IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Cloud vs. Hopkins-Preview (Who Wins? Vote in The Poll!), Can We Expect The Unexpected?
Who Wins Hopkins vs. Cloud?
Who Wins This Fight?
Hopkins by Dec (Close) [ 6 ] ** [46.15%]
Hopkins by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [7.69%]
Cloud by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [23.08%]
Cloud by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Hopkins by TKO/KO [ 1 ] ** [7.69%]
Cloud by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [15.38%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 13

Jack 1000
post Mar 3 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Another Title Fight for Bernard Hopkins, this time it's Hopkins vs. Cloud for Cloud's IBF Light-Heavyweight Title. Most of us remember Cloud as getting the shit beaten out of him by Gabriel Campillo on a Don King show, only for King's fighter to get a terrible decision win. Cloud still owes Campillo a rematch, but that's beside the point.

I am not impressed with Cloud, he has power, but can be hit, and Bernard will rough him up and make him work, but King's fighter will get the close rounds, and maybe some rounds that aren't close anyway in a lot of mauling grabbing, ugly shit from Hopkins, who has resorted to dirty fighting and fouling more and more to extend his legacy. Bernard will probably lose around 115-113, 117-110 and 116-112 unanimously, call everybody racist, and storm of like a spoiled child to his dressing room like a kid who just got told he can't have the last piece of cake before supper. This fight will be boring and ugly, at least on paper.

Also,, bashing King's fighters historically does not give a fighter justice on the scorecards. However, I have a feeling that the decision will be fair. Hopkins just not doing enough, and the need by fighting ugly in spots to make it competitive.

Or, does Executioner pull a rabbit out of his ass one last time and give us a Pascal II type performance? The fight on which Bernard should have retired and could have gone out highly respected and praised. When Bernard wins, he can be good guy.

Boring fight? Average to OK fight? Or something more? Can Bernard create excitment again?

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 3 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I thought Hopkins would take it tbh. If he can control the pace I'd say the wins as good as there

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 3 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 3 2013, 02:54 PM) *
Another Title Fight for Bernard Hopkins, this time it's Hopkins vs. Cloud for Cloud's IBF Light-Heavyweight Title. Most of us remember Cloud as getting the shit beaten out of him by Gabriel Campillo on a Don King show, only for King's fighter to get a terrible decision win. Cloud still owes Campillo a rematch, but that's beside the point.

I am not impressed with Cloud, he has power, but can be hit, and Bernard will rough him up and make him work, but King's fighter will get the close rounds, and maybe some rounds that aren't close anyway in a lot of mauling grabbing, ugly shit from Hopkins, who has resorted to dirty fighting and fouling more and more to extend his legacy. Bernard will probably lose around 115-113, 117-110 and 116-112 unanimously, call everybody racist, and storm of like a spoiled child to his dressing room like a kid who just got told he can't have the last piece of cake before supper. This fight will be boring and ugly, at least on paper.

Also,, bashing King's fighters historically does not give a fighter justice on the scorecards. However, I have a feeling that the decision will be fair. Hopkins just not doing enough, and the need by fighting ugly in spots to make it competitive.

Or, does Executioner pull a rabbit out of his ass one last time and give us a Pascal II type performance? The fight on which Bernard should have retired and could have gone out highly respected and praised. When Bernard wins, he can be good guy.

Boring fight? Average to OK fight? Or something more? Can Bernard create excitment again?

Jack

Well, I believe that he will pull off the kind of performance he did vs Pavlik though not as easy/dramatic. It appears that those who dislike Hopkins tends to say the things like you stated in your opening paragraph about the dirty tactics, extending the legacy and other crap but I for one don't boil BHop's career/legacy down to those simple-minded things.

BHop has nothing to prove in this fight, win or lose all he has to do is hang and he will get credit but the young Cloud is the one who has the pressure and has to prove that he has learned from the Campillo fight of which we all can agree that Camp was totally robbed.

DK's judges won't matter in this bout because I'm certain that GBP has already done their homework on who will be judging this contest and they're not having any of that crap they seem King pull off in that Campillo fight.

Hop's by UD

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 4 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Cloud better get ready for his first L. Even though it should be hi second. He has problems with fighters who can move in the ring, Campillo gave him fits, he is a muscular fighter and he's definitely a power puncher but he needs to be matched carefully for him to win. He has 1 speed and that's straight ahead. I noticed that he's tired late in some fights to, maybe that's why Abel Sanchez had him training in big bear. Bernard jas to just fight his fight and set traps for Cloud. I don't think Cloud will hols up with a master technician like Bernard. Hopkins will dictate the pace and put on a clinic to get the W

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 4 2013, 12:14 AM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 3 2013, 11:04 PM) *
Cloud better get ready for his first L. Even though it should be hi second. He has problems with fighters who can move in the ring, Campillo gave him fits, he is a muscular fighter and he's definitely a power puncher but he needs to be matched carefully for him to win. He has 1 speed and that's straight ahead. I noticed that he's tired late in some fights to, maybe that's why Abel Sanchez had him training in big bear. Bernard jas to just fight his fight and set traps for Cloud. I don't think Cloud will hols up with a master technician like Bernard. Hopkins will dictate the pace and put on a clinic to get the W

I'm developing more interest in this fight! I'll still take Cloud's youth over Hopkins age, The world knows that Hopkins is 500% more experienced than Cloud, but he's got to get old sometime. I think Cloud knows deep down he lost that Campillo fight and will be ready for this to get the win! BUT, it's not gonna be because Cloud suddenly got skilled to win. Hopkins would have mopped the floor with Cloud even five years ago.

Not a fan of Bernard's personality, but as a prime fighter at Middleweight you got to respect his accomplishments. A shame he and Hagler were not in the same era as a fight between them would have been great! At any rate. Cloud wins because this time, Hopkins has FINALLY gotten too old.

Adding a poll and pinning up! You guys that previously posted, can vote!

Jack

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 4 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Cloud d12. The spawn of Marvin Gaye is ready to be the busier guy for 12 rounds and win a clear decision only disputed by Hopkins.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 4 2013, 07:22 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 3 2013, 11:14 PM) *
I'm developing more interest in this fight! I'll still take Cloud's youth over Hopkins age, The world knows that Hopkins is 500% more experienced than Cloud, but he's got to get old sometime. I think Cloud knows deep down he lost that Campillo fight and will be ready for this to get the win! BUT, it's not gonna be because Cloud suddenly got skilled to win. Hopkins would have mopped the floor with Cloud even five years ago.

Not a fan of Bernard's personality, but as a prime fighter at Middleweight you got to respect his accomplishments. A shame he and Hagler were not in the same era as a fight between them would have been great! At any rate. Cloud wins because this time, Hopkins has FINALLY gotten too old.

Adding a poll and pinning up! You guys that previously posted, can vote!

Jack

Cloud is just too limited to me. Hopkins is 48 and can move in the ring and Cloud has big trouble with fighters who don't stand and trade with him. He's gon life ad death too many times for me to pick him over BHop. Glen Johnson gave him a run, Campillo beat him and there's a couple of other fights where I've seen him pull out wins that realistically could go either way. I just hope both put on a show, but if I was betting money on this fight I wouldn't put it on Pascal lite

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 5 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Now, if only Cloud could avoid a jab to save his life...oh the mystery we'd have in store for this one!

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 5 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

I say Hopkins.. 8 rounds to 4, with several of those very close.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 6 2013, 05:51 AM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Cloud, at least I'm hoping. BHop just doesn't do enough anymore, offense-wise. Cloud can be hit, but he's strong as an ox, it will be a bit more difficult BHop to clinch all of the time and most definitely, it will take some significant energy to do so. That being said, Cloud hasn't fought in a while, so I'm sure he'll pull another Campillo-like performance. F*ck, I wish B Hop would ride off into the sunset.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:59 PM