IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HBO2 Will Show Two World Title Fights Live From China, Saturday, April 6th 2PM (ET)
Jack 1000
post Apr 5 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #11

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 5 2013, 08:23 PM) *
Wow, just.....WOW!!....this is an unproven cat they pushing on us and I know they gon play up the Olympic angle but what pisses me off is that they just jumped on the Andre ward bandwagon when he proved himself over at Showtime. HBO is like a misguided parent and we the fans are the kids who have to take care of them to get them to get their shit straight

Exactly,

Maybe I will be wrong about this and this will just be the opening match. But what I heard is that they are pom-poming this Olympic Gold winner like he is the second coming over there and HBO is of course feeding right into that con game. It's like the execs are crying and all panicky because they lost Floyd and Oscar's Golden Boy fighters to Showtime, so now it's like ram some unproven Olympian down the throats of the public because "WAAAAAAAA Floyd and Oscar won't let us play in their sandbox anymore!" HBO execs pouting! "Those ingrates! We built that sandbox for them! It's not fair, it's not fair!!!!!"

The whole thing is the spoiled child syndrome, so I'm taking my ball and bat and going home mentality. And this is the result of that. Would HBO be doing this card if Floyd and Oscar were still doing business with them? I don't think so!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 09:28 AM