IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Mar 16 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all the action and post-fight reaction to tonight's WBO Welterweight Championship fight. FYI the Russian dude was Manny Pacquaio's sparring partner, and some are saying he will give a better showing than the approximate 8-1 odds against him. Discuss here.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
26 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
mitukczuk
post Mar 16 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

I have never seen Provodnikov fight. But I expect him to have a granite chin and some power behind it with little or no significant defense. I smell surprise though, these kinds are dangerous. I sincerely hope lil' Timmy will win this one and gets a nice yet small (for a champion) payday. I will be cheering for him in my sleep as the fight is again at around 4am as always here in Europe.

Bradley by UD. 116-112 or smth like that.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 16 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I hate that I'm out of town for this one, but I'll be with you guys in spirit. I can leave a prediction, right? Lol

I used to dislike Bradley with a passion, but thanks to Professor, I'm now a Bradley fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I believe that this is Bradley's fight to lose. I see him beating a lot of guys, but this Provo guy may not be a walk in the park. I've yet to see anybody stand up to Timmy's bully-type style...but tonight may be the night.

I believe this Provo guy is a significant wild card in this situation...according to his record, but we all know how that goes

If Provo is first tonight, then we have to see how Timmy adjusts. He usually adjusts well, but if Provo is as tough as the other Asian fighter (I believe his last name is Kim), then this one should be interesting.

I'll be the oddball to say that Bradley gets dropped tonight, but finishes the fight in great comeback effort. Maybe he's gotten sharper since his last fight with one of the greatest fighters of this generation. Who knows.

Bradley eeks out a nasty decision in this one.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 16 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Problem is I dislike the shit out of Bradley, he talks as if he completely outclassed Pac while in reality it was a pretty close fight. Especially when Pac fought Marquez and he said that, that was the easier fight. In the words of Thurman, come on son. Also the fact he didn't fight Khan still pisses me off to this day lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 16 2013, 06:37 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

We might get some shit or at least a surprise tonight,

Because at least according to Box Rec, CShel's favorite ref is officiating!!!! hahahahaha!

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...3&cat=boxer

Jack

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 16 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 16 2013, 01:16 PM) *
I have never seen Provodnikov fight. But I expect him to have a granite chin and some power behind it with little or no significant defense. I smell surprise though, these kinds are dangerous. I sincerely hope lil' Timmy will win this one and gets a nice yet small (for a champion) payday. I will be cheering for him in my sleep as the fight is again at around 4am as always here in Europe.

Bradley by UD. 116-112 or smth like that.

Provodnikov's been on ESPN a couple of times and has never faced anyone of Bradley's calibre. With two functioning ankles this time, unlike when he fought Pacquaio, Bradley should win very comfortably. Provodnikov has a puncher's chance, but that's it.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 16 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Lucky boy is throwing some wild bombs, Vargas better keep ducking

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 16 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

This is a good fight!!

+Quote Post
VJones
post Mar 16 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #9

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

If I didn't trust my own eyes, I wouldn't know what was going on in this fight listening to Lampley & Co. Jesse Vargas is a bore. They can't make him exciting or appealing. Letterman is the only one watching the fight I'm watching tonight. These HBO cheerleaders are trying too hard.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 16 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I'm surprised that TR put Vargas in the ring with a very, very live opponent. To me, through 9 rounds, Omotoso's definitely ahead. Close, but no question about it (except when the judges give it to Vargas)

How did Vargas win the 9th? Omotoso even landed a nice sneaky uppercut inside of Vargas' jab, maybe more than once.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 16 2013, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:05 AM