Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> floyd taking shots at ward!?, wtf?
daprofessor
post Mar 13 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i just read on the front page that floyd was taking shots at ward for rooting for guerrero? really? anyone have a link to his comments? i'd like to read/hear them for myself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Franchize
post Mar 13 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

At first, I was with Floyd about the whole religion thing. I hate when fighters use their religion and act like God is on one person's side over the other. I hated when Holyfield used to do it. I hate when Manny does it. I hate when Guerrero does it too. That being said, I think Floyd started becoming a little petty after a while in that interview. I think he thought him and Ward had a bond going and felt betrayed when Ward went on record supporting Guerrero. It was a bit immature but I like the way Ward handled it. I'm willing to bet they'll be cool in the near future.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 13 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Floyd did Ward a favor by mentioning his name.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 13 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 13 2013, 12:22 PM) *
At first, I was with Floyd about the whole religion thing. I hate when fighters use their religion and act like God is on one person's side over the other. I hated when Holyfield used to do it. I hate when Manny does it. I hate when Guerrero does it too. That being said, I think Floyd started becoming a little petty after a while in that interview. I think he thought him and Ward had a bond going and felt betrayed when Ward went on record supporting Guerrero. It was a bit immature but I like the way Ward handled it. I'm willing to bet they'll be cool in the near future.

the interview started off good...and i was in agreement in the beginning as well...then it took a turn and he started to sound like a jealous woman. "that bitch knows that ain't no real louis vuitton bag!!!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) seriously....jealousy, envy, hate....leave that shit to bitches. grown men shouldn't be exercising those emotions. floyd needs to stop with the whole "i made him famous" bullshit. his formula isn't new to boxing...he's just letting everyone know what it is and doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word discretion. ward handled it very well.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 13 2013, 12:39 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 13 2013, 12:26 PM) *
Floyd did Ward a favor by mentioning his name.

stop. u joking right?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 13 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I think Floyd stated his opinion. I agree with professor when he sounded hurt that Ward was cheering for Guerrero. At the same time he was spot on about Canelo and how people view God and sports. God doesn't have a stake in who wins sporting events which is why I hated the whole Tim Tebow thing. There are Christians everywhere across the sporting world. If Guerrero loses is he going to be the same believer he was afterwards? Its amazing how he no longer has a slick mouth.

I think the interview was Floyd venting. He is pissed about people talking about his competition, Canelo giving him the deuces, and Ward supporting Guerrero. I think he should go to Ward and explain to him how he feels. I mean Ward isn't a house hold name and he is not a big money maker, Mayweather shouldn't shit on him for that if anything he should at least be a guide to him instead of sounding like a hater.

+Quote Post
dre98
post Mar 13 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #7

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 13 2013, 12:52 PM) *
I think Floyd stated his opinion. I agree with professor when he sounded hurt that Ward was cheering for Guerrero. At the same time he was spot on about Canelo and how people view God and sports. God doesn't have a stake in who wins sporting events which is why I hated the whole Tim Tebow thing. There are Christians everywhere across the sporting world. If Guerrero loses is he going to be the same believer he was afterwards? Its amazing how he no longer has a slick mouth.

I think the interview was Floyd venting. He is pissed about people talking about his competition, Canelo giving him the deuces, and Ward supporting Guerrero. I think he should go to Ward and explain to him how he feels. I mean Ward isn't a house hold name and he is not a big money maker, Mayweather shouldn't shit on him for that if anything he should at least be a guide to him instead of sounding like a hater.

I definitely agree with the first part of what you said. I would love to hear the audio of these interviews because somethings that are said you dont know what type of emotion or energy is being portrayed. I'm looking forward to what comes of this. Ward needs some type of controversy in his career because honestly to the outside world the only person people might know him for fighting is Chad Dawson. I think he needs all the press he can get. This can be a big opportunity for him to announce a fight or something.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 13 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Well let's just deal with what he's stated for now: He did have the truth on his side regardless of his tasteless way of saying it but the problem is that ppl don't like him anyway so even if he said it in a nicer fashion yall still would have a problem with it because of the Hate you harbor in your hearts for the man. (not necessarily directed at anyone here but in the general public)

Yall speak of him dissin someone but yall are more hypocritical and no better than him because yall talking more ish about him than he is about Andre.....atleast he's spitting the truth.

Do I like it anymore than you what he stated or how? No, do I condone it? No, but it is all true.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Mar 13 2013, 02:07 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 13 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

To be honest though, the interview was bordering on being antagonistic. Why was Ward's opinion even thrown in the interview like that? I didn't get the purpose of bringing that up. That said, Floyd didn't handle it well...but in the midst of that unnecessary rant, what he was saying was somewhat true. It seems as if Ward is going to play the good guy role all the way into mediocrity. Not as far as his talent but as far as his earnings. I'm not saying do a complete 180 like Floyd did in his career and become the villain but he needs to re-evaluate how he's marketing himself. No way a guy that good, with the resume' he stockpiled in the last 2+ years, should be such an unknown. I hate to say it, but I think he may be becoming a little too overbearing with his religion. I'm not saying ditch your faith, but nobody wants to hear that one person is better than the other because he's a "son of God" and the other guy isn't. As Floyd said, "I thought we all were God's children?" I really like Ward in and outside of the ring but he's bordering on Evander Holyfield territory, where he's starting to maybe make people feel like he thinks he's "holier" than them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 13 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

different strokes for different folks. there is truth to what floyd was saying....but did it need to be said?

if you're paid...does it need to be shouted from the mountain tops, do you need to be flashy?

if you're a gangster....do u need to act hard?

if you're better than someone else at anything do you need to constantly remind everybody?

i guess if you're insecure, you'll sing your own praises....or go fishing for compliments. i get that sometimes ppl need to be reminded but floyd is at a point in his career that he shouldn't have to say shit. when he does...he leaves himself open to interpretation and criticism. he likes the attention....and he isn't stupid. a lot of what he says is to stir up conversation and to get ppl mentioning his name. like he said...love him or hate him....we're all gonna watch. i enjoy seeing him do his thing. there are times when i enjoy the side show shit...i.e. him cursing larry merchant....and there are times when i cringe...him cursing his pops. when he fights....i watch, learn and take notes. all that other shit is meaningless to me. i don't watch him because he's controversial...or a fool...or a genius at marketing himself or any of that. i watch him because he is a genius in the ring.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:19 AM