Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mayweather Promotions
mitukczuk
post Feb 24 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

This topic can possibly be merged with the J'eon Love one.

What do you think about Mayweather Promotions after its successful night with all fighters winning and one earning a world title? I know there was a lot of suspicion surrounding MP - Its survivability, management, success. Although we can't give a definite answers after one great night for the stable, I think it shows that they are onto something to say the least.

I feel like they really care about their fighters and that there is a lot of potential. Of course, all companies are like that before the money start talking, but I don't know. Just have that feeling and I am curious about the future of Mayweather Promotions.

P.S. Sad to hear uncle Roger is still not doing well.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Feb 24 2013, 09:25 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Feb 24 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I don't know if he'll ever get the big name fighters but I think what he's doing for the sport is phenomenal. Ishe represents the guys who never seem to get a shot to actually win in the sport, even if they do get title shot. Guys like him and Stevie Forbes, that become the middle men gate keeper to bigger fights for stars being built up. I won't try to sound like Nostradamus but I knew he'd beat K9. K9 is more physically gifted but he isn't nearly as skilled. I like what Floyd is doing because, under the big name promoters. Ishe would have took an L and probably lost a controversial decision.

Floyd is often playing the role of a-hole. This is the side of Floyd I wish they'd show more. The guy who genuinely seems to care about bringing up boxers with potential, regardless of their marketability. A promoter who genuinely seemed to care about his fighter's triumph because he's happy for the guy...not because it means more money in the future for him.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Feb 24 2013, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 24 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 24 2013, 12:24 PM) *
I don't know if he'll ever get the big name fighters but I think what he's doing for the sport is phenomenal. Ishe represents the guys who never seem to get a shot to actually win in the sport, even if they do get title shot. Guys like him and Stevie Forbes, that become the middle men gate keeper to bigger fights for stars being built up. I won't try to sound like Nostradamus but I knew he'd beat K9. K9 is more physically gifted but he isn't nearly as skilled. I like what Floyd is doing because, under the big name promoters. Ishe would have took an L and probably lost a controversial decision.

Floyd is often playing the role of a-hole. This is the side of Floyd I wish they'd show more. The guy who genuinely seems to care about bringing up boxers with potential, regardless of their marketability. A promoter who genuinely seemed to care about his fighter's triumph because he's happy for the guy...not because it means more money in the future for him.

Good point. Excellent point. Mayweather Promotions is on its way but they need some Late teens early 20's young talent. Like Broner/Canelo/Velez/Charlo Twins age group. The young fighters are the ones that are the foundation of promotional company. He just needs to be careful not to sign any flops. But i like the route they took with Ishe Smith. Giving old talent thats been taken advantage of or overlooked throughout the years opportunities that have been stolen from them. If they approach a young amateur demographic and an old professional demographic then i think they will make it far. I just hope Mayweather Promotions and TopRank could work together one day.

I think Floyd is starting to get tired of playing that role. he's been doing it for the past 16 years of his career. With the Cotto fight we've seen how much he's calmed down, and Pacs dumbass defamation lawsuit (WHO THE FUCK SUES FOR DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER AS A FIGHTER? FIGHTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO TALK SHIT SMFH) hushed Floyd up. He doesnt want to lose anymore money than he already has and his kids are getting older. His career is closing in. He has to represent himself in a way that will guarantee him other business ventures.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Feb 24 2013, 01:10 PM

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:55 PM