke up for the last few rounds. I am going to have to look at it again on the DVR, but that was horrible. Even though they started to engage more, K9 was looping and lunging and Ishe would not let his right hand go and punish him for it. Fight could have been over a lot sooner if he had done so. I just dont see Ishe holding that belt very long if he is going to be that timid in the ring. Hell, if I am Canelo, Ishe is on my radar to pick up a belt is he doesnt get the September date with Floyd.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 24 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #109

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 24 2013, 01:05 AM) *

Mosely can get a belt at 154. He can beat Smith. Someone also mentioned Cotto... Yup, him too. Shit a guy like Bradley may be able to move up and pitter pat Smith to a decision. Pacquiao too... Ishe is suddenly a wanted man with crosshairs on his chest. Kudos to him for gutting it out. I'm happy for him and hope he makes the most of his title. He has always had potetntial. maybe the title will change some things in him...

Mr.Factor 'bout to get us crunk or stomach rumbling again!!!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 24 2013, 12:58 PM
Post #110

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 24 2013, 07:37 AM) *
I know I am late with my response...late night

Showtime: Loved the energy from the announcers it seemed like everyone was hyped and excited to be there. When they called the fights they actually sounded like fans and not critics of the fighters. The energy was so much different than HBO. Watching HBO is like listening to three Simon Cowells. I always enjoy the Magic Man's commentary. Joe Cortez was even interesting. Good show from Showtime

Mayweather: Loved how he hyped up his fighters. He talked more about his fighters than he did his own fight. I did appreciate that. I have no idea what kind of instruction he was giving Love but it seemed to work. I really hope Roger gets better. It was also cool how he said his dad, Roger and Jeff would all be in his corner, outstanding! He showed maturity, he didn't have a lot of bling on he just looked like a fan of the sport a promoter trying to build his fighters. This is the Floyd I love listening to and watching.

J Love: Finely pressured this guy and used some dirty tactics but he kept his cool and stayed with the game plan. I was actually thinking this is how the Guerrero Mayweather fight may look. Love should discipline and poise in the ring. I think he needs to work on his ring generalship a little more but he had a hard test and he passed. I want to see him stay active and improve all around, he has a nice feature, he will get better. Loved the support that his family and fans gave.

Ishe Smith: He stayed focused and never got flustered. He keep pounding away looking for his shots and started landing them at the right time. I did at times think he could of cut the ring off and fight in the middle of the ring more. He finally used his jab to set up his offense. Loved the post interview after the fight. Yes he cried and nearly killed his son but I understand, the moment was a lot and he had been through hell and back. I so appreciate seeing things like that. He will continue to improve good fight and congrats Las Vegas for having your first champ. He gave a shout out to Vernon Forrest and Chico, I thought that was great.

K9: WTF! You are losing a fight but you chose to talk crap in the middle of getting your butt whipped? Then he was jumping all over the place swinging out of control just a terrible way to fight. Terrible. He should had fought a smarter fight instead of jumping around. I think he gassed out toward the end from all that jumping around and wild swinging.

Great night for boxing!

Good call! The Showtime crew, more professional than HBO. We still had two ordinaries for a title which made the fight good, but sloppy. I don't neither are good enough to be world champions, but such as the state with four federation belts, Smith got something. I don't think he is gonna hold the title very long. I scored in my head, and like I said, I think I had it 7-4-1 or maybe 8-3-1, which was close to the judges. (Well, two if of them.) I liked how the commentators had different and diverse scorecards instead of the commentator and color guy, Teddy, "I know I know everything" (NOT!) and Joe "Testicle!"

Commentators in giving their scores SHOULD disagree from time to time. It makes watching the experiance more interesting. Especially when they don't swing from the nuts of Jim Lamply and PUNCHSTAT. What was cool is that they used the statistical profile at the end of the fight as a tool to show how each fighter did, but they didn't do an HBO thing and make love to the software!

Jack

PS. Who's a better crier? Corey "Stinks" or Smith?

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:48 PM