IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WHY DOESN'T AMERICA CELEBRATE HOPKINS?, Before the doping Armstrong was heraleded!!
neophyte7
post Mar 27 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #71

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

[quote name='FinitoElDinamita' date='Mar 27 2013, 10:13 PM' post='576470']
IT's simple. Reason he's not celebrated is because he's boring as fuck.. There's nothing else to it and it's no mystery why he's not celebrated..

Bullshit...Someone highlighted that Lance Armstrong was celebrated and he is a cyclist... cycling is boring as hell--no fucking way Cloud - Hopkins was not a boring fight maybe boring to those who picked against hopkins it was boring to see Cloud get matadored...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 28 2013, 04:57 AM
Post #72

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

Bullshit...Someone highlighted that Lance Armstrong was celebrated and he is a cyclist... cycling is boring as hell--no fucking way Cloud - Hopkins was not a boring fight maybe boring to those who picked against hopkins it was boring to see Cloud get matadored...

I said he was celebrated, which he was. I started this thread and I agree with you that cycling is boring, nevertheless did not Lance have commercial endorsements? Did not Lance have an entire country following him?? I love BHop as a fighter and I've never said he was boring but I'm not sure why some people seem to think that way: the fight with Pavlik was very entertaining, the fight with Trinidad was exciting, the fights with Allen were exciting, the Joppy beatdown was hellacious.

Now that I'm looking at the quote above from Dinamita I see that he's the one who is stating BHop is boring and usually you get that kind of quote from Mexicans because they want to see a guy brawl (not box, there is a difference). Back in BHop's heyday he did brawl often but he is damn near 50 and for some clown to think that a man that age is just going to stand there and go toe to toe it shows how little he/she knows of the art of boxing.

Now I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Hops did not have a few stinkers like the fight with Hakkar (Morrade was the one running) and a few others but then again, it takes two to tango so it is not all totally his fault that those fights what they were but still if you take Nard's total career he had some very exciting fights overall with a few duds in between.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:01 PM