IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Do you agree with Freddie??, Running??
BrutUalBK
post Feb 26 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Why is it that whenever a fighter doesn't just simply stand there/go toe to toe with Pac or any of Roach's fighters he says it's running? The last I checked the sport is called "Boxing" not brawling, the art of hitting without being hit is being re-defined by Roach and all of those who follow Pac. Do you agree with this statement or with a fighter who is actually Boxing being called a Runner??

“I’ve heard Bradley say he’s going to take the fight to Ruslan. He said the same thing before his fight with Manny. And when he feels Ruslan’s power, like when he felt Manny’s, it’s going to be a remake of Forrest Gump. ‘Run, Timmy, run!’ This isn’t about Ruslan finishing what Manny started. It’s about duplicating it.”

Source: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/freddie-ro...373#more-174373
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
bnoles4life
post Feb 26 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 26 2013, 06:50 PM) *
Why is it that whenever a fighter doesn't just simply stand there/go toe to toe with Pac or any of Roach's fighters he says it's running? The last I checked the sport is called "Boxing" not brawling, the art of hitting without being hit is being re-defined by Roach and all of those who follow Pac. Do you agree with this statement or with a fighter who is actually Boxing being called a Runner??

“I’ve heard Bradley say he’s going to take the fight to Ruslan. He said the same thing before his fight with Manny. And when he feels Ruslan’s power, like when he felt Manny’s, it’s going to be a remake of Forrest Gump. ‘Run, Timmy, run!’ This isn’t about Ruslan finishing what Manny started. It’s about duplicating it.”

Source: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/freddie-ro...373#more-174373

Bradley didn't run in that fight, by no stretch of the imagination.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

it's gamesmanship on freddies part. he's planting the seeds. i doubt bradley will fall for this...but the judges and public just may. we know hbo will be on freddies side.

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Feb 26 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

Freddie the frog forgot that Bradley was fighting on a bad knee and ankle. Did he win? No. Did he fight? Yes.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 26 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 07:53 PM) *
it's gamesmanship on freddies part. he's planting the seeds. i doubt bradley will fall for this...but the judges and public just may. we know hbo will be on freddies side.

Look at the gamesman ship on Diaz's part though...

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...3#ixzz2M3aAu8RI

“It don’t bother me at all. If you’re a winner, you got the right to say whatever you want. Floyd Mayweather, he’s a winner [so] he can talk all he wants and he has all the right to because he keeps winning. But when you lose every fight the previous year? when you get [Jorge] Linares beat, when you get [Amir] Khan beat, when you get Pacquiao knocked out and every other one of your fighters and then you go help the Olympic team and nobody gets a gold medal? – all he wants is attention”
“It doesn’t bother me. Hey, I’ll see Freddie Roach that night and he better bring his A game if he has a game. I got to feel a little sympathy for him as last year wasn’t a good year for him but if he wants attention we’ll give it to him. Maybe I’ll lend him a shoulder to cry on one of these days but for now, he has Provodnikov and I have Bradley”.

Ether..

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Feb 26 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

Diaz shut that down quick. lol

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 26 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Feb 26 2013, 07:53 PM) *
Freddie the frog forgot that Bradley was fighting on a bad knee and ankle. Did he win? No. Did he fight? Yes.

I thought he won even with a bad knee. Too bad Pac is too scared to rematch Bradley so we'd see TIm make it more obvious the 2nd time around.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 26 2013, 09:01 PM) *

“It don’t bother me at all. If you’re a winner, you got the right to say whatever you want. Floyd Mayweather, he’s a winner [so] he can talk all he wants and he has all the right to because he keeps winning. But when you lose every fight the previous year? when you get [Jorge] Linares beat, when you get [Amir] Khan beat, when you get Pacquiao knocked out and every other one of your fighters and then you go help the Olympic team and nobody gets a gold medal? – all he wants is attention”
“It doesn’t bother me. Hey, I’ll see Freddie Roach that night and he better bring his A game if he has a game. I got to feel a little sympathy for him as last year wasn’t a good year for him but if he wants attention we’ll give it to him. Maybe I’ll lend him a shoulder to cry on one of these days but for now, he has Provodnikov and I have Bradley”.

Ether..

ouch. lmao! daaaayum. check mate. that was brutal.

on a different note....if i see one more dude throwing punches with his mouth wide open asking for his jaw to be broken....

(IMG:http://fightnews.com/Boxing/provodnikov_wildcard680.jpg)

smh.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 26 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 26 2013, 09:01 PM) *

Ether..

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

How did he "feel Manny's power", when half of Manny's punches didn't even land? Besides, it's not like Timmy had to worry about being hit for 2 or 2 1/2 mins anyway...because Manny only threw punches for the last 30-60 seconds of every round.

With that big Koopa Troopa dome of Timmy's, it's gonna take more than a few left hands to make it spin. Get the heck outta here Roach! How can man run, when his ankles are all jacked up?

Gotta respect the trash talk though...this fight has already gone under the radar, but hell, we are talking about a Bradley fight here.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:47 AM