IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WHY DOESN'T AMERICA CELEBRATE HOPKINS?, Before the doping Armstrong was heraleded!!
anthonyaccurate
post Mar 19 2013, 05:01 AM
Post #61

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,772

To anyone discrediting b-hop for beating cloud as it pertains to his skill level, did you discredit Tyson for beating
Berbick when he set the record as the youngest champ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 19 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #62

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Mar 19 2013, 04:01 AM) *
To anyone discrediting b-hop for beating cloud as it pertains to his skill level, did you discredit Tyson for beating

Agreed. You can only fight whose available to you. I wasn't alive when Pep and Sugar Ray Robinson were fighting but let's not act like some of the ATG's didn't have cab drivers and butlers on their resumes back then lol...and they're better then the fighters today so interpret that how you will. I don't know who he has to beat or who he's supposed to fight to get the credit he deserves

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 20 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #63

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Mar 19 2013, 10:01 AM) *

Depends, where there any better champs at that weight? There was Michael Spinks and Tim Witherspoons, supposedly that Spinks was the lineal champ. So really Tyson should of fought him if he was the top dog of the division. But if Berbick was the best in the division then you can't complain.

To put it bluntly, unless your undisputed, you ain't shit in my book.

Floyd Patterson who had it supposedly before Tyson won a vacant title...(The age record btw not the actual title)

Am pretty sure I could fault a lot of them, aside from maybe Ali, since the so called experts had him being destroyed by Liston.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Mar 20 2013, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 20 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #64

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Mar 19 2013, 05:01 AM) *

I don't think you get it. It's okay to give fighters credit where its due, but there's some obvious double standards that goes on. For example, it's real easy for people to discredit people like Alvarez or Mayweather Jr., but they don't do the same for other fighters. IIRC, people shat on Holmes and Berbick for beating up a washed up Ali, but didn't favor the same for Tyson beating up a washed up Holmes and a faulty career of Berbick. Douglas didn't even get the credit he deserved for beating Tyson.

+Quote Post
anthonyaccurate
post Mar 21 2013, 10:20 PM
Post #65

Strawweight

Member No.: 2,772

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Depends, where there any better champs at that weight? There was Michael Spinks and Tim Witherspoons, supposedly that Spinks was the lineal champ. So really Tyson should of fought him if he was the top dog of the division. But if Berbick was the best in the division then you can't complain.

To put it bluntly, unless your undisputed, you ain't shit in my book.

Floyd Patterson who had it supposedly before Tyson won a vacant title...(The age record btw not the actual title)

Am pretty sure I could fault a lot of them, aside from maybe Ali, since the so called experts had him being destroyed by Liston.

When have people questioned Tyson, or Foreman, etc. for the level of comp when they set their records? Nobody said Moorer was the best heavyweight on Earth when Foreman beat him, and I've never seen or heard anyone discredit Tyson for his comp when he beat Berbick.
I just give them credit and respect the accomplishment. Frankly, I cant ever think of when someone set a record for being the youngest or oldest to do something, and the comp is questioned. Its not like Bhop ducking cats....outside of Dawson, how many lhw you KNOW are beating him?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 22 2013, 05:51 AM
Post #66

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Mar 22 2013, 03:20 AM) *
When have people questioned Tyson, or Foreman, etc. for the level of comp when they set their records? Nobody said Moorer was the best heavyweight on Earth when Foreman beat him, and I've never seen or heard anyone discredit Tyson for his comp when he beat Berbick.
I just give them credit and respect the accomplishment. Frankly, I cant ever think of when someone set a record for being the youngest or oldest to do something, and the comp is questioned. Its not like Bhop ducking cats....outside of Dawson, how many lhw you KNOW are beating him?

sure he his a very high level competitor, for his age and that is an achievement, but then he fought the best and look what happened, I thought he lost that fight pretty decisively

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 22 2013, 07:06 AM
Post #67

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Dawson was simply better that night and style wise is a hard fight for Hopkins.. that same Dawson lost to Pascal who Hopkins beat twice.. Dawson is not the best light heavyweight.. I mean his victory over hopkins is cool yet he quit against Ward out of fear of being stopped by the hands of Ward- - even at 48 I would be willing to bet that Ward would not stop Hopkins, yet Hopkins would not go to 168 and make Ward come to 175-- calling Dawson the best just does not sound right- cannot take away from his win over Hopkins but it was not very emphatic in my view- -Hopkins still came away unscathed and lived to fight on and become a three time light heavy weight champ- who knows what Dawson will be like when he fights again. He is as mentally weak and unstable as they come--- I am sure one of the top 175ers with less skill than Hopkins could beat him on a given night because of his weak mind...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Mar 22 2013, 07:08 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 26 2013, 10:28 AM
Post #68

Super Middleweight

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14111.html

I couldnt put it better.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 26 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #69

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 22 2013, 07:06 AM) *
Dawson was simply better that night and style wise is a hard fight for Hopkins.. that same Dawson lost to Pascal who Hopkins beat twice.. Dawson is not the best light heavyweight.. I mean his victory over hopkins is cool yet he quit against Ward out of fear of being stopped by the hands of Ward- - even at 48 I would be willing to bet that Ward would not stop Hopkins, yet Hopkins would not go to 168 and make Ward come to 175-- calling Dawson the best just does not sound right- cannot take away from his win over Hopkins but it was not very emphatic in my view- -Hopkins still came away unscathed and lived to fight on and become a three time light heavy weight champ- who knows what Dawson will be like when he fights again. He is as mentally weak and unstable as they come--- I am sure one of the top 175ers with less skill than Hopkins could beat him on a given night because of his weak mind...

I agree with that wholeheartedly!! Ward manhandled Dawson and people can try to make all the excuses they want about Chad being weight drained and whatnot, he wasn't and it wouldn't have mattered if that fight took place at whatever weight, the outcome still would've been the same.

+Quote Post
FinitoElDinamita
post Mar 27 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #70

Flyweight

Member No.: 12,302

IT's simple. Reason he's not celebrated is because he's boring as fuck.. There's nothing else to it and it's no mystery why he's not celebrated..

Fuck the snaggle tooth conman..

1. Roy

2. Toney

3. Bernard

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:04 PM