IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Dolimite
post Mar 18 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #191

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 04:26 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that's some funny shit.

Professor it is true! I mean the bruising slid down from his face to his ankle, that is how powerful his punches are, the bruising skips the face and goes to another body part. Didn't you see what he did to Margarito!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 18 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #192

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 18 2013, 06:31 PM) *
Professor it is true! I mean the bruising slid down from his face to his ankle, that is how powerful his punches are, the bruising skips the face and goes to another body part. Didn't you see what he did to Margarito!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Mar 18 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #193

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 18 2013, 03:37 PM) *
However,

I have to agree with CShel and some others. Isn't the potential for quitting after one tough fight a little premature? Bradley shocked us by giving us a near classic type of brawl. I don't think he should quit after one fight. These are the kind of fights that are going to resurrect HBO's dying fan and subscription base. The public wants wars like this. I know that there's a flip-side that wars shorten careers, but its almost the kind of thing we need in our sport to get people interested in boxing and talking about boxing,away from their MMA mindsets. Bradley hasn't been a household name to do that. However, now people are talking more about the great fight they saw with the "Russian Rocky" instead of putting Tim in a negative light as the guy who got this huge Christmas gift against Pacquiao in an undeserved split decision win.

Give him at least six month off and lets see what happens for his future plans. It would be more realistic to assess this at that time. Holyfield fought for decades, alternating between wars with smaller fighters, and with the STRONG exception of the Bowe Trillogy. had some boring fights against bigger taller guys. (Lewis I and II) Tim reminds me of a mini Holyfield in looks, fighting spirit, and now we know he can brawl with heart or box very well. Holyfield could be stunned badly when he brawled against unknowns i,e (Bert Cooper) I wonder if Tim's people took the big Russian too lightly? Did Bradley not train as well as he would have, if this had been a big name fighter? One way or the other, he will learn from this in a big way, but needs a solid six months to a year break.

Jack

I remember the Cooper fight. Holy had a rough patch, but not 12 rounds of rough patch. I think he was hurt much worse in Bowe/Holy 1. Evander was in some wars, but I truly think this was different for Bradley. Mayweather has a point in ducking some of the guys he avoided. This fight was a career shortener. If a guy doesn't want to sacrifice his well being for my entertainment, I'm ok with that. Don't fight anymore. I wouldn't say a negative thing about Bradley if he called it quits. He just didn't look right after this fight, to me.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 18 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #194

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 05:11 PM) *
i think he's going to realize, fuck the fans...and just focus on winning. that win may have gotten him more fans...but he needs to go back to what he does. he had nothing to prove imo.

He wanted to prove his worth due to the PAC fight--- getting his head beat into a concussive state will hopefully dictate a strategy that builds upon the boxing and defensive skills he possesses, especially against one dimensional face first sluggers-- not to take away from the heart and will of the RUSSIAN, but dude is as one dimensional as they come...

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 18 2013, 05:25 PM) *
As a Mayweather fan, folks may take this the wrong way, but Freddie Roach is going to get his fighters in the same medical condition he is in later in life. I dont hate Freddie or anything, but with all the challenges he has medically, he should really know better

LMAO.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 18 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #195

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Next time Manny spars this guy, maybe he can teach Many how to cut a ring off lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 18 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #196

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 11:00 PM) *
still waiting on a pactard to answer that one.

its cause the Saint heals people not hurt them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 19 2013, 02:14 AM
Post #197

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I was saying that while watching the fight, that this dude is definitely hitting and rocking Bradley harder than what Pacquiao did. So he definitely won the fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by sduck: Mar 19 2013, 02:15 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 19 2013, 07:45 AM
Post #198

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2013, 05:27 PM) *
Unless your name's Victor Ortiz

Yeah, that Floyd stuff definitely gave a lot of people tunnel vision. I knew that a potential fight wasn't going to come out of all the nonsense, so I just left it alone. LOL.

I MAY have seen Ruslan fight before, but then again, I think I got him mixed up with Kim. I could've seen him fight on FNFs, but again, I truly dont remember. I wont lie and say that I didn't feel bad for Bradley, but again this is a contact sport, and the ONLY fighter that I've felt sorry for, was Miguel Cotto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Same here. With a dome as big as his, he may have another 8 years left on his career. Lol

I cant even agree that Rios slurs, and I actually watched the recent HBO segment. Dude has always talked like he was holding spit in his mouth, then that stupid smile of his doesn't help the matter.

As much as I don't like Roach from time to time, I've eased up off of him. He DOES speak the truth about his fighters. In this case, I can't say that he was speaking the truth about the Bradley/Provo fight. Me thinks that's he's doing his best to make Timmy seem like a warrior, so the Pacquiao rematch will be THAT much more appealing.

Had he talked shit about Timmy almost being knocked out on several occasions, then he'd only be doing himself an injustice, by making it seem like Manny is about to fight a chinny chump in a comeback bout. Let's not forget that Manny got laid out, so his next opponent should seem as "dangerous" as possible...according to his team, who seem to having a hard time reviving his recently blemished terminator demeanor.

PS: Why didn't Timmy's face look like this after the Pacquaio fight, since so many "devastating" flurries landed on Pac's behalf? Weird, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just killing it throughout the post lmao!

I agree that timmy took a bigger beating then in both of cottos beatings. Doctors have said time and time again that the worst damage boxers can take is after being concussed. And timmy definitely looked/sounded like he was concussed. Cotto seemed to always be very concious of the damage he was taken. And say what you want about cotto but the guy has/had an awesome chin (something a lot of Puerto rican/Cuban fighters don't) and he takes his beatings like a man.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #199

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 19 2013, 08:45 AM) *
Just killing it throughout the post lmao!

I agree that timmy took a bigger beating then in both of cottos beatings. Doctors have said time and time again that the worst damage boxers can take is after being concussed. And timmy definitely looked/sounded like he was concussed. Cotto seemed to always be very concious of the damage he was taken. And say what you want about cotto but the guy has/had an awesome chin (something a lot of Puerto rican/Cuban fighters don't) and he takes his beatings like a man.

Lol, I had a lot to get off my chest.

I'm just glad that Ruslan didn't have enough skill to really cut the ring off and bury Bradley. The onslaught rooted from him being too aggressive and not moving his head. I bet he wont give a damn what the fans say from now on...dude was 4 out of 6 feet from a dirt nap...step 5 would've been Timmy lying on the floor, and step 6 would've been the dirt being thrown on him.

I wont lie, my fuckin heart was racing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Timmy looked and sounded like he had been in a hotbox with Julio, smoking that good stuff. At least he didn't look defeated, in terms of his attitude, but hell who knows, he may cried in the shower in the locker room...no need to do in front of the camera.

Cotto always had a 'B-' to an 'A-' grade chin, he only looked bad when a guy caught him clean on the chin. What a minute, don't most/all fighters go down after being hit with a flush shot to the chin? Of course they do Cshel, wtf are you even talking about bro? So I agree, Cotto had a great chin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #200

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 18 2013, 08:27 PM) *
its cause the Saint heals people not hurt them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i forgot about his sainthood.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:25 PM