> 50 wanted Gary Russell Jr! HA
Dolimite
post Mar 12 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/gary-russell-jr...join-sms--63293

When I read this article I damn near spit my orange juice out! The balls this guy Curtis Jackson has. Wouldn't this be the second Al Haymon fighter he tried to take? No ho leaves a good pimp! I am not calling boxers hos but it is similar. If you are happy with your promotional company why would you jump ship to one that is struggling and has no real power to get your name out? I will give 50 props for trying I can't knock the hustle. Okay, so what could 50 offer Gary Jr. that Haymon can't?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
BigFightFan
post Mar 12 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 12 2013, 05:09 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/gary-russell-jr...join-sms--63293

When I read this article I damn near spit my orange juice out! The balls this guy Curtis Jackson has. Wouldn't this be the second Al Haymon fighter he tried to take? No ho leaves a good pimp! I am not calling boxers hos but it is similar. If you are happy with your promotional company why would you jump ship to one that is struggling and has no real power to get your name out? I will give 50 props for trying I can't knock the hustle. Okay, so what could 50 offer Gary Jr. that Haymon can't?

SMS will have to be persistent, patient, dedicated, and open up the check book to be successful in boxing. Without a relationship with Golden Boy and Haymon life will be rough for 50 and company.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 12 2013, 09:01 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Funny, very funny. But I'm still trying to figure put why would 50 go after an Al Haymon fighter after that dumb shit he pulled with Floyd. Hell will freeze over before he gets an Al Haymon fighter to sign to him. The lure of ESPN cards won't work on a fighter like Russel jr, who's closing in on a title shot and stardom

If 50 wants to really build his company, he should go after unsigned talent and up and coming guys. He'll have better success there then semi and already established guys. This isn't hip hop where you can just roam free and do what you want at any given time. He's going to have to put actual effort into this if he wants longevity as a boxing promoter.

And now I see why GB doesn't push Russel jr the way they push Broner. I used to see those two fight on cards together, then Broner just took off like a bat outta hell and Rusell jr stayed on contender status. Now that he says he's not signed to any promo company, I see why. GB has no incentive to make him a star since he's not signed to them...I thought he was with them but you learn something new every day

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 19 2013, 01:21 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 12 2013, 09:01 PM) *
Funny, very funny. But I'm still trying to figure put why would 50 go after an Al Haymon fighter after that dumb shit he pulled with Floyd. Hell will freeze over before he gets an Al Haymon fighter to sign to him. The lure of ESPN cards won't work on a fighter like Russel jr, who's closing in on a title shot and stardom

If 50 wants to really build his company, he should go after unsigned talent and up and coming guys. He'll have better success there then semi and already established guys. This isn't hip hop where you can just roam free and do what you want at any given time. He's going to have to put actual effort into this if he wants longevity as a boxing promoter.

And now I see why GB doesn't push Russel jr the way they push Broner. I used to see those two fight on cards together, then Broner just took off like a bat outta hell and Rusell jr stayed on contender status. Now that he says he's not signed to any promo company, I see why. GB has no incentive to make him a star since he's not signed to them...I thought he was with them but you learn something new every day

i heard that 50 is going after broner

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:23 PM