IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> J'Leon Love, Floyd's MW Prospect (What did you think of him)??
BrutUalBK
post Feb 24 2013, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

From what I saw tonight of Love, it appears he does have the wrinkles but not all of them. Love IMO did not box very well and he made many mistakes that I see needed some immediate correction and for all the boxing experience that Floyd Jr has it appears he was not telling him the necessary corrections he needed in that fight to be more highly effective.

J'Leon went willing to the ropes from the mere pressure/presence of Findley coming forward without even throwing punches, he never used the uppercut enough as the shorter man (Findley) rushed in with his head down, he didn't double his jab nor did he use it enough throughout the fight and often he fought down to the height of his opponent.

Still and all I think he did gain a valuable source of experience from this fight and will be better for it but he will definitely have to step it up on the learning curve if he's gonna wanna compete at the highest levels and face the likes of the Martinez's and maybe even move up to face the Ward's of the divisions.

Your thoughts??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:23 PM