IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Cloud vs. Hopkins-Preview (Who Wins? Vote in The Poll!), Can We Expect The Unexpected?
Who Wins Hopkins vs. Cloud?
Who Wins This Fight?
Hopkins by Dec (Close) [ 6 ] ** [46.15%]
Hopkins by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [7.69%]
Cloud by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [23.08%]
Cloud by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Hopkins by TKO/KO [ 1 ] ** [7.69%]
Cloud by TKO/KO [ 2 ] ** [15.38%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 13

Jack 1000
post Mar 6 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #11

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

WOW!

Bleacher Report picks CLOUD by TKO 10!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1556113...ris-cloud-fight

Any here's some funny trash-talk from Cloud. He calls Hopkins fights "Snoozefests." (ESPN)

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/boxing/po...are-snoozefests

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

cloud is going to be the first person to ever stop him.

a lot of ppl were fooled by his poor performance with campillo. ppl forget that campillo was a last minute replacement and the original opponent was orthodox not southpaw. cloud has a better trainer and has trained in big bear for this fight. bhop and everyone else is underestimating this kid.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 6 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

didn't bhop do this for the dawson fight too?

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 7 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #14

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2013, 05:37 PM) *
cloud is going to be the first person to ever stop him.

a lot of ppl were fooled by his poor performance with campillo. ppl forget that campillo was a last minute replacement and the original opponent was orthodox not southpaw. cloud has a better trainer and has trained in big bear for this fight. bhop and everyone else is underestimating this kid.

Oh yeah... what round you see a stoppage?

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 7 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

I just don't see Cloud beating, much less stopping B-Hop. I just can't.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I honestly see this as a 40/40/20 bout. 40% in Hopkins' favor, 40% in Cloud's favor, and a 20% chance of some fuckery taking place.

At this stage of Bernard's career, his reflexes have slowed down a bit. If you remember the first Pascal fight, that will probably be the same Hopkins that we see this weekend. He was even stunned in the rematch a couple of times, but never went down.

If Cloud is able to catch him and hurt him, then he'll be able to finish him. At the same time, Cloud isn't that fast, and straight punches aren't his style...maybe because of the muscles. If he catches Hopkins coming in, with an overhand punch, then we'll see the old man go down.

Bernard on the other hand, is a bully himself. Both guys are bullies on their own respective terms. I don't see Cloud doing shit on the inside, and that's where we'll Hopkins rough him up. Their WILL BE blood.

Cloud isn't able to maintain a disciplined gameplan (of a boxer) for 12 whole rounds, so if he doesn't Hopkins within 6 rounds, then his mind and body will part ways as we see Hopkins control the fight down the stretch. Anyhow, Cloud by close decision. All aspects of this fight will resemble Hopkins/Pascal I.

PS: Cant wait for Thurman/Zaveck

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 7 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #17

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 12:35 PM) *
I honestly see this as a 40/40/20 bout. 40% in Hopkins' favor, 40% in Cloud's favor, and a 20% chance of some fuckery taking place.

At this stage of Bernard's career, his reflexes have slowed down a bit. If you remember the first Pascal fight, that will probably be the same Hopkins that we see this weekend. He was even stunned in the rematch a couple of times, but never went down.

If Cloud is able to catch him and hurt him, then he'll be able to finish him. At the same time, Cloud isn't that fast, and straight punches aren't his style...maybe because of the muscles. If he catches Hopkins coming in, with an overhand punch, then we'll see the old man go down.

Bernard on the other hand, is a bully himself. Both guys are bullies on their own respective terms. I don't see Cloud doing shit on the inside, and that's where we'll Hopkins rough him up. Their WILL BE blood.

Cloud isn't able to maintain a disciplined gameplan (of a boxer) for 12 whole rounds, so if he doesn't Hopkins within 6 rounds, then his mind and body will part ways as we see Hopkins control the fight down the stretch. Anyhow, Cloud by close decision. All aspects of this fight will resemble Hopkins/Pascal I.

Good points,

I think much depends on how well Cloud can adjust to Bernard's smart fighting and rough-house tactics in recent years, if things aren't going his way. If he can, Cloud can win, but if Cloud gets frustrated for the first six rounds, I don't think he is going to be able to setting into a pattern for the last six. If Travoris can't establish a gameplan pattern, than Bernard wins. Age of Hopkins is still a negative factor, as is Cloud's lack of experience in big fights. Both can be hit, both can go down, but Hopkins has more tricks in his magic hat that he can use. Cloud doesn't have that magic hat. The other factor is Hopkins getting to old to do anything with his magic hat.

Max Kellerman made a good point that when you watch Hopkins now, it's not really for exciting fights anymore, but it's "can the old man do something unexpected again?" (When the odds are against him.)

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 7 2013, 12:44 AM) *
Oh yeah... what round you see a stoppage?

late rounds of course. i should know better....because bhop has proven me wrong more than once. i thought pascal would beat him. i got that wrong...but pascal did drop bhop and hurt him more than once. if cloud drops him or hurts him....he's gonna finish him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 7 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 01:35 PM) *

very good points and i agree on most. i think cloud is the younger stronger bully. if he can beat bhop to the punch (with the bullying) or answer bhops bullying with stronger more forceful bullying...it's going to be over for bhop.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 8 2013, 04:08 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

The only thing that saddens me is that there is nothing in for Cloud. I don't particularly like him but there realy is nothing for him if he wins the fight. BHop is old. He is competitive, a legend but old and doesn't bear anything else than a name...again...old name. Tavoris is expected to beat him. If he doesn't his career is at stake, if he does beat Bhop, he beat an old man. I really don't see why he agreed to fight him.

The fight itself will look like the Bhop/Pascal I as many people here have already predicted. Young lion will try to chase and muscle out the old king of the jungle who himself still has some tricks up his sleeve. But I don't know.....I like Bhop and I will be rooting for him (We can't forget about this man rewriting history) hoping the fight will be watchable without any Hopkins/Jones II bullshit. Either way, Hopkins will make it competitive enough to make the public and more importantly himself believe he still can fight. He will not retire unless KO a la Pacman occurs.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Mar 8 2013, 04:45 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 02:39 AM